Ed, REALLY?

Let's clog our courts up over a flippen soda?

Yes Disney should honor it. I cant believe they won't. Reading the OP's post and others I think the "managers" are overstepping.

I can't believe common sense won't win on this one.

Then again, this could be Disney's version of an attorney stimulus package.

PLEASE!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also find it unusual that somebody would spend all this time during their vacation for a free drink. Troll?

I'm with you on this one.

If someone with a "Forever Mug" tried to use it and was denied, I'd get it in writing that Disney no longer whould honor them. Then I'd file a Civil suit against Disney for Breech of Contract. It wo

When I got my mugs in 1986 it was sold as a Forever drink mug there was a sign that said so. On my mug were it now says good for length of stay Mine says enjoy a life time of refreshments Forever

I bought mine in 1986 as a lifetime mug... although my guilty conscience makes me buy new mugs every year. I can hardly read the writing on my original mug. Some people are saying they bought their lifetime mugs in the '90's. I think lifetime's were only sold from 1984 through 1988. I don't have anything other than my faulty memory to back me up on that, however.

I bought mine in 1986 as a lifetime mug... although my guilty conscience makes me buy new mugs every year. I can hardly read the writing on my original mug. Some people are saying they bought their lifetime mugs in the '90's. I think lifetime's were only sold from 1984 through 1988. I don't have anything other than my faulty memory to back me up on that, however.

I've only hand wash and use mine just when we are at the Fort and all 4 look brand new

I'm with Doodle and momofmany on this one. It's "pop".

Must be a Great Lakes/midwest thing...as I'm from Western NY and they are from Michigan.

Oh, that's not what we're debating here??

Since the OP has disappeared. We are debating whether it's soda or pop. Of cource the correct answer is soda. A pop in on a stick.

I think Disney should honor the "real" forever mugs. NOT last years generic mug.

And I think they should stop the Big gulp mugs, ketchup grazers and other I'm special I shouldn't have to pay people. I shouldn't have to supplement these greed/cheap/thief "guests".

IMHO

I agree and it's a matter of principle, not soda.

What exactly is a "ketchup grazer?" :rofl2: I seriously cannot imagine anyone who can afford to be at Disney being desperate enough to bring a big gulp cup or try to use last year's generic mug ... but then again, people never cease to amaze me with their greediness.

Forever mugs were sold in some resorts through early 2002. I don't even drink soda anymore and have never used my forever mugs other than the original visits. They do all look brand new as they are packed away in a bin and never used at home. I would likely never have re-used any of them, but still pisses me off that it's not an option.

Deb I know I didn't buy mine that long ago, we brought them when we started camping again. I think it was about 9 years ago. When we brought them we were told that they were forever mugs. There was no sign about using them the length of your stay and the CM (not that their info is right) said that we could use them whenever we came back. I wasn't going to buy them because at the time we weren't going that often. I questioned her about 3 times because I didn't believe it. Got the same assuance that could use everytime.

What exactly is a "ketchup grazer?" :rofl2:

My definition;

A preson that uses Disney's cutlery, condiments, papers/plates/cups without buying anything from the location, in extreme excess or not for the intended purpose.

I.e. the person that reuses a one use cofee cup all week buy rinsing it out and reusing it every morning.

I.e.someone that brings an off property purchase and uses the toppings bar without paying for food.

I.e. someone that brings in off property purchase (pizza/chicken) and uses the papers/plates/cups in a busy food court without making a purchase.

I'm all for saving money, BUT my common sense is if I didn't buy food or only a drink, I shouldn't be using the topping bar. Unless I decided I wanted lettuce and tomato in that soda/pop/COKE.

And the people that do the above push costs up where my next purchase is more expensive. I think an example is the commissary at Disney Studios. It use to be much better, but I saw people going in and making full blown salads off the bar...And some without buying anything.

Disney is a business about making a profit. And I shouldn't have to be suppliment other's ketchup grazing with higher prices.

I once saw someone walk into Roaring Fork and fill up a bread bag at the soda dispenser and walk out with a full bread bag of Coke! My hope was that the thing broke in their room. I have no idea how they intended to pour it out of that bag.

More recently, I saw a lady at Trails End get a coffee in, I presume, a free for life mug from WL, open her very large purse up and dump the entire tray full of sugar and artificial sweetener into it right in front of a dumbfounded CM.

It's all about entitlement.

Ed, REALLY?

Let's clog our courts up over a flippen soda?

Yes Disney should honor it. I cant believe they won't. Reading the OP's post and others I think the "managers" are overstepping.

I can't believe common sense won't win on this one.

Then again, this could be Disney's version of an attorney stimulus package.

PLEASE!

Small Claims Court uses the County Judge - still court, but not the one that handles any felony cases (and a lot of the misdemeanors) - and the County Judges aren't kept very busy for the most part. These cases are usually settled out of court - which is what Disney would probably do. My guess - Internally, Disney would admit that they DID say "Forever"; Disney Management would put out a memo telling the Resorts to honor the mugs - either by putting a temporary rfid on them, or better yet, seeing the mug and giving you a free length of stay mug; then they would slip you a small amount to pay for the inconvenience you had suffered.