First trip to the fort since losing my wife, any tips?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we have anything to say about it, it will be. The FHF gears are turning.

Today is a very special day for FF.Net and Fiends Helping Fiends. It's an example of what makes FF.Net very special. I'll be stopping by Warren's, BayLakeCampers, site later this afternoon to present

If it were me, this is what I'd want. I'm sure parts of it will be hard, but hopefully the happy memories will bring you some peace.

Sorry to hear of your wife's passing.

I'm truely sorry to hear of a fellow Tiger's passing.

If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Tony and I have no kids, but I was blessed to have enjoyed the Fort since a baby in 73. The Fort is a special place. Everyone will enjoy something special and different, but in the same breath the same thing. I suggest you ensure your kids have some time for themselves to get thier thoughts strait, but also be sure to have something in common.

Enjoy while you can. The first year I didn't go to the fort was my sophomore year at Clemson, but the memories last a life time.

Warren, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she was an awesome woman. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you and the kids. I really have no advice either, but I'm sure the trip is going to evoke some powerful memories. I agree with Caveat Lector about the importance of communication.

I didnt respond the first time I read your thread quite simply, I was overwhelmed with sadness and just didnt know what to say. You are obviuosly a strong man and have found some peace in the mist of all this. This is the right place for you to share such a beautiful tribute, fiends are a special group, not just another internet group. I hope and pray that this trip to the Fort offers you what we all know it can, special memories, peace of mind and a little pixie dust. If all goes well we will be checking in on the 30th of June, so even if it's just for a moment, I hope to meet you and those wonderful kids!

I just want to thank everyone once again, it is like a second family here and I certainly do appreciate it.

One thing I did do was buy the RV we had dreamed of for a long time, the kids agreed that she would have loved it and we are go to go many places and see lots.

Its not new, but new to us, lol.

Warren

F3U2R.jpg0jn6R.jpgX7nUv.jpg4gY1W.jpg

Holy cow, does this hit home. Y'all are both my age. I am only three months younger than you and your beautiful wife. I am so sorry for your loss. We decided to have our child later in life, so while you are getting to spend the later years with your beautiful children, we are only in second grade with our little one. I know you are so grateful your children had so much time with their mom. I think the place I would want my family to go often would be camping and to the Fort. If your family and wife loved it as much as we do, my heart tells me that she will be there with her loving spirit. Our prayers go out to your family. Please stay close to your family. They need you as much as you need them.

Oh no.....we are so sorry for your loss. As you have probably read, we lost two children this past year (June 24 and December 12) and both times we debated on whether to continue with our plans to make the trip to WDW. Both times we agreed we HAD to go and needed to go. Both our children and the other 2 we lost in 2006 and 2008, are always with us. Winnie the Pooh one said "If we should ever have to be apart, just keep me in your heart and I will always be with you". Your precious wife will always be with ALL of you. She would not want you all sitting around grieving over her passing but rather she would want you celebrating her life. My little suggestion would be: Name the motor home for her....her favorite nickname, the name she wanted to call it......

And put her picture on the wall in the RV.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Hope to meet you sometime at the Fort. We will be there in June and back in December. God Bless You.

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard enough when a loved one is ill and you can (sort of) prepare yourself for their passing. When a person is taken from you in such a tragic way especially when they are trying to be a good samaritan... oh, I'm so sorry.

WDW is a great place for single adults. It will be fun for you to enjoy the parks together; but, then the kids are old enough for you each to have some "me time".

I wish you all well.

I am so sorry for your loss. I think you should never doubt your choice to carry on - as a wife and a mother - I can tell you if I was gone tommorrow I would expect my husband to carry on. Continue those family traditions and bring joy to our childrens lives every day. I will be praying for you and your beautiful family.

I am so sorry for your loss. I too remember you from the other place & always thought your name was so nice. There are no words to ease your pain. I wish there was. My heart goes out to your kids. Thank God that you have them. Mine are 18,16 & 13. I know they would still want to go to the fort. What an awesome selfless Dad. We may be there at the same time. I hope we get to meet you & your kids. Take care