This life is just a test .... Now pass me a beer.

Leslie-

I am behind on my ff.net reading, but I made sure that I got caught up on your report.

I am sorry to hear that your last full day has already arrived.

Boy, that went quick, didn't it?

Love the bike vs. golf cart race! I don't see how Danielle could have lost. I think she eased up so y'all wouldn't feel bad.

I swear there's a couple of extra folks in that photo of y'all by that Mickey sculpture behind the Contemporary.

I hope all the loose teeth have now been lost.

TCD

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even though we went back to WDW in May 2011, I’ve really been planning this trip since our last trip to the Fort in March 2010. That report is back over on voldemort, but in a nutshell it was my dad

Here’s a video bonus – this was taken around dinnertime Sunday while Ray and I were at dinner. This is the kind of fun that I love about going to WDW. I call it the “Cousin Song”: http://youtu.be/Hl

Maybe I should read this TR.

I thought y'all would like Evan's plate at CP. I couldn't believe it when I saw it!

Thanks for the dimple compliments - I gotta say that I love that they run through us like they do. Tiger once convinced a group of 5 year olds that you could buy dimples at the Piggly Wiggly in boxes near the pop-tarts. But, he warned them, they only come one to a box, so you have to make sure to buy two. :rofl3:

TCD, I love that I've got you stumped with my family! We only have the same 17 at the Mickey statue, though I'm betting you are getting confused by Michael and Brad. Michael's family arrived one day after the rest of ours.

Installment #2 for Wednesday up next.

(Wednesday, continued):

disney-Les549.jpg

Picture238.jpg

disney-Les569.jpg

disney-Les571.jpg

Picture242.jpg

disney-Les575.jpg

While the rest of us were still taking pictures, Ray ran and got FPs to Space Mountain. Once we all finally finished, we headed out and hit the Jungle Cruise and POTC and then criss crossed over to Space. (The new FP system was in effect by this trip and while it wasn’t too bad, it did require a lot of walking to make sure we made it to each attraction while our FPs were still good.)

disney-Les580.jpg

Rhinos on the Jungle Cruise:

disney-Les583.jpg

I couldn’t believe when I saw a woman wearing these shoes:

disney-Les584.jpg

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

balloons.jpg

Photo0092FourBySix.jpg

Photo0093FourBySix.jpg

Here is the first of 3 pics I have been wanting to recreate for several trips.

Before:

DSC00226.jpg

After (I hate that it's out of focus!):

disney-Les591.jpg

It was Elise’s first ride on Space. While she rode with her eyes closed the whole time, she did great!

Next up - Will this day with far too many pictures ever end? Sadly, yes. :(

After grabbing FPs for Buzz, we ambled to the HM, which I absolutely love. We skipped the fun queue, though, as crowds were definitely building that day. After HM, we headed to Splash to use FPs that Daniel had grabbed earlier that morning. Again, the new FP system takes more planning and definitely more crossing the park, but Daniel was an excellent planner and I feel like we took great advantage of the system.

These guys didn’t look very excited:

disney-Les593.jpg

But, not being a teenager, Elise gave me a good smile:

disney-Les595.jpg

More Splash fun:

disney-Les597.jpg

disney-Les600.jpg

disney-Les602.jpg

disney-Les603.jpg

disney-Les605.jpg

Gotta love this one:

disney-Les607.jpg

Splash was another first for Elise and of course first-timer Stephen. We all wound up soaked. Elise in particular loved it. Finally, we headed back to Tomorrowland for our last ride on Buzz, and then all headed to the exit around 11:30 or so.

Photo0095FourBySix.jpg

Photo0096FourBySix.jpg

Photopass fail:

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

Sadly, we wound up with tons of pictures of this cute little girl meeting a variety of princesses on our Photopass CD. If I knew how to get them to her family, I would do it!

Photo0097FourBySix.jpg

Ray and I are terrible to eat in restaurants far too much. We do it at home, so we’re hard pressed to not eat out hardly at all when on vacation. All that is to say, we somehow managed to skate away from everyone else when leaving the Mk and went to the Wave. If you have ever read a TR of mine before, you know we love this place. Once again, it was great. I had soup and salad, while Ray had a bison burger with potato wedges and beer flight. Mmmmmmmm.

disney-Les608.jpg

I still feel bad (only a little, though) about ditching the family for that last lunch, but I have to say that it was worth it!

I say good for you in ditching the family for lunch, haha! I can relate on the teenagers not smiling in the pics, I've got two of them myself. Don't they realize I'm going to take their picture anyway? But I love the before and after pics, we have several of those and they are my favorites. Too bad this tr is coming to an end, it's way too fun!

Hope y'all are still hanging in there. Sorry I haven't finished yet - I thought I would have, but I forgot about how behind I got with work last week. But now it's the weekend again :jumpforjoy and hopefully I'll be able to wrap this one up. Next installment momentarily.

After the Wave, Ray and I headed back to the trailer to regroup with the gang, who all were just finishing their lunch. But on the way back, they had some rest time and then recreated the second of the three before and after pics:

Picture251.jpg

Picture252.jpg

Picture253.jpg

Picture254.jpg

Picture255.jpg

Picture256.jpg

Before:

DSC00194.jpg

After:

disney-346.jpg

After lunch, parts of our group headed back to the MK and other parts stayed back at FW. Elise and I went shopping at the Meadow(s) Trading Post, where I was so happy to pick up my one souvenir from this trip (being modeled by Abby in current time - sadly she wasn't invited on this trip):

photo.jpg

I absolutely love my FW blanket. Despite the picture, humans rather than dogs use it usually (but not always).

Anyway, after shopping, Jodi, Elise, Evan and I hit the pool. Ray stayed behind to take a nap, which amazingly was his first official nap of the trip. (Sadly, I have no pictures of the nap.)

disney-Les610.jpg

disney-Les611.jpg

disney-Les615.jpg

disney-Les621.jpg

disney-Les614.jpg

disney-Les619.jpg

Meanwhile, at the MK, parts of our group were turning into pirates:

Picture258.jpg

Picture260.jpg

By the time we got done swimming, we headed back to the cabin where we began sad task of cleaning and packing up. The.worst.part.of.every.trip. Ray and I took down rope lights and somehow managed to get ourselves locked out in the process. (Suffice it to say that the FW front desk didn’t care too much about getting photo ID before replacing our key.) Finally, the rest of the gang made it back from MK after having a great time maximizing FPs with extra tickets from the rest of us. I deem that totally legal, as we were all in the park earlier this morning, but we just didn’t all return.

Love this:

night.jpg

We all settled down for a late supper together. Tonight was taco/taco salad night.

disney-Les635.jpg

disney-Les634.jpg

After supper, the 4 biggest kids went back to the MK for one more trip of the day. Of course, we handed out lots of lectures before they left, especially since they were taking Evan with them, but they did great. They were at the boat dock at the MK before 9:00 heading back, so they made it back well before curfew.

While they were gone, Ray and I packed up some more, then back to Buddy and Paw Paw’s trailer for one final visit. All us grownups ate all the leftover snacks I had bought for the youngest 2 kids at Goofy’s Candy Company, but happily forgot to give them. The little kids looked like this (in chronological order):

disney-Les636.jpg

disney-Les637.jpg

disney-Les638.jpg

disney-Les639.jpg

And here’s my last before and after pictures for the trip:

Before (this was in the trailer Buddy and Paw Paw used on the first trip in 2003):

DSC00230.jpg

After:

disney-Les644.jpg

Finally, a pic of me and my spike, which I was thrilled to get, along with a card from Lou (thanks TCD and Lou!!!):

disney-Les624.jpg

I absolutely hate going to bed on the last night, especially when we have such an early flight the next morning. But I went to sleep happy with two things: (1) those of us that were going home tomorrow had had such a great trip, and (2) the rest of the gang (including Danielle, who was riding back with some of the drivers) got to have at least one more fun day of fun.