A Fun Filled Foray Into Fantabulous Fort Festivities

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Day 4 Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you kn

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name) We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever oth

I agree that Lisa is a special women, but I was the lucky one to have her and Bruce get on my bus. It just doesn't happen. I think the odds are about 1 in 6000. It's extremely rare to pick up a Fiend.

Day 4

Well, it seems like only months ago we were on day 3. Oh wait! It was months ago. Thank you to everyone for your patience in waiting so long to see how this trip turns out. As many of you know, I have started a business in the past year and it definitely keeps me busy. It is a labor of love though and I wouldn’t give it up for the world.

So now I am ready to continue this fabulous foray into fantabulous fort festivities. Unfortunately, since so much time has gone by since our trip, I have forgotten many of the details. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words though, and looking back through my photos has helped to refresh my memory. On our fourth day we decided to go back to Epcot.

Florida_2011_Day04_01.JPG

If any of you are not familiar with my husband Bruce and I, here we are:

Florida_2011_Day04_02.JPG

After we were done taking pictures of ourselves and spaceship earth, we hightailed it over to… Test Track of course!

Florida_2011_Day04_03.JPG

Once we were done there we continued our adrenaline buzz with a quick trip to Mars. This was our first trip to the red planet and we wimped out and did the green team ride. When we returned back to earth we decided that the next time we would try the orange team.

By this time it was getting close to noon and Bruce was hungry. His favorite food at Epcot is the teriyaki chicken, so we made our way to Japan. Well, a funny thing happened on our way to Japan… Bruce found a turkey leg. There is only one thing that Bruce likes more than Japan’s teriyaki chicken and that is a big ole turkey leg.

Florida_2011_Day04_04.JPG

Somehow the act of gnawing on a bone appears to be rather gratifying for my sweetie pie. I let him gnaw away to his heart’s content and then we eventually made our way to Japan. We hadn’t been inside the shops in Japan on either of our trips, so since it was starting to sprinkle, we decided to slip inside and poke around a bit. Wow!! It had been over 20 years since I was in there, but I didn’t remember the strange, but wonderful?? things that they had to offer. The first things that we noticed were the cats. They ranged from hello kitty to this creepy cat:

Florida_2011_Day04_05.JPG

There were cats everywhere we turned!!! We twisted and turned and made our way through the cats, but just when we thought we were safe… We were attacked by the killer zombie bunnies:

Florida_2011_Day04_06.JPG

Now I don’t know about you, but killer zombie bunnies just don’t seem very “Disney like” to me. These are also not the type of toys you would want to buy as a gift for your favorite three year old. Not if you want them to sleep at night anyhow.

I wanted to turn and run, but it was still raining outside, so we wandered around the store a bit more. We found lots of socks and shoes with toes.

Florida_2011_Day04_07.JPG

Florida_2011_Day04_08.JPG

Has anyone ever worn these? They don’t look very comfortable to me, but I could be wrong about that.

Bonsai!!!!

Florida_2011_Day04_09.JPG

I found this item interesting, but Bruce wouldn’t let me buy it. Instant Buddha… Just add water!

Florida_2011_Day04_10.JPG

And more importantly, it comes with a brush!

While we wandered around the shop it had stopped raining, so we ventured off outside again. We slowly made our way to my favorite country, Germany.

Florida_2011_Day04_11.JPG

I needed to use the facilities, so while I did that, Bruce checked out the train. He loves the train. While I was in the ladies room, he managed to take about 30 pictures of the train. He did that last year too. I should have known better than to leave him alone with the train.

Florida_2011_Day04_12.JPG

Although all of the train pictures are beautiful, I will not bore you with more than one. We saw a crowd on the other side of Germany, so we wandered over to investigate. Who should we meet, but Snow White herself? While we watched her interact with the children, I told Bruce about the story of Dave and Snow White. I noticed that every time that I would mention the name Dave, she would startle a bit. I grabbed Bruce’s hand and we moved in a bit closer. When we were close enough, I whispered the word “Dave” in her ear and the strangest thing happened. She RAN!! No, I would say that she SPRINTED for the door to the cast member area. I have never seen such a thing in my whole life. Boy Dave, there must be more to this story than you are telling us.

Florida_2011_Day04_13.JPG

After our adventure with Ms White, I was hungry for something sweet. Our next stop? You guessed it… We went to Norway for some school bread.

Florida_2011_Day04_14.JPG

After we had our school bread we were all tuckered out. This was our third day in the parks and we decided to call it a day. This is also when I ran out of pictures for the day. What happened next is kind of fuzzy, but if I remember correctly this was the night that Bruce fell in love with another man. Yes folks, bromance was in the air. Earlier we had met Stef and her husband Trevor. When they left the first thing out of Bruce’s mouth was how much he liked Trevor. I found out later from Stef that the feeling was mutual and Trevor had said something very similar about Bruce. That night we ended up at Stef and Trevor’s site and along with Doodle and Mike, we witnessed the beginning of something beautiful. Well… maybe not beautiful, but it was pretty cute. We also had a wonderful time getting to know each other and talking about… Joe. Just… Joe.

Up next Hollywood Studios, back to Epcot and bad timing for great news!

Yay!!! Lisa's report is back on track!! I am so happy!

Or am I?

We saw a crowd on the other side of Germany, so we wandered over to investigate. Who should we meet, but Snow White herself? While we watched her interact with the children, I told Bruce about the story of Dave and Snow White. I noticed that every time that I would mention the name Dave, she would startle a bit. I grabbed Bruce’s hand and we moved in a bit closer. When we were close enough, I whispered the word “Dave” in her ear and the strangest thing happened. She RAN!! No, I would say that she SPRINTED for the door to the cast member area. I have never seen such a thing in my whole life. Boy Dave, there must be more to this story than you are telling us.

Florida_2011_Day04_13.JPG

There may be more to the story...but I ain't talkin!

:jumpforjoy I'm so happy that you picked this report back up! It definitely brought back some great memories. I have had some wonderful times at the Fort, but I can honestly say, that night tops them all. It's so strange how you can connect with some people instantly. We had such a good time!!! We can't wait to do it again.

Ah, the memories are flooding back. Great update, Lisa!!!

That was a good time, wasn't it!!

Yay!!! Lisa's report is back on track!! I am so happy!

Or am I?

There may be more to the story...but I ain't talkin!

Oh come on, Dave! The new members would probably love to hear about how you stalk Ms White on every trip to WDW. ;)

:rofl2: INC and I will find a way to make you talk! Muuuaaahahahahaaha! (I will call it Mission SM 2012) ;D

:yay: Lisa! I am so glad you decided to finish this report! Who can blame Bruce for gnawing that Turkey leg!? Yum-O!

I will put you guys in charge of dragging it out of him.

I did help Bruce with the turkey leg, but I "gently removed" bits of turkey and ate them in a "ladylike" fashion. I was in public, and all a lady has is her reputation after all... :rofl2:

Neat day!!!

Thanks Carol!

:jumpforjoy I'm so happy that you picked this report back up! It definitely brought back some great memories. I have had some wonderful times at the Fort, but I can honestly say, that night tops them all. It's so strange how you can connect with some people instantly. We had such a good time!!! We can't wait to do it again.

Did you ever have any doubt that I would? Don't answer that...

We had a great time too. If we aren't living down there by next fall, we have another trip in the works.

Lisa- You have not lost your touch. Good job on the latest installment.

I love a good love story- so thanks for sharing the story of Bruce and Trevor.

I hope there will be some photos of them together- what a cute couple they must make!

TCD

Thanks TCD! Coming from the Titan of Trip Reports that means a lot!

Bruce and Trevor did make a cute couple. I think we got at least one picture of them. I'll have to check. If not then maybe Stef took one. I know that no pictures were taken that night (that I know of... phew!!)

What have I missed... or have I missed anything?

Snow White must really be scared of Dave....

I only got through day three before I had to quit, so I don't think you missed much.

She wasn't just scared; she was mortified!! :rofl2:

Bruce and Trevor did make a cute couple. I think we got at least one picture of them. I'll have to check. If not then maybe Stef took one. I know that no pictures were taken that night (that I know of... phew!!)

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name)

We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever other Disney loving couple. :hug: :hah:

I didn't get any pictures of Brevor (since it seems so serious, they deserve a "Brangelina" type name)

We will have to fix that this year. Maybe we could get them to wear matching shirts like ever other Disney loving couple. :hug: :hah:

Brevor!

I love it!

TCD

Bruvor!! Sleeveless pink t-shirts... :jumpforjoy

I just told Bruce about this and I think he blushed

As I don't read TRs, I'm glad you have time to get back to this one.

I knew you couldn't stay away!!

Lisa ~

Thanks for finishing this report! It took me 2 1/2 years to do mine, so don't feel too bad. LOL

I think I can beat that. :)

I was working tonight. I'll have another update either tomorrow night or on Friday

ETA: Bruce says the shirts need to be camo. (Maybe he thinks that then he can hide??)

Day 5

We are cruising right along now!! Day 5 was definitely the most memorable day of our trip, but not for reasons you might think. We started our day at Hollywood Studios.

Florida_2011_Day05_01.JPG

Crowds weren’t too bad but we still weren’t able to do TSM. Fastpasses were gone by the time we got there and we just didn’t feel like spending so much time in line for one ride. Our first stop was to get something for breakfast. Last year we were both introduced to funnel cakes for the first time, so we just had to have one. We wandered up to the window, placed our order and then we waited… and waited. I’m not sure, but I think that they were training a new castmember. Finally our order was ready and they gave us a couple of free bottles of water for the wait. Free at Disney! How cool is that! And that wasn’t the half of it. When we got our funnel cake, it was HUGE!!!

Florida_2011_Day05_02.JPG

We couldn’t eat the whole thing it was so large. We did what we could though and then we wandered off for the Streets of America.

Florida_2011_Day05_03.JPG

Look! A clothesline!!

Florida_2011_Day05_04.JPG

I copped a squat on the steps for a bit and I enjoyed my free water.

Florida_2011_Day05_05.JPG

The weather was HOT, HOT, HOT! But somehow some snow managed to survive.

Florida_2011_Day05_06.JPG

Next up was star tours.

Florida_2011_Day05_07.JPG

It had been closed for refurb last year, so this was our first trip. We enjoyed it and then poked around the store for a bit. Wanted the backpack I did! Bruce said no, he did. Such a spoilsport he is!

Florida_2011_Day05_08.JPG

Neither of us are huge Hollywood Studios fans, so we had a pretty short list of things we wanted to do for the day. The next and last thing we did was wander over to The Magic of Animation. Along the way we stopped to see the mops

Florida_2011_Day05_09.JPG

There was a gecko hanging out on one

Florida_2011_Day05_10.JPG

And finally we arrived at our destination.

Florida_2011_Day05_11.JPG

We walked in and started looking around. We took our time browsing at all of the exhibits and we were about half way through they announced that the film would be beginning soon. What?? Film?? We thought the exhibits were all there was to see. We didn’t get to see half of it because we were taking our time and soaking it in. I guess we’ll have to do it again next year.

When we were done with the film, we had enough of Hollywood Studios. We decided to take the boat to the Boardwalk (yawn!!) .

Florida_2011_Day05_12.JPG

I have no pictures of the Boardwalk because when we got there, all we ended up doing is finding the restroom and continuing on to Epcot. Fail!!

The first thing that we did in Epcot was to get an order of Fish and Chips. As we sat there with the ducks and enjoyed our meal my phone went crazy. Those who know me, know that I am very attached to my phone. When I was at Disney, I used it to keep in touch with what is going on with my business. Earlier in the day, I had started getting emails from Google. They send these emails every time that someone who purchases my app from the market doesn’t pass their credit check and then they cancel the order. Over the course of the day I had gotten about three of these. While we were eating, I got three more. My first thought was, “Damn! There go our sales for the day!” Bruce wanted to sit and relax for a while, so I had some time to kill. I fired up the developer portal on my phone. What I saw left me speechless (hard to believe, I know). In one day we had doubled the sales that we had made since we released the app in June. I started digging… What was going on?? Then I found it. I started up the market app and there we were, larger than life, right on page one!

featured3.jpg

Our app was featured as an Android staff pick! It was awesome, but not, wonderful, but awful! Then the questions started running through my head. What am I going to do? I’m on vacation. How did this happen? Why didn’t they give us some notice? It was the best news I could get… at the worst possible time. Bruce’s niece had been working with me, and she was doing a great job of holding down the fort so far, but I was the technical one. I would need to be the one that would answer the questions from the users. It was inevitable that they would come, and come they did. From that moment on my time was not my own. I spent my mornings on my computer and all of our time in line answering emails on my phone. Still we managed to have a super trip!

We decided to head back to camp to regroup. Bruce hit the dog park with Tessy and I hit the computer.

Florida_2011_Day05_14.JPG

We finished off the night with another great night at Stef and Trevor’s site. Most everyone who was there for the weekend ended up stopping by for at least a bit. We even got to meet the mayor. There was punch, lots of chit chat and a good time was had by all. We partied late into the night, until Bruce farted and cleared the room. Amazingly, I woke up the next day without a hangover.

Up next fun with Fiends!