I'm not a Fort stayer or frequent park goer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once. Just the person you want feedback from, right?

As the unofficial, official Fort Fiends greeter, my observation is that there is no average.

So many factors impact the length of the stay, travel distance, kids/no kids, RV type, work status, and budget, just to name the obvious ones.

Aw Lou, it is just for fun.

I promise we won't make spreadsheets and charts to display how long one should stay at Fort vs how many days they should go to the park.

Okay, let me fix that. I won't post the spreadsheets and charts. :)

I have small kids so we only usually do about 4 days of parks on a 7 night stay, and truthfully, only a few hours each day. I accepted my first trip to disney with them that I'm NOT going to get my monies worth out of the tickets, I kicked, screamed, cried, ran around in circles and now I'm at peace with it :) Tis' a sacrafice you make to keep the babies (who run the show) happy. I hate to see parents dragging crying kids around the parks, nothing magical about that.

This year we are only doing three day, a Halloween party and the rest of the time at the fort, I never seem to get enough Fort time in :P

My stays are from 2 - 16 nights. My park time is from 0 - 12 days, but like Monique, a park visit could consist of just going to dinner, and evening fireworks. For example, on Tuesday, I went to the Japan counter service for dinner, chatted with a friend over Orange Slushies in France, then watched Illuminations and the fountain dance. Not a single attraction.

We do that kind of thing a lot too. I've been known to drag Brian to MK just for a dole whip float and fireworks. :heartsmiley:

And a couple of times we've done "the fireworks blitz" - go see Wishes at MK, then race out of the park, grab the monorail to Epcot for Illuminations, then back to the Fort.

Yep, we're crazy that way. :rofl2:

I wish we lived closer. It would take away the pressure I put on myself to get as much done as possible. But even with our first trip, I scheduled down time in. No rope drops the day after a late night, water parks 1/2 day with the rest of the day goofing off and planning lots of swim time.

With Fort having much more to do there than the resorts, there will be even more down time planned. I'm looking forward to not needing a vacation after my vacation.

Spreadsheets and charts, I know people make them, it's usually women for some reason, but I have never seen any.

I'd love to see some real spreadsheets and charts.

Google "H. Ross Perot"!!!

About 15 to 18 days. We go to the parks every other day. Some of our off days we will still go eat at the parks. Not sure what we will do when our little girl has to start school. But we still have a few years.

We've stayed from 5 - 12 days. Lately I try to get in at least 9 or 10 days to make the drive worthwhile. We've done 0 park days several times, and when we had AP's we'd hit a park every day for at least a meal or a ride or two.

Lou, you should see my meal spreadsheet. It's quite impressive! I like to plan my meals and my food budget. Would you expect anything less from me? :rofl2:

Oh yeah, I should have just said I'm curious and interested for fun. I grew up in Longwood (very close to Disney), so I've been a million times. That said, it's awesome to see it in our kids' eyes. I'm all about afternoon breaks and rest days though, especially with a little one. I could see going for a bit and doing very little in the parks or mixing it up. I also find it interesting that although I stayed at many Disney resorts as a kid, the ONLY one I remember is staying at the Fort.

days @ fort 10

half days @ park 8

No, no, no, Kramer. You can't just start posting with no intro. As Monique wrote, march yourself over to the "please introduce youself" thread and take care of business.

Then come back here and expand on that first post.

Also where in Georgia?

We make the trip down to The Fort two or three times a year.

We usually stay around 3 weeks each time.

We have annual passes and go to a park almost every day...but don't usually spend all day there. Sometimes we go in just for a few hours.