H and KFK's Fourth at the Fort AND BEYOND!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No hijack can be complete without.......EYE CANDY!! :) You're welcome ladies!

Nothing wrong with Fox News - as long as you realize it ISN'T News; You don't think every word they say was engraved in stone by a finger; and you balance what you see there with other sources ...

Wow! I've never heard them say "Fox news... the #1 name in NOT the news." That would make an interesting slogan. :rofl2: If you go make sure to take notes, pics and share a good thorough report. :)

Yeah, I hear ya. Anna is so tiny we can probably put her in the bike trailer until she's 16. :rofl2: But I will be looking into a 6 passenger cart.

Oh, Lorna.... ;)

LOL!! Anna probably would fit in the bike trailer that long! Maybe even longer. Gigantasaurus Gabe outgrew the seat and the bike trailer before he was four! :rofl2:

Aw, poor Gabe looks like the smoke got in his eyes. Or maybe he's just scared of the GIANT ORB hovering over H's hat! :blink:

Mmmmm...that sammich does look smack yummy! I love me some chicken sammich too. But that place is never open when I visit.

It looks like the orb is pretty scary. Maybe he thinks if he shuts his eyes really tight so he can't see it then it's not really there. ;)

That sammich was fabulous! I'm not kidding! It seems like it used to open after 5 or something like that when it was the noodle station. It was open everytime we passed it this time and they had a pretty good variety too. They even had lobster rolls. If they keep it as good as it is now we may make it one of our traditional spots. I don't remember what time we were there but they started trying to hurry us out for the special people. A cm was actually blocking the entrance to that section with garbage cans and such.

We didn't like that. Not one little bit. And we didn't hurry either.

Enjoying your report, you have a wonderful family.

Thank you sunset lady. I really appreciate you joining in. :)

I have to say we've been to MK in the middle of June and the week December 23rd of last year and I've NEVER seen it so crowded. I am looking forward to early Nov crowds next year!

It wasn't that crowded most of the trip. But I've actually seen it MUCH worse.

At least there weren't any Brazilian tour groups in that crowd.

Not perms creeping you out, the "futuristic" lady!! Goofball! :rofl2:

OHHHH!!! Duh! :rofl2: Kids have stolen every brain cell I ever had. I got nuttin' left.

This is the Goofball Font :rofl2:

SIDE-GOOF-SP.gif

What are you trying to say ED? Is that my personal font that I should be using from now on? :D

Day 11 continues…

I left off on the last installment saying that Winnie the Pooh was our next attraction but I’d maxed out the photo limit. Here’s the pics.

100_9418.jpg

100_9419.jpg

100_9420.jpg

Lil’ H had been wanting to see the sword in the stone for the entire trip. Since this was the last day we figured we’d better go ahead and let him have at it!

IMG_20110711_162225.jpg

He’s giving it all he’s got in this one! LOL!

100_9432.jpg

And with that..

We made the decision to leave for a while and try to come back later.

100_9433.jpg

When we got onto Main Street, poor lil’ H was tired and said he “couldn’t walk another step”. A little dramatic I know, but I figured he could use a little babying so I carried him. The castle show was going on as we were leaving so he watched what he could with his little head on my shoulder as we walked toward the exit. As the show got near the end I stopped and turned around so he could watch the finale.

Sorry, these 2 photos were taken with my phone so they’re not the best… but they’re not too bad.

IMG_20110711_163229.jpg

IMG_20110711_163344.jpg

100_9435.jpg

100_2191.jpg

The two girls in this photo look like they’re having a blast don’t they? :rofl2:

100_2196.jpg

Gabe, however, does look very happy to be back in the camper.

P7113585.jpg

After a little rest poor Gabe was getting stir crazy and on the verge of an all out meltdown so I thought maybe a little golf cart therapy would help settle him down.

As we were coming down the steps of the camper I saw someone in a cart near our fort fiend sign. I walked down and introduced myself. The man turned out to be our very own Ken! Judy was back at their site cooking dinner so unfortunately I didn’t get to meet her in person. I was hoping to catch up with her later but it never happened. I did however get to meet 3 of their kids. What a wonderful family they are! I can’t say enough about how they inspire me with all they do for special needs children. After a very nice visit, Gabe was starting to get irate, so we said our goodbye’s and nice to meet ya’s, hopped on our Kenny cart and we were on our way..

It was kinda nice going for a ride with just the two of us. :D

We had, through the course of our trip, ridden all over the Fort so I thought we’d ride over to Creekside Meadow for a look around.

I didn’t bring the camera so the next photos were taken with my phone.

One thing that cracked me up was the bus stop. I don’t know why it mattered to me or even why I noticed but it just says “Bus Stop”. All of the other ones have the loop numbers , the one by the TCD Farm even has a name. But this one at the tent camping area is just simply “Bus Stop”. :D

IMG_20110711_184245.jpg

We rode through here earlier in our trip and it was filled with tent campers, but it is a ghost town now!

IMG_20110711_183913.jpg

IMG_20110711_183931.jpg

The creek that puts the creek in Creekside.

IMG_20110711_183954.jpg

More dark clouds gathering…

IMG_20110711_184048.jpg

The Bus Stop.

IMG_20110711_184106.jpg

Holy Bat pole!

IMG_20110711_184132.jpg

Since parking and standing aren’t allowed here…

We kept moving.

IMG_20110711_184102.jpg

Now we are at the outer reaches of guest access at the Fort. I would have entered the gate but it clearly says not too.

There is even a basketball net at the outer reaches of FW.

IMG_20110711_184218.jpg

Being the rule follower that I am :rolleyes: and due to the darkening clouds, I turned around and headed back to the camper. Good decision. It felt like it was starting to drizzle rain. Imagine that! ;)

Thankfully it didn’t really start to rain until we got back back.

IMG_20110711_184639.jpg

Looks like the neighbors had pizza!

And a lot of it too!!!

IMG_20110711_184729.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

IMG_20110711_184756.jpg

Our intention was to go back to MK since it was our last night but that just didn’t seem like the thing to do. The kids were tired and it looked like it was gonna rain hard.

I know that was kind of anti-climatic. It would have been great to end our trip with Wishes or the MSEP but sometimes that’s just how it goes. Our last night was spent in the camper watching TV and playing with the kids. I can live with that.

Coming up: The Departure Day Blues

Day 11 continues…

I left off on the last installment saying that Winnie the Pooh was our next attraction but I’d maxed out the photo limit. Here’s the pics.

100_9418.jpg

100_9419.jpg

100_9420.jpg

Lil’ H had been wanting to see the sword in the stone for the entire trip. Since this was the last day we figured we’d better go ahead and let him have at it!

IMG_20110711_162225.jpg

He’s giving it all he’s got in this one! LOL!

100_9432.jpg

And with that..

We made the decision to leave for a while and try to come back later.

100_9433.jpg

When we got onto Main Street, poor lil’ H was tired and said he “couldn’t walk another step”. A little dramatic I know, but I figured he could use a little babying so I carried him. The castle show was going on as we were leaving so he watched what he could with his little head on my shoulder as we walked toward the exit. As the show got near the end I stopped and turned around so he could watch the finale.

Sorry, these 2 photos were taken with my phone so they’re not the best… but they’re not too bad.

IMG_20110711_163229.jpg

IMG_20110711_163344.jpg

100_9435.jpg

100_2191.jpg

The two girls in this photo look like they’re having a blast don’t they? :rofl2:

100_2196.jpg

Gabe, however, does look very happy to be back in the camper.

P7113585.jpg

After a little rest poor Gabe was getting stir crazy and on the verge of an all out meltdown so I thought maybe a little golf cart therapy would help settle him down.

As we were coming down the steps of the camper I saw someone in a cart near our fort fiend sign. I walked down and introduced myself. The man turned out to be our very own Ken! Judy was back at their site cooking dinner so unfortunately I didn’t get to meet her in person. I was hoping to catch up with her later but it never happened. I did however get to meet 3 of their kids. What a wonderful family they are! I can’t say enough about how they inspire me with all they do for special needs children. After a very nice visit, Gabe was starting to get irate, so we said our goodbye’s and nice to meet ya’s, hopped on our Kenny cart and we were on our way..

It was kinda nice going for a ride with just the two of us. :D

We had, through the course of our trip, ridden all over the Fort so I thought we’d ride over to Creekside Meadow for a look around.

I didn’t bring the camera so the next photos were taken with my phone.

One thing that cracked me up was the bus stop. I don’t know why it mattered to me or even why I noticed but it just says “Bus Stop”. All of the other ones have the loop numbers , the one by the TCD Farm even has a name. But this one at the tent camping area is just simply “Bus Stop”. :D

IMG_20110711_184245.jpg

We rode through here earlier in our trip and it was filled with tent campers, but it is a ghost town now!

IMG_20110711_183913.jpg

IMG_20110711_183931.jpg

The creek that puts the creek in Creekside.

IMG_20110711_183954.jpg

More dark clouds gathering…

IMG_20110711_184048.jpg

The Bus Stop.

IMG_20110711_184106.jpg

Holy Bat pole!

IMG_20110711_184132.jpg

Since parking and standing aren’t allowed here…

We kept moving.

IMG_20110711_184102.jpg

Now we are at the outer reaches of guest access at the Fort. I would have entered the gate but it clearly says not too.

There is even a basketball net at the outer reaches of FW.

IMG_20110711_184218.jpg

Being the rule follower that I am :rolleyes: and due to the darkening clouds, I turned around and headed back to the camper. Good decision. It felt like it was starting to drizzle rain. Imagine that! ;)

Thankfully it didn’t really start to rain until we got back back.

IMG_20110711_184639.jpg

Looks like the neighbors had pizza!

And a lot of it too!!!

IMG_20110711_184729.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

IMG_20110711_184756.jpg

Our intention was to go back to MK since it was our last night but that just didn’t seem like the thing to do. The kids were tired and it looked like it was gonna rain hard.

I know that was kind of anti-climatic. It would have been great to end our trip with Wishes or the MSEP but sometimes that’s just how it goes. Our last night was spent in the camper watching TV and playing with the kids. I can live with that.

Coming up: The Departure Day Blues

How do you know it is a true KFK update? Look for the double post :rofl2:

He didn't get the sword out but it wasn't from lack of trying. That is one determined face :banana:

Poor lil H, I know that "just can't take another step" feeling. Carry him as long as you can Kim, they grow up way to fast.

Sorry you didn't end your last day with a bang but sometimes a quiet evening enjoying your family makes the best memories. :heart:

I am preparing myself for the end, I know all good things must, but it still makes me sad :'(

How do you know it is a true KFK update? Look for the double post :rofl2:

He didn't get the sword out but it wasn't from lack of trying. That is one determined face.

Poor lil H, I know that "just can't take another step" feeling. Carry him as long as you can Kim, they grow up way to fast.

Sorry you didn't end your last day with a bang but sometimes a quiet evening enjoying your family makes the best memories. :heart:

I am preparing myself for the end, I know all good things must, but it still makes me sad :'(

:rofl2: I guess I've created my own trademark now.

I really wish we'd gotten him over to the sword in the stone when they were doing the show but we were terrible about checking the brochure for show times on this trip. He still enjoyed getting his photo and giving it his best shot.

I agree with you about carrying the kiddos as long as you can. Unfortunately Gabe has severely outgrown his big brother and I can barely lift him on my lap now. Holding him is like trying to hang on to a Great Dane. Lil' H doesn't seem to mind being smaller b/c I can still pick him up. He likes that. :)

We really didn't mind the trip ending the way it did. It may not have been with a bang but we were there for 2 weeks and had an action packed, fun filled stay. No complaints here. We have been fortunate enough to have many WDW trips like that and don't take it for granted for one moment.

I just got that deja vu feeling again!

But that's OK- because I got to see this photo twice:

This one makes me smile!

I am glad Lil' H is still lil' enough to be carried by his momma.

What a sweet photo!

i'm getting sad that this report is nearing the end :(

TCD

One good thing about a KFK TR...

Don't worry if you miss something the first time around. There will be a rerun. LOL.

I'm glad I can still carry lil H too. And I'm glad I have that photo. It makes me smile too. Thank you TCD.

Love the picture of you and Lil' H, it's obvious that your boys are your heart, so many people out there that dont appreciate thier children, your family is definatley NOT one of those, love it! :heart:

Thank you so much Judy. I sure do :heart: my boys. When lil H was a baby, I would sit in the glider rocker to feed him, he'd fall asleep and then wake up crying again. It never failed that I would worry and try to figure out why he was crying only to realize I'd been sitting there staring at him for over 2 hours and he was ready to eat again!!! :rofl2: It was the same way with Gabe too except lil H was only 18 months old when G was born so I couldn't sit still for quite as long.

Funny, but when one of them falls asleep on my lap now, I still stare long and hard at them and kiss their little faces before putting them in bed. Or in Gabe's case, I have to wiggle out from underneath him and leave him wherever he is! It's like being trapped under a boulder. :rofl2:

Ahh.... love that picture. My little girl is almost too big to be carted around... it makes me kinda sad!

Thank you Reb! I know how you feel. I may not be able to tote lil H around this time next year either. :(

July 12

It has finally happened.

That day we all know is coming.

We try not to think about it but it’s inevitable.

Departure Day.

I am anti-gift on the windshield on departure day. In fact, I put it right up there with “gifts” from a pet cat.

IMG_20110909_081654.jpg

It might have been a gloomy, rainy day but the cute factor in the truck on the way home was just too much!!! The boys know how to peg out the Cute-O-Meter. :D

100_2212.jpg

100_2215.jpg

100_2221.jpg

100_2222.jpg

100_2224.jpg

100_2233.jpg

100_2234.jpg

I know this is hard to believe, but it rained on our way home.

100_2243.jpg

This Flying J used to have a pretty good buffet. It has been a tradition to stop here and eat on our way home.

Last year Denny’s replaced the buffet and we swore we’d never eat there again it was so bad.

We forgot about our solemn vow and stopped here again.

We will not make that mistake again. Ugh!!!!

We have eaten at some very good Denny’s. We have also eaten at some bad ones.

It probably isn’t necessary to tell you which column this one falls in.

IMG_20110712_140216.jpg

We started out with a nice sunset early on in this report so I thought it would be fitting to end with one as well.

IMG_20110712_201351.jpg

The End.

Trip Report over.

Done.

Finished.

The fat lady has sung.

Thanks to everyone who joined in, made comments, followed along or just plain lurked.

We had a wonderful trip and since this is technically a July 4 trip report I am going to REALLY end it now with this:

I love the Fort and…

God Bless America.

flag_1.gif

It was the same way with Gabe too except lil H was only 18 months old when G was born so I couldn't sit still for quite as long.

Funny, but when one of them falls asleep on my lap now, I still stare long and hard at them and kiss their little faces before putting them in bed. Or in Gabe's case, I have to wiggle out from underneath him and leave him wherever he is! It's like being trapped under a boulder. :rofl2:

oh honey, who are you tellin, my first 3 were all very close, my son is 15 months older than my daughter and my third child is exactly 12 months and 2 weeks younger than her sister.. I remember being so tired at the end of the day I would just pile them all three on me and we'd fall alseep that way. Occasioanlly when Dave is out of town all 5 of them will pile up with me in the living room floor and watch movies all night, dont tell my pre teens but that's my favorite time with them :heart:

Kim, I loved it ALL! The pics of the boys on the way home are ones that I know you will always treasure, that happiness is just contagious! I see Gabe still had his bus! There were so many high points that I just don't know what to say,except I'm sad it's over.

If those boys can be that darned happy in the back of the truck for hours, those are some HAPPY boys. :heart:

Even as an adult I get crazy when stuck in a vehicle, first I'm bored, then I get tired, then overtired, then stupid.

Now I'm dancing in my seat and singing show tunes. :rolleyes:

Good for the KFBoys.

Those are some great pictures of your boys. Kim you have just finished a fantastic trip report! You have raised the bar when it comes to trip reports. Now I must admit I'm sad to see it's over. So when we all kidnap you on Halloween I'll need you to write mine. Great Report!!

What was that gift that was left on your windshield?

It's over??

Those were the best 35 pages evah!!

Bravo to KFK!! Great report.

Can't you at least squeak out one final post....a kind of "Post Post"?

Ya gotta have at least one more pic of those adorable boys of yours? The last pics of Gabe and Lil H were the bomb. Cuter than heck. Got one more? Or maybe one more of H's pics of your back side? :rofl2:

Anything else? :popcorn:

Late catching up on your TR, but definitely happy I finally did! Great, great trip.

I completely agree 100% on the bike riding at the Fort. That's how my guys and I spend many, many happy hours (if you remember from Stone Mountain, we usually end up spending more time on the bikes than on foot!).

So sweet to see your boys as best buddies! That's adorable, and brings back memories of my guys at those ages. Too cute! Good news is, it should last, too. :banana:

And yep, while the days of carrying them do pass, it's still pretty darn funny when they insist on picking YOU up when they're taller than you! Silly boys.

I already can't wait for next year's report! This was fantastic!

I was so sad when I read that it was departure day, but then I looked at those pictures of your precious boys and I was happy again! Fantastic job on the report! This trip report is now tied for first place on my list of favorite trip reports ever...my other favorite is the one where Dave and Christy went to get little Anna!

When is your next visit to the mouse? I'm counting down the days until your next trip report!

AMAZING!!

An amazing trip report, amazing photos, amazingly adorable kids, and...

amazing that I just read the whole thing from start to finish!

unreal.gif

Serves me right for being 3 months behind on TRs!!

One question - Kim, what kind of cameras are you and H using?

Some notes...

I am anti-poncho

I am VERY pro-EWP and COP (Hi Lou! :raspberry:)

I am also anti-prison

...pro-monoral

...anti- new Settlement Trading Post sign (yuk)

...PRO silly faces

...pro-picnic tables and canoes

Side note: someone on some other camping board recently mentioned that they actually REQUESTED site 617. Not. Even. Kidding. :wacko:

I think I'm anti-pajama jeans but... I like pajamas and I like jeans :blink:

carrying on...

...pro-Clover King Wagon

...anti-"the water tanker is still missing"

...most decidedly ANTI-ending up in someone’s TR in a swimsuit!!!!

...pro, Pro, PRO-KFK's bike tour of a lifetime!

Thanks for the terrific TR, Kim

Thank especially for the Wishes!

I was singing along with your post...

...and crying along with the video. :wub:

:bighug:

:bravo:

...and now I need to go sleep for a week. ;)