I have been called upon the carpet by not one but two fiends. One for not posting pictures in a TR update (Pam :raspberry: and technically there was a mini fiend in there too ) and one just needing an update. So I opened my rusting iPhoto to see exactly what photos I had from Gettysburg, since this weekend we simply indulged in crass consumerism.....

Things to know about Gettysburg National Military Park - Your Annual Park Pass won't get you into the special areas. They have a 7 million dollar building and it will cost a family of four over $50 to see the circular diorama painting thingy, the movies and such... which we didn't go see because we went on a battlefield bus tour instead. My son said the inside looked like an Airport when we went to get our souvenirs.

DSC_0128.JPG

I am sorry but it has been a week since we were there. Just remember I had about 3-4 pages of notes just so I could type a post, there is no way I can now remember where these are taken... in the words of TCD "Huge Fail". Maybe Pam and Starla can help a girl out?

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

This photo reminds me of Garryowen, MT and the rolling praire grass of the Battlefield at Little Big Horn.

DSC_0082.JPG

How terrible would it have been to look down and see a what could have been your doom coming towards you?

DSC_0089.JPG

Speaking of Doom -

DSC_0090.JPG

I like this one for it's imperfection. The wires bisecting the top, the lack of focus of the trees and grass... nope, artsy fartsy didn't take that one.

DSC_0060.jpg

Maybe the Court House, Seminary, or a Church....

DSC_0058.jpg

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The four of you, who will remain nameless, Cherie, Dave, Bob, and Bill, have taken a perfectly innocent TR and brought it down to the depths of depravity and vulgarism that is beneath even the four of

I think I can help out here. I'm not real strong in my Russian, but I do believe it translates to "hey, the f*ing dog pooped in the trailer and I'm out of vodka."

Looks like a good option also! Thanks!!

Very nice!

thanks. good camera and artsy fartsy DH. = good pics

Enjoying your Gettysburg photos. It's been years since we visited there.

go back... go back. they are doing reenactment in July

Nice! Keep them coming fellow Shameless Fiend!

I am out of pictures for now.. but have no fear more will appear at some point.

Nice pictures, Nicki. I really want to get back there some day.

You have moho. Travel... Travel. Make it a stop on your way from the Fort.

• 2 weeks later...

More Pics! More Pics! More Pics! More Pics!

right now it would be pictures of boxes inside the stream....

Ok......fingers crossed for the new TT and then..........................

Ok......fingers crossed for the new TT and then..........................

ok. Deal!

• 3 weeks later...

Hell-O To the Jell-O - LeRoy, NY home of Jell-O

Just after getting the new TT, literally the same day, we headed all the way up to LeRoy, NY. South of Rochester but East of Batava. To our surprise they have the Jell-0 Museum.

Here is the only face of Jell-O I have ever known -

DSC_0012.JPG

You can vote on your favorite flavor... mine is pudding, chocolate pudding.

DSC_0013.JPG

Jello Mold anyone?

DSC_0009.jpg

How now blue cow -

IMG_0399.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Hey Doodle, you can buy this quilt kit -

IMG_0395.jpg

The museum also includes other things "invented" by the creator of Jello. Whom sold the patent for enough money to pay off his house, $450 dollars I believe. They also have a transportation museum in the basement that includes buggies, snow sleds, and an old car.

Nicki needed some adventures to write about....

I'm not buying that. I suspect you and the imaginary DH are full of adventure... LOL were you reading that and wondering what I was going to say you were full of? :clint:

Love the Jello museum - especially the blue cow. :thumbsup1:

Just east of Batavia along Route 5, in Stafford, is a restaurant called the Red Osier. Now I understand it has gone downhill recently, but 15 years ago or so they had the best prime rib dinner ever! They wheeled the prime rib over to your table on this rolling cart to carve it. The restaurant is VERY old with wide plank floors, and the sound of that cart wheeling over the floor would simply make your mouth start to drool. In addition to that huge slab of meat flopped on your plate, they had these mashed potatoes served in a big metal crock drowning in melted butter and lobster meat. Holy cow! Good stuff. And it sure beats Jello. :rofl3: From what I've heard lately though, the service has gone downhill. Which is REALLY a shame.

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

I'm not buying that. I suspect you and the imaginary DH are full of adventure... LOL were you reading that and wondering what I was going to say you were full of? :clint:

Love the Jello museum - especially the blue cow. :thumbsup1:

suspect away... you still aren't sure there is a husband. :rofl3:

not really, you love to make things up about me anyway :beathorse:

the blue cow was surely pretty

Just east of Batavia along Route 5, in Stafford, is a restaurant called the Red Osier. Now I understand it has gone downhill recently, but 15 years ago or so they had the best prime rib dinner ever! They wheeled the prime rib over to your table on this rolling cart to carve it. The restaurant is VERY old with wide plank floors, and the sound of that cart wheeling over the floor would simply make your mouth start to drool. In addition to that huge slab of meat flopped on your plate, they had these mashed potatoes served in a big metal crock drowning in melted butter and lobster meat. Holy cow! Good stuff. And it sure beats Jello. :rofl3: From what I've heard lately though, the service has gone downhill. Which is REALLY a shame.

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programming...

there is a great pizza joint just down the street from the Bernina dealership in Rochester... but I didn't get you any pictures. I was too busy eating my food! :rofl3:

Love that quilt, Nicki!! Glad you are having some adventures to share with us!!

It was pretty but I have too many projects going now....

Well, you "still" haven't given us a full set of pictures of your fancy dancy new camper all moved into!!!

how did i know you'd bring that up. I actually didn't spend more than a few hours sleeping in my fancy dancy new camper last week. My sister has a fancy dancy patio setup with a firepit, pool, tv... etc that we spent most of the week on WHEN she wasn't taking us on adventures....

now school has started but I do need to get some pics up.