A Trip Report Sure to Win Applesauce. . .TCD's NYE 2011 TR!

TCD,

I am sitting in the chemo chair reading the end of your report. How about that........your down in Florida typing up/posting your report and here I am in NH, getting chemo reading your report! Pretty cool!!!

Loved all the pictures!!

Loved the whole report!!!

Sad to see it end..........but looking forward to the next one!!!

Heidi

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to visit the Four Seasons, am I right??

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

Great job! The only thing I absolutely hate about your reports are.......................

that they have to end.

I hope you can find the time to get over while I'm there, even if it's just for a day to enjoy some beer & grub.

When I'm Forting, you can always put your pup behind my camper, use one of my extra beds, heck, I'd give you my bed! (of course, probably not a good idea if I'm already in it! :)) )

I'm sorry you missed Ken & Judy, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them either. I understand not wanting to rap on someones door, especially if they have children. BUT, If you and I are ever there at the same time, all you gotta do is yell from the road and I'll coming running out. I would even make sure I was completely dressed.

I'll work on some of the same shots for comparison when I get there as we've had a couple of cold nights. Probably a big difference in just one month.

Thanks for another great report! Always looking forward to the next one!

:animated-smileys-character-024: Peace out! (You HAD to know I'd slip that smiley in somewhere!!)

IMG_2951.jpg

Since this is apparently OK, if anyone is at the Fort in the future and has some spare space like this, let me know, and I will be happy to come by for a visit.

We only have an itty bitty truck camper. We had TONS of room on our site last year. You can stay with us anytime!

And, that, my fellow Fiends, is that.

The end of another TCD trip report.

Thanks for reading along.

Until the next one.

TCD is out!

Another trip report of epic proportions! Thanks for sharing Andrew! I'm looking forward to the next one.

Awwww! It's over! :'(

I'm sure gonna miss my daily dose of The Fort!

When are you back?

We'll be there Feb 1 - 15, probably in the 700 loop.

At this point, there have been discussions about a couple of day trips.

But I am sorry to say that for the first time in a long time, I do not currently have a Fort reservation made.

I am taking the TCD twins on college visits over this month and next-so that has eaten into our weekends.

Please be sure to post your site number somewhere so arrangements can be made to give you a proper spiking.

I think I have also missed meeting Ken & Judy last year at the Fort. My only excuse was I was knew to the other place and didn't know who he was. (also missed MO.. she was I think, in the same loop with us). We rode the same bus with Ken and two of their kids (girls). There was not enough room for Judy to get on it... she had to wait for the next one. It would have been just before Judy hurt herself. If it was Ken... he has actually seen both my kids....

It is very sad to the end of another TCD TR. However... we will be awaiting the next trip......

There will be a trip in some form or fashion some time soon.

I hope.

Fantastic!!!! Loved every word and every picture!!

Thanks.

I appreciate the feedback.

It's over. :( I'll be okay, I think. Love the pictures. Two RV's on the same sight, wow. I am pretty sure I would never get away with that. Rule followers never do. Or maybe I'm just not gutsy enough to try it.

So when is your next trip? I'll be watching for a report!!

Yes, you probably will get harassed by a ranger over something trivial, and these two camper on a site people will not even raise an eyebrow.

See above regarding my next trip.

Excellent!!! :yourock:

When will the next trip report be?

Thanks.

And, as I said, I'm not exactly sure when my next trip will be.

TCD,

I am sitting in the chemo chair reading the end of your report. How about that........your down in Florida typing up/posting your report and here I am in NH, getting chemo reading your report! Pretty cool!!!

Loved all the pictures!!

Loved the whole report!!!

Sad to see it end..........but looking forward to the next one!!!

Heidi

Heidi-

It is kind of amazing to think about.

I hope that your chemo works and that you beat that cancer!

I will do my best to not make you wait too long for the next one.

Great trip report as always TCD!

It took me a while to get caught up but it looks like ya'll had a great time!

WBI

Hey there, stranger.

Thanks for stopping by.

I know you've been busy.

Now go update your report!

And if anyone is reading along and looking for a good report to read, look for WBI's report.

He writes a good one.

Great job! The only thing I absolutely hate about your reports are.......................

that they have to end.

I hope you can find the time to get over while I'm there, even if it's just for a day to enjoy some beer & grub.

When I'm Forting, you can always put your pup behind my camper, use one of my extra beds, heck, I'd give you my bed! (of course, probably not a good idea if I'm already in it! :)) )

I'm sorry you missed Ken & Judy, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them either. I understand not wanting to rap on someones door, especially if they have children. BUT, If you and I are ever there at the same time, all you gotta do is yell from the road and I'll coming running out. I would even make sure I was completely dressed.

I'll work on some of the same shots for comparison when I get there as we've had a couple of cold nights. Probably a big difference in just one month.

Thanks for another great report! Always looking forward to the next one!

:animated-smileys-character-024: Peace out! (You HAD to know I'd slip that smiley in somewhere!!)

Thanks for the invite.

I will see what I can do.

It would be worth me showing up with my camper just to see the look on your face.

TCD,

Thanks for sharing. :heart: I'm glad you and others take the time and energy to write up ya'lls travels. :wave1:

You are welcome.

And thank you for reading, and commenting.

I always appreciate the feedback.

And, I'm sure the others who write trip reports do as well.

We only have an itty bitty truck camper. We had TONS of room on our site last year. You can stay with us anytime!

Another trip report of epic proportions! Thanks for sharing Andrew! I'm looking forward to the next one.

OK- now I have two invites.

I'm never going to have to rent a site again!

TCD

p.s. before anyone starts getting to sad about having to wait for a new TCD trip report, I will let you in on a little secret.

The TCD gang made a one-night trip to WDW back in November.

We stayed in one of the All Stars.

But, the trip included a Fort visit.

Heck, I even ran into the Mayor on that trip too.

I've got enough photos to make that into a little report.

I will get working on that!

If you showed up, you should worry less about my face and more about :wetpants:

You, the girls, Rocky, and even The Mrs. will always be welcome. (that's if you could drag The Mrs. camping, I know she likes her home alone time)

Taking the girls on college visits?? :( I can imagine how that makes you feel.

One report ends but you tease us with another one, all be it a short one I will take any kind, thanks and as always great pictures and also great quanitty of pictures which is what really counts!!!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCD ~ I always feel like I am along for the ride with you. Your trip reports are just awesome.

Can you report as you take the TCD Twins college shopping? That will likely hold us over (and keep us motivated, I am a week out since MY last update on my TR).

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Looking forward to the next trip!

~holly

Taking the girls on college visits?? :( I can imagine how that makes you feel.

Surprisingly, I am looking forward to the college visits. I did those with my oldest, and it was fun. No big deal, I know that they are coming back home with me.

It will be the trips to take them to college and leaving them there that will be hard. But, we've done it once, and we survived.

One report ends but you tease us with another one, all be it a short one I will take any kind, thanks and as always great pictures and also great quanitty of pictures which is what really counts!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I really do appreciate hearing that people enjoy the reports.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TCD ~ I always feel like I am along for the ride with you. Your trip reports are just awesome.

Can you report as you take the TCD Twins college shopping? That will likely hold us over (and keep us motivated, I am a week out since MY last update on my TR).

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. Looking forward to the next trip!

~holly

Thanks.

And, you know, writing a report about our college tours is not a bad idea.

As a matter of fact, the TCD twins are already scheming to include a stop at WDW during our UCF visit.

TCD

Me too. :) GC path + Summer at FW = Pure Joy for KFK and family.

I loved the TCD TR. Any TR that wins applesauce is worth reading. :yay:

Looking forward to the next one....

Thanks, Kim.

I am looking forward to the next one too!

Enjoyed your report as always.

Thanks, Michael.

I am glad that you liked it.

Another enjoyable report, TCD!!!

And I'm glad I could contribute to the education of your readers. Everyone now knows about spankulas. And I gotta admit, nothing puts a smile on my face quite like sending a TCD trip report sideways, even if only briefly. :rofl3:

Thanks, Dave.

I am glad that you get so much enjoyment out of sending a trip report off track.

You are good at it, too.

But no worries, those side-tracks are often the best part!

And it always puts a smile on my face when I see one coming.

TCD

Well, I finally got around t finishing this report and it was a good one, literally. I am eating Pirate Jeff's Mac and Cheese as I write this, Jeff's not TCD's version. I took the recipe and gave it to my wife and she made it yesterday. It needs bacon. Thanks TCD

Best Regards,

Norm

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever!

I just finished. The flock of Geese i followed home from Delaware were really slow!

Anyway.

I am a rule breaker. End of discussion. I normally accidentally always go on the roads with my car that say private. I really don't pay attention well.

Anyway I know something that wasn't answered. I know where the 4th Fire station is.

I was thinking about a long drawn out tease but i am not great at that either so here ya go. I saw this in December on an accidental Wrong Turn. (That is a creepy Movie BTW)

cT6uU.jpg

B1EII.jpg

Whatever!

I just finished. The flock of Geese i followed home from Delaware were really slow!

Anyway.

I am a rule breaker. End of discussion. I normally accidentally always go on the roads with my car that say private. I really don't pay attention well.

Anyway I know something that wasn't answered. I know where the 4th Fire station is.

I was thinking about a long drawn out tease but i am not great at that either so here ya go. I saw this in December on an accidental Wrong Turn. (That is a creepy Movie BTW)

cT6uU.jpg

B1EII.jpg

Hey Lug-

Better late than never, right?

Thanks for the info about the fire station. I thought it was in the area I have circled in yellow in this photo:

B1EII.jpg

I accidentally drove back that way once, too. But I didn't notice a fire station. Now I know why- it was on a different road.

TCD