HI all!! New to this (very cool) forum! Found it kind of accidently and am thrilled. What a neat group of people ;) Ok, here is my deal. This is our FIRST trip to the Fort. So excited, 3 young sons who can't wait to visit the park at Christmas time. We booked a pop up site. Well, me and the hubby decided we wanted to stretch all five sets of our legs better and have moved up to a hybrid style travel trailer (we had 2 pop ups before this, our last one was 25 feet opened up and the travel trailer will be only 27ft). I figure I should call and find out if they will allow my somewhat (by 2 feet) longer trailer in a pop up site and the agent tells me "oh no, this is not allowed". So I ask if there are ANY other sites at this time. Well, the answer was no. Totally bummed. Have been saving for this for a while now and she said all we can do is call back and check the website for cancellations. After reading some of your posts, I noticed one that suggested that although they 'say' we cannot park our trailer in a pop up site, that people have seen this done at the park before. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? The people at the reservation desk just told us that they could put a note on our site saying our rig was going to be bigger (?). Yet the agent said this was not allowed. Are they very strict about what trailers they allow in partial sites? Should we be scrambling to get someone's cancellation or will they work with us when we get there? I so appreciate your input....and I love sarcasm so bring it on :) Thanks all!!

First off welcome!!!!

The biggest thing with partials is there is no sewer and there is also no dump stations at the Fort, so if you use your sink and shower and toilet a lot, you will be dragging your blue boy to the bath house or an empty full hookup site to dump it.

However, even though they say no at reservations, the real answer is "don't ask, don't tell"

Another trick, try and book for a much longer time than you actually need, as much as a month, then cancel the days you don't need. Try starting your reservation mid week.

Another tip, contact [email protected] She is EXCELLENT and will find a site for you eventually!!!

Thank you thank you!!! I was so hoping I would get a response from ya ;) No dump stations??? YIKES!!!! That is great to know :) Great info, us newbies appreciate this a BUNCH!!!! Happy camping ;)

First off welcome!!!!

The biggest thing with partials is there is no sewer and there is also no dump stations at the Fort, so if you use your sink and shower and toilet a lot, you will be dragging your blue boy to the bath house or an empty full hookup site to dump it.

However, even though they say no at reservations, the real answer is "don't ask, don't tell"

Another trick, try and book for a much longer time than you actually need, as much as a month, then cancel the days you don't need. Try starting your reservation mid week.

Another tip, contact [email protected] She is EXCELLENT and will find a site for you eventually!!!

I have nothing to add to your question other than...

:welcome:

You will LOVE the Fort! You'll love it even more at Christmas time! You're paying a premium price for a campsite that time of year so do plan some Fort time in your vacation and just roam around. There's so much to do & enjoy there that if you didn't go into the parks you would still have an awesome time!!

I second this suggestion. I can tell you this. I simply quit doing reservations myself and just use Rhonda. Not only has she been able to get me ressies when I could not, she even got me discounts.

Oh, do any of you guys sleep or is the clock off?

Just yesterday I did the very thing that Carol suggested. I couldn't get the exact dates I wanted for Halloween. I added a week to my search and there they were just what I needed. After I secured my reservation I called the reservation number and cancelled the days I didn't need. No fuss, no muss. :banana:

One more thinggreeting.gif

What a neat group of people ;)

Welcome! :partyline:

Nothing to add, just listen to the others.

Is neat the same as "cute"? :huh: come on people are we not being snarky enough? Neat? Wow! :laugh:

HI all!! New to this (very cool) forum! Found it kind of accidently and am thrilled. What a neat group of people ;) Ok, here is my deal. This is our FIRST trip to the Fort. So excited, 3 young sons who can't wait to visit the park at Christmas time. We booked a pop up site. Well, me and the hubby decided we wanted to stretch all five sets of our legs better and have moved up to a hybrid style travel trailer (we had 2 pop ups before this, our last one was 25 feet opened up and the travel trailer will be only 27ft). I figure I should call and find out if they will allow my somewhat (by 2 feet) longer trailer in a pop up site and the agent tells me "oh no, this is not allowed". So I ask if there are ANY other sites at this time. Well, the answer was no. Totally bummed. Have been saving for this for a while now and she said all we can do is call back and check the website for cancellations. After reading some of your posts, I noticed one that suggested that although they 'say' we cannot park our trailer in a pop up site, that people have seen this done at the park before. Does anyone have any suggestions for us? The people at the reservation desk just told us that they could put a note on our site saying our rig was going to be bigger (?). Yet the agent said this was not allowed. Are they very strict about what trailers they allow in partial sites? Should we be scrambling to get someone's cancellation or will they work with us when we get there? I so appreciate your input....and I love sarcasm so bring it on :) Thanks all!!

What are the dates you are planning to visit The Fort? We have dates in December and might need to do some tweeking.

Thanks everyone for all the 'Welcome's"! We love it! We are planning to be at the fort from Dec 22-29.....I will be using some of your tricks and tips to help me for my issue now and I might be handing my reservation making over to Rhonda as suggested. Seems much easier, takes my (everlasting) worrying out of the situation ;) Ya'll are neat AND cute! haha! I will be looking for Fiends signs while there :) Can't wait for our very first trip to the Fort! Happy camping!!!

What are the dates you are planning to visit The Fort? We have dates in December and might need to do some tweeking.

Ya, welcome.

Texasrose, love the name.

For obvious reasons, I never have and probably never will use Rhonda, but from what I've heard, she does an excellent job.

She makes the res, gets you the best price, and sometimes a discount.

That being the case, why does anyone bother going through Disney reservations and put up with the hassle, why not contact Rhonda instead. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

And no, she's not a relative.

are we not being snarky enough?

I can certainly take care of that.

Thanks all ;) A Fort Fiends store??? You MUST be joking?!! Now i have to sneak back my credit cards from the hubby!! haha! He will LOVE that there is another store for me to shop in! :) We are doing our best with the reservation issue. I have checked back numerous times online ( I do obsess much) but to no avail. I will respectfully accept that I may just have to show up with my partial site reservation and hope they let me grab up a last minute cancellation or just let me squeeze into the site regardless. Heck, I would park it on a sidewalk somewhere just to be able to get into the Fort for the first time (and Disney for that matter)! I don't give up easily....thanks for all the tips and support :) Ya'll are awesome...but you knew that already :)

Ya, welcome.

Texasrose, love the name.

For obvious reasons, I never have and probably never will use Rhonda, but from what I've heard, she does an excellent job.

She makes the res, gets you the best price, and sometimes a discount.

That being the case, why does anyone bother going through Disney reservations and put up with the hassle, why not contact Rhonda instead. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

And no, she's not a relative.

I can certainly take care of that.