I am now looking for a new smart phone. I still now use a Motorola razor v2. I’m now looking into getting one of the new Motorola razor droid. Most of my friends have Iphones but complain about them all the time but keep they buying them 1 friend has a new Samsung Galaxy which he loves. So I would love everyone’s input on the phones they have.

Todd, I have currently have a HTC Droid and it's ok, I've also had several different models of Blackberry and my daughter has the Samsung Galaxy. My favorite is still the iphone. I miss mine dearly and plan to switch back in 2 months when i have another upgrade due. HOWEVER, my DH is hooked on droids.. we are a house divided.. :rofl2: If you are going to use your phone for music (which I do ALOT at work) and web surfing I recommend the iphone. If those things dont matter, the droid is great.

I love my Motorola Droid X; OldeKoot loves her Samsung Galaxy. The best thing to do is go to your cell phone store and "play" with the different ones and find the one that suits YOUR style. I thought I would want one with a real keyboard, but my big fingers handle the on screen version better than the chicklet sized keys on the real ones. Size matters (to some people) - if it doesn't 'fit' your hand, you will end up not liking it as much. Look into battery life, too. Some look impressive, but if it's going to die before the end of your day, it's not as impressive.

I now have the Droid X but my DH and DD both have iPhones. I love there phones, so much easier you use. I went thru 3 Droids and my friend gave me her X, much better but I am not liking their most recent software upgrade. Will upgrade to iPhone4 or newer (lol) next.

Todd, do you need a smart phone or just want one?

See, Bob and I are losers, I'm sure I can speak for him, we have no lives, we don't have a need for a smart phone.

Why spend the money?

I defiantly need a smart phone how can keep up with the Jones and play anger birds with my flip dial phone

I defiantly need a smart phone how can keep up with the Jones and play anger birds with my flip dial phone

Now you're focusing on important uses for a smart phone! I love Angry Birds! I also am able to use my phone to access FF.net when I am not at home!

As somebody that has to mess with a bunch of smart phones you really want too go the Android iPhone route. Blackberries make me want to curl up in a ball and cry. With my customers we have 300 or so Google Apps users and another 100 using Microsoft Exchange for email/contacts/calendar sync. I do rank the iPhone higher than the droid but only slightly.

The droids offer fantastic features in the camera side of things where the iPhone is a better experience for the new smartphone user. Downfall is that there are so many different android phones.

But once you go down this patch of smartphone usage you will ask yourself why the hell did it take so long!

Ok, now that you know a flip phone is all I NEED (thank you brother Lou, you know me all too well) I have no NEED for my house phone yet I have one.

The problem is no cell phone (no carrier) works well in or around my house. If you go out front about 50 toward the road it is great, in the house it is very hit and miss mostly miss. In the back yard, nothing ever.

Now ATT makes something called a micro cell that is suppose to fix that. The micro cell connects to your modem and has a GPS (for E911).

I have read a bunch of reviews and it doesn't seem like this is a reliable piece of equipment. Reviewers say it has a delay, looses signal or just drops calls, some report that it takes 3 or 4 times just to get a call out and then drops it.

Now I have been around the block enough to know that you can't please some people EVER.

Does anyone know anything about these?

I could save a bunch by getting rid of the house phone (along with some people that don't have my cell #)

I could save a bunch by getting rid of the house phone (along with some people that don't have my cell #)

If it weren't for the security system needing a land line, my house phone would be gone too. But I heard that I can get a cell line for that now. Have to look into it.

Oh, what the heck is Angry Birds? I don't do video games. They didn't exist when I was a kid.

If it weren't for the security system needing a land line, my house phone would be gone too. But I heard that I can get a cell line for that now. Have to look into it.

Oh, what the heck is Angry Birds? I don't do video games. They didn't exist when I was a kid.

Did we have any video when you were a kid? :rofl2: