The TCD gang Pops over to WDW

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vinylmation and Monorails combined, my dream has come true.

I can't read this. I'm way too busy.

I'm feeling nauseas.

Enjoying, as always! We're trying to clear a weekend on the schedule to make a similar run before school's out. Come join us by the frontyard campfire one of these weekends!

Rats! Carol beat me to it. A trivia fact I actually knew...

Pinky, blinky, inky & clyde reside in our basement. DH's hobby for the first 20+ years of our marriage was collecting arcade games. We've got everything from skeeball and shufflebowl to daytona 500, pacman, spyhunter, and more lining the walls of every room downstairs. No room for furniture anymore but lots of coin-op fun.

My first marriage we had a full size table top space invaders and a full size battlezone in the living room of our apartment. My ex's parents had a video arcade/pizza parlor in the early 80's

Here is Twin #1 hauling her gear down the inside of a giant Rubik's cube:

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

TCD

That first shot inside the rubik's cube is really cool. That could easily be a metaphor for having a really tough day. But in this case it comes with alot of fun.

I think it was Jacky Handy on SNL that said "things that make you go hmmm." (although I could be totally wrong on that reference). I wonder wonder what they do up there in the top of the train station. In particular, why do the shades cover the bottom half of the windows on the end, but the top half on some other. Probably means nothing, just something that seems odd.

My first marriage we had a full size table top space invaders and a full size battlezone in the living room of our apartment. My ex's parents had a video arcade/pizza parlor in the early 80's

Cool! I always wanted one of those coffee table pacman games. They used to have several in a place we frequented with friends in Hershey, PA. I'd have put it in the living room back then. Thankfully for my kids, I've matured a lot since then.

Still love to have one downstairs though. Unfortunately we missed the auction when it closed. Friends bought one of them but would never part with it. hmmm.... wonder what they're doing with it now 25 yrs later?? :rofl2:

Rats! Carol beat me to it. A trivia fact I actually knew...

Pinky, blinky, inky & clyde reside in our basement. DH's hobby for the first 20+ years of our marriage was collecting arcade games. We've got everything from skeeball and shufflebowl to daytona 500, pacman, spyhunter, and more lining the walls of every room downstairs. No room for furniture anymore but lots of coin-op fun.

I'd love to see photos of this collection!

I love the fact that even someone like you, who goes to the parks a lot more than some of us (jealous), can still find things you've never noticed before.

And I think Yuri gets a bad rap. He clearly risked life and limb, not to mention a possible trespassing charge, just to provide you with some unique, one of a kind photos! He's a very drunken brave soul!

I love the fact that I am always noticing something new too.

As a matter of fact, there are still a few discoveries which I will be sharing in this report.

Yuri does not get a bad rap. If anything, I'm too easy on the guy.

Party at Pam's house!!!

Great idea!

Glad to know that one of your other relatives spilled the beans and Yuri was able to track you down. He took some really cool photos.

I was sitting here reading this and thinking there are so many books out there that help you plan your days at the park, but none of them go into the small details like you find on your trips. They all seem to be about getting to the rides or shows. I like the way you approach your trips. I realize that since you live close by and get to visit often this is probably easier for you than someone who lives farther away, but I think whenever we go back I am going to use your method. I am going to seek out all the details as I go along.

I'm glad to hear you say this.

I think this is a key point that distinguishes those who love WDW from those who don't. We always plan just a few things to do at a park. And we are prepared to be flexible. If there's an hour wait for Tower Of Terror, forget that- we will go and do something else. On this trip that ended up being the animation activity, and we had a great time.

Thanks Yuri! Is he former KGB? Stealthy, that guy!

No.

It is a common misconception that Yuri is Russian. He's not. He's from an island in the Caribbean. I think his father was a Russian who was assigned to Cuba. But I really don't know. And, I'm not even sure if he's really my cousin. I hope he isn't.

Those cinnamon buns look really yummy. Can't wait until our September trip to get some!!

They are really yummy.

There are a lot of places that sell cinnamon buns in WDW, but these are the best.

Enjoying, as always! We're trying to clear a weekend on the schedule to make a similar run before school's out. Come join us by the frontyard campfire one of these weekends!

I'll keep an eye out for you!

Nice!

Did that have anything to do with it being your first marriage?

That first shot inside the rubik's cube is really cool. That could easily be a metaphor for having a really tough day. But in this case it comes with alot of fun.

I think it was Jacky Handy on SNL that said "things that make you go hmmm." (although I could be totally wrong on that reference). I wonder wonder what they do up there in the top of the train station. In particular, why do the shades cover the bottom half of the windows on the end, but the top half on some other. Probably means nothing, just something that seems odd.

Hey- I could use someone like you on my staff.

That is a very astute observation.

And, what do they do up there in that train station?

Mmmmmmmmm. That is all.

Amen.

TCD

Hey-

You probably did see the TCD twins!

That sounds like when we came by the Pop for our car.

You should have said something!

The twins love it when they get recognized from one of my TR's.

Not.

TCD

Even funnier is we spent the day in Epcot Friday afternoon till 6 and in the MK saturday till we headed back to POP., after a brief first visit to the Fort so I could check it out for the first time.

Hey-

You probably did see the TCD twins!

That sounds like when we came by the Pop for our car.

You should have said something!

The twins love it when they get recognized from one of my TR's.

Not.

TCD

"Hey aren't you the TCD Twins? Where is your cousin Yuri from? ".

Can't imagine why they don't like it?

In my last post, I told you that I saw something interesting when we headed back to Space Mountain later in the morning to use our Fastpasses.

Some of you reading along probably thought: BS.

Oh Ye of little faith!

If there is one thing that can be counted on in a TCD TR, it's that I always deliver.

Always.

So here it comes.

That interesting thing.

I will only have seven photos in this post.

But, you will find them all very interesting.

So, we were hoofing it back to Space Mountain.

We had been on Main Street.

As I walked past the Stitch "attraction" (can it be called an attraction when nobody goes there?) (we'll save that for another day), I almost ran right into a very suspicious looking man.

He was standing there in an open space, with his hand shoved in a murse, with his hand cupped over his mouth, talking in to a small microphone. And he was wearing a Tennessee ball cap.

What the Fort is going on here?, I wondered.

What the heck was this guy up too.

Like any good citizen, I took out my phone to make a record of this.

I had walked past the guy, and turned back to take this photo:

IMG_0762.jpg

Make sure you check that all out. The Tennessee cap. The murse. The talking into the hand.

This guy was clearly up to something.

But what?

He was not paying attention to where he was going. He kept looking over toward the gift shop near Stitch:

IMG_0763.jpg

It seemed like he was looking at this trash can over here. The one with the blue flap:

IMG_0764.jpg

Then I noticed something.

The trash can was moving.

That was not just any trash can.

It was PUSH!

Have you heard of PUSH?

I have.

But I have never seen it.

PUSH is a robotic trash can that sometimes appears in Tommorrowland. It moves around on its own, and can even talk to guests.

Wow!

How cool is that?

Since Walt Disney World opened its doors over 40 years ago now, the Disney company has distinguished itself as the leader of technologic advances in the theme park industry. All of this brain power and money has given us PUSH. A fully automated robot that can move around independently and interact with guests. Some doubters say it isn't so. Some say that there's a little person in there running the controls. Other skeptics say it's operated remotely by a cast member near by.

But that is not what I saw.

I saw a fully functioning, independent robot.

There was no castmember operating it. There was no little person inside.

This was a real robot.

Just like C3P0!

Amazing!

I was seeing the future.

And the future was now!

Who needs a new attraction or wizard land?

We have a real robot!

But, what about that guy with the Tennessee cap?

Who would wear a Tennessee cap?

Something weird was going on here.

Look how the guy is walking on the other side of the crowd here:

IMG_0765.jpg

There he is over there heading toward Buzz:

IMG_0766.jpg

He was pretending not to be looking, but it seemed pretty clear to me that this guy was following PUSH. Look at him here- he is looking the other way, but he is walking along at the same pace as the robot:

IMG_0767.jpg

There he goes, walking all the way over on the left, and you can see PUSH rolling along there on the right:

IMG_0768.jpg

I had seen enough.

I got out my emergency whistle.

And I blew it three times as loud as I could.

And then I yelled at the top of my lungs : "STRANGER DANGER!!!!"

The suspicious guy looked at me.

He knew he had been spotted.

He ran away.

PUSH just stopped and stayed put.

I told everyone who was now staring at me that I had just saved PUSH from being robot-napped.

I thought maybe the Mayor would come by and give me a medal or something.

But, nobody seemed to care.

In fact, people seemed to be giving me dirty looks.

I saw one guy doing the crazy signal, twirling his finger near the side of his head and pointing to me.

What is wrong with people?

I had just prevented a major crime, and nobody seemed to care.

So, that's the interesting thing I saw on my way to Space Mountain.

I thought it was the most interesting thing I saw on this trip.

But, I could be wrong about that.

I have a few more things for us to look at.

But for now, we will head over to Space Mountain.

TCD

But, what about that guy with the Tennessee cap?

Who would wear a Tennessee cap?

Something weird was going on here.

Look how the guy is walking on the other side of the crowd here:

IMG_0765.jpg

OMG look at that CM snearing at your surveillance! It's a conspiracy! Sure looks like an inside job to me. Glad TCD was on the scene...

Let me try to comment on what I missed.

I don't mind if Yuri has multiple wives, as I plan to keep Trevor so I too would be a parallelogram!

(or is that a Polygamist)

Your buns look delicious.

I can't believe you'd never seen PUSH?!

We love to sneak back in that little alley and use those tables to eat stuff from the bakery.

Great detective work! My wife swears she saw the guy that controlled the sword in the stone. She pointed him out to me and I think she was right. We were waiting for the Magic Portal by Sir Mickey's when she spotted him. Rookie mistake on my part again failing to get a picture. I love how many things there are to keep us entertained.

The way our Volunteer team has played the last couple of years the guy probably figured no one would pay attention to the Power T any longer and he could just blend in and not be noticed.

Great job by Yuri, loved his work at RC.

Sounds like you think the tag fairies are falling down on the job, so you just have to beg them to change your tag. :))

No wonder you were so interested in the shimmying.

CINNAMON buns, you pervs!! :P

It would appear that since Disney has relaxed their facial hair regulations, there is an epidemic of beard growth. I don't like. Nope, not a bit. Pretty soon the Geico cavemen will be operating the Dumbo ride. Imagine how it would look at lunchtime with these guys chowing down on some turkey legs. I'm gonna have a little chat with Bobby tonight.