Stef's Freaky February Fort Trip

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you think that tarp was big

When you're under 5 feet tall, there are many things in life that appear larger than they really are. ;)

You are correct. His name was Randy, TCD dubbed him Tarpman. Rest in Peace.

I vaguely remember hearing about Tarpman, but don't think I'd ever seen him.

Well I had lots of comments earlier, got distracted and lost them all. Anyhooo... great update stef! :)

Squirrel? :10220:

1. Trevor must be from the South, because all southern boys I know water the "tree" after a few too many drink.

2. Love the pics with Mickey and Minnie... silly princess! Who needs 'em!

3. Don't blame carol for not putting up the tent... either.

4. gotta go I just might make it into chat

1. Born in NY, but been in Florida for 35 years, so I guess he qualifies as Southern.

2. Thanks. I agree, silly princesses!

3. Sorry to Carol! I'm sure Lorna's couch was more comfortable

4. Hope you made it

Very cute shot.

Thanks Lou. 1237379fdqxrvb3f5.gif

First of all, Trevor would fit in around here just fine! Most of the guys here "water the trees" as a preference over using the inside facilities. Christopher, my son, began potty training on his own by peeing off the back porch at his Grandma's house!

Second, I love this pic! Is this not the perfect example of peace and contentment?

Feb2012Fort301.jpg

Yes it is!!! :hugs2:

:bighug:

First of all, Trevor would fit in around here just fine! Most of the guys here "water the trees" as a preference over using the inside facilities. Christopher, my son, began potty training on his own by peeing off the back porch at his Grandma's house!

:dogsnicker: If only it was that easy for us!!

Ok fiends, we're on the downhill run.

Saturday morning we got up and tried to figure out a plan for the day. Believe it or not, Trevor did not have a hangover from the previous night, but he was content to stay at camp with Mason while the kids and I went off. I let the kids decide what they wanted to do, and they picked....Magic Kingdom!

While we were getting ready, Mason did his morning ritual of stealing dirty clothes. He's not picky in what he grabs, just whatever is within reach. Today was a pile of socks.

He then stays on the far side of the screen room. "Finders Keepers!"

Feb2012Fort302.jpg

Then Mason got in his favorite spot.

Feb2012Fort303.jpg

Long ago he realized that if he laid in the doorway he could enjoy the A/C or heat, but also be able to watch what is going on outside. Spoiled, I tell ya!

We arrived at the marina and the sun was shining. It was going to be a beautiful day, at my favorite place, with my kids. :heart:

Feb2012Fort304.jpg

I would like to take a minute and talk about silly people for a second. While we were on the dock there was a couple with 2 children behind us. As the MK boat was pulling up, I heard the Dad say "I'm not sure if these boats are still on rails" HUH??? As we get on the boat, this father & son sit in front of us. The son was about 8 years old, and I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but typical kid rambling. Dad turns to him and says "What's your point? If you have a point to your conversations, it makes it more interesting to the listener" A few moments later and more kid ramblings, Dad says "Focus, son!" It was killing me not to swat him in the back of the head and tell him to give the kid a break! Finally Mom interjects and says to Dad "He's just excited!" I felt so bad for this boy, if he can't be excited and ramble while at WDW, I can't imagine he's able to do it at home either.

Finally, when Dad points to the Wilderness Lodge and tells the boy "That's the Animal Kingdom Lodge" I couldn't help but correct him...

know it all, stick up his ass guy!!

The first thing we had to do was to go to the will call window and pick up the kids renewed passes. Check out the lady I was behind in line.

Feb2012Fort305.jpg

Someone shorter than me!!! :jumpforjoy

The Move It, Shake It parade wasn't happening, but there was a show going on.

Feb2012Fort306.jpg

As we crossed the bridge into Adventure Land, I hear a lady telling her child that they're going to Fantasy Island! HUH??? De plane, De plane..... :))

The first thing we did was the Jungle Cruise, with only a 15 minute wait. I will spare you the 40 year old corny jokes and just give you pictures.

Feb2012Fort310.jpg

Feb2012Fort311.jpg

Feb2012Fort312.jpg

Feb2012Fort313.jpg

Feb2012Fort314.jpg

Feb2012Fort315.jpg

Feb2012Fort316.jpg

Feb2012Fort317.jpg

Feb2012Fort318.jpg

Feb2012Fort319.jpg

Feb2012Fort320.jpg

Feb2012Fort321.jpg

Feb2012Fort322.jpg

And just to prove to you just how much this ride hasn't change, here's a picture my mother took in 1972!

WDW1972011.jpg

Feb2012Fort323.jpg

From the Jungle Cruise, we hit Pirates of The Caribbean. I only took a couple of pictures in the line. We were seated in the front seat and I put my camera in my pocket in case we got splashed on the one and only drop. We got soaked!! I got more wet on this ride than I ever have on Splash Mountain.

Feb2012Fort324.jpg

Feb2012Fort325.jpg

After sitting in the sun for a few minutes to let my shorts dry and checking my voice mail, Nathen wanted a turkey leg. While he waited in line, surprise, I took some pictures.

Feb2012Fort327.jpg

Feb2012Fort328.jpg

Feb2012Fort332.jpg

Feb2012Fort333.jpg

Score!

Feb2012Fort329.jpg

Doesn't he look proud?

Feb2012Fort330.jpg

We spotted the Mickey head pretzels.

Feb2012Fort331.jpg

So Amanda had to have one.

Feb2012Fort334.jpg

We are at our 30 photo limit so I will continue in the next post...................

Neither turkey legs nor pretzels would tempt me!

Feb2012Fort335.jpg

I was going to have my very own waffle, and I didn't plan on sharing!!! Though after 3/4 of it, I was stuffed and gave the last 1/4 to Nate, who agreed that it was amazing.

We did not go into the Tiki Bird show but I did get a neat picture of it from the Jungle Cruise waiting area.

Feb2012Fort309.jpg

And some shots of the castle, as it should be seen, with the sun shining!

Feb2012Fort307.jpg

Feb2012Fort308.jpg

Feb2012Fort336.jpg

Feb2012Fort337.jpg

The crowds were much bigger today than our previous days in the parks, and we saw many of the dance girls that Lou had warned us about.

If I may act like an old fart again....

Young girls: If you are constantly having to pull your shorts out of your bizness, your shorts are too short and too tight!!!

I saw way more "chafing" than I ever want to see for the rest of my life.

Our main goal for this visit (besides me hogging a whole waffle) was to renew the kids passes as sometimes they come down for a day by themselves. We knew we weren't going to stay too long, as I had a fiend job to do.

On our way out.

Feb2012Fort338.jpg

A boat was just unloading.

Feb2012Fort340.jpg

And away we go.

Feb2012Fort342.jpg

Feb2012Fort343.jpg

Feb2012Fort345.jpg

Feb2012Fort346.jpg

Feb2012Fort348.jpg

Feb2012Fort347.jpg

Back in the cart parking lot at the Fort

Feb2012Fort349.jpg

We got back to site #550 to find Trevor and Mason taking an afternoon siesta. Silly boys, there's no napping at the Fort! It's our last day here!

Coming up, some girls only exploring, and my fiend job performance.

I vaguely remember hearing about Tarpman, but don't think I'd ever seen him.

Yeah. He was a guy who had a thing for tarps. It was impressive.

May he rest in peace.

Loved all the photos you just posted.

You must have really liked the nutella waffle- two days in a row!

Speaking of how young ladies should dress, I really wish you would take Amanda aside and tell her she would look much better in a nice orange and blue shirt.

TCD

I just hope you did it in a condescending way!!

Hello? Have you met me? I have condescending down to a science, if and when I need to use it. ;)

Speaking of how young ladies should dress, I really wish you would take Amanda aside and tell her she would look much better in a nice orange and blue shirt.

TCD

I've sure tried! Red really isn't a good color for her skin tone. ::)

Why is it when a guy does something wrong you women are always wanting to cut off our nuts surgeon-emoticon-msn.gif? we don't threaten to cut of your boobs!

While I am not a doctor, I believe "those" combined with their neighbor, we'll call "Willy", is what sucks the brain cells out of the male brain from the day they are born.

One good snip = higher IQ

Just kidding with ya Bill, I love males, nuts & Willy included. :))

I was going to try to finish this report before the weekend but after seeing all the pictures I still have, that ain't gonna happen! Please bear with me.

While the guys stayed behind and talked about guy things, Amanda and I took off in the cart. When they arrived the night before, it was dark, so she wanted to check out the sights. She was also curious about the Pin Making activity that she had read about in the activity guide. We parked the cart at the campfire area parking and walked over to the bike barn.

There were a ton of people around the lake, enjoying the Fort as it should be enjoyed.

Feb2012Fort350.jpg

Feb2012Fort351.jpg

Feb2012Fort354.jpg

The Pin Making activity involved coloring a Disney theme picture and making it into a pin. Who has time to color when it's a perfect day and there's so much to see? We said no thanks, and then I realized the person running the activity was TCD's friend Amanda.

Feb2012Fort353.jpg

We watched the funny canoe-ers from the bridge. Funny because some of them may have been first time paddlers. ;)

Feb2012Fort355.jpg

The pool was hopping today. High temps were 84. Not too shabby for February 4th.

Feb2012Fort356.jpg

Feb2012Fort357.jpg

Before we got back in the cart, we checked out the campfire area.

Feb2012Fort352.jpg

Feb2012Fort358.jpg

Feb2012Fort359.jpg

Two of my favorite things, Mickey & a lizard.

Feb2012Fort360.jpg

The Chuck Wagon where you can buy $50 Smores kits. Kidding...I don't think they're that much...yet.

Feb2012Fort361.jpg

Goofballs!

Feb2012Fort362.jpg

Feb2012Fort363.jpg

When I realized what time it was, I had to get back. Our content queen Monique had posted that the Best Friends Treat Truck was going to be at the dog park from 1:30-3:30 that afternoon, and I had promised to check into it. We zoomed back to the park & no treat truck?!

I hadn't seen the other fiends since the night before so we ran over to Lorna's to say Hi. They had multiplied!! Added to our mix of crazies were TJ & Missy and our big boss, Jen. After a short visit, we made our way back out of the 300 loop, and the treat truck was there!!

Feb2012Fort364.jpg

OMG! We gotta go get Mason!! Luckily, we're directly across the street.

Feb2012Fort365.jpg

Feb2012Fort367.jpg

All the good looking folks come out for the Treat Truck.

Feb2012Fort368.jpg

That's Lou, Gail and Buddy. They had parked at our site, and I don't want to tattle, but he may have been on a couple blades of grass. :))

I also had the pleasure of meeting CDNCruiser, Gary. That's one of his pups on the left.

Mason scored big time. Not only did he get his ice cream and cookie, he also got Buddy's. Buddy is apparently a treat snob and wouldn't eat them.

While Mason licked away, Buddy turned his back on us all and hid under the chair.

Feb2012Fort373.jpg

Feb2012Fort375.jpg

And the adults chatted.

Feb2012Fort374.jpg

In the next post, I'll give the lowdown on the Treat Truck for anyone that may be interested.

Why is it when a guy does something wrong you women are always wanting to cut off our nuts surgeon-emoticon-msn.gif? we don't threaten to cut of your boobs!

That's because you can survive without your nuts, but you can't survive without our boobs! :rofl2:

Another great update Stef! I am really craving one of those waffles now!

While we waited in line, we were asked to fill out a "name/address thing" to be entered into a drawing for a free stay. (For the pet, not the pet owner filling out the paper) :))

We were given a goodie bag which included a hand towel, a ball, a cookie, an emergency contact info sticker, a ball and an ice cream.

Feb2012Fort376.jpg

I told you previously that Buddy didn't want his ice cream, so Mason ate one and I put the other one in the freezer for another time. I didn't realize it until that time, that it was half the size of the one Mason ate earlier. They had given Buddy a "Buddy sized" ice cream. It was comical to see Mason's big snout trying to get that ice cream out, but he did, right down to the last lick!

Here is the information pamphlet.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

I also received an email from them when I got home, with a password so I could book a stay (For Mason) online.

Mason has never stayed in a kennel, but if I needed to put him in one for any reason, I wouldn't hesitate to take him to Best Friends.

Now that my job was complete, there was more Fort loopin and fiends a-plenty................

Really enjoying the report. Trevor's drink sounds perfect. I will make sure to remember how powerful it is if I have it.

Ok I have to ask....What is your crockpot lined with? It looks like clean up would be such a breeze.

My kids love nutella. We will definetly have to try the nutella and waffles.

Stef very nice TR, all of your pictures are great! I hope you don't mind if I use one of your inside the Disney bus pics to put in my scrap book. All the times we were at Disney have been super crowded and I was not able to get a picture of the inside.

Your pictures and report have brightened a very cold and snowy day for us here in KY. Thanks

Mason scored big time. Not only did he get his ice cream and cookie, he also got Buddy's. Buddy is apparently a treat snob and wouldn't eat them.

Feb2012Fort373.jpg

To rip off a phrase from TCD, it's good to be Mason.

We were hopping that they'd have a treat that Buddy would like, but no such luck. He just doesn't like treats.