The TCD gang Pops over to WDW

After our meal, we headed out toward the bus stop.

We did a bad job with our timing, because the Hoop Dee Doo had let out at the same time, and the bus stop was mobbed.

It wasn't raining, so I convinced the girls to walk with me to the Meadow Trading Post.

I wanted to pop in there to see if there was any new Fort merchandise.

So, we headed that way.

It is a nice walk.

And, it was especially nice that evening, because it was cool, and, despite the rain, not too humid.

Summer had not yet arrived at the Fort. But it won't be long.

Here we are at the Meadow Trading Post- they did a good job designing and building this:

IMG_0896.jpg

They had a big display of the Fort gear:

IMG_0897.jpg

Yes, they had some of those nice ceramic mugs:

IMG_0898.jpg

This was just a week ago Saturday.

I'll bet the mugs are gone.

You can see they had plenty of the travel mugs, water bottles, can coozies, magnets, Christmas ornaments, license plates, and license plate frames. What I did not see were any of the key chains.

Of course, they had the expensive chairs and ugly tire cover:

IMG_0899.jpg

And, boy was it my lucky day!

I was surprised to find another garbage birdhouse display here:

IMG_0900.jpg

I wonder how this worked?

How could they have folks voting in the Wilderness Lodge lobby and others voting here?

Plus, nobody was monitoring how many votes everyone made.

Let's take a look at what they had on display here:

I guess this one was from the marina staff:

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

And this one was from the Hoop Dee Doo castmembers:

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

I cry fowl (pun intended)(and misspelling intended too) on this entry- they do not serve wine that comes out of a corked bottle at the Hoop Dee Doo, and how are rubber chickens recycled material? Maybe the castmembers from the Wilderness Lodge Mercantile could have helped out the Hoop Dee Doo people by writing a long explanation for me.

This one must have come from the front desk castmembers:

IMG_0903.jpg

I cry foul here too (no pun intended)(nor is there a pun to begin with). Are we to believe that these are used gift cards? Unlikely. So, this exercise ended up wasting a bunch of gift cards that will be replaced with more plastic. Happy Earth Day, indeed.

It appears that they wanted to spread the weirdos out between the Fort and the Lodge, so they put this bat house over here:

IMG_0904.jpg

IMG_0906.jpg

The bat house appears to have been a solo project by one Eric Polston, who was so proud of it that he made sure to include his name and department:

IMG_0907.jpg

Way to go, Eric!

This entry on the end of the table looked more like a crab trap than a bird house:

IMG_0905.jpg

Just to make things interesting, we voted for the garbage monorail birdhouse here.

Since I was in the neighborhood, I thought I ought to take a look at Bear Rock.

Here you go:

IMG_0910.jpg

And there's the canoe and kayak beach over there, with the campfire area in the background. You can even see the Chuckwagon:

IMG_0911.jpg

Here we see Bob's dock, and the Bike Barn across the fishin' hole:

IMG_0912.jpg

Now, it was time to go.

We waited for a bus at the 900 loop bus stop. While we waited, I checked out the 900 loop, and saw that Lake Nicholas had come back:

IMG_0913.jpg

That is lake is called Lake Nicholas, because my nephew, Nicholas, spent some quality time splashing in that lake when he was here last Halloween.

And, then we headed to our car.

At this point, you may think that is all for this trip report.

But, there's more!

There will be one more batch of photos.

And, a new TCD Real Man of Genius.

One of the best ever, IMHO.

You'll see.

TCD

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Vinylmation and Monorails combined, my dream has come true.

I can't read this. I'm way too busy.

I'm feeling nauseas.

And this one was from the Hoop Dee Doo castmembers:

IMG_0902.jpg

Since I was in the neighborhood, I thought I ought to take a look at Bear Rock.

Here you go:

IMG_0910.jpg

TCD

Okay, for the record I like the cork birdhouse. Those cast members had to drink a whole lot of wine to make that baby.

And this may be a dumb question but I see this photo a lot in your TR's as well as others. Which one is Bear Rock, and why?

Okay, for the record I like the cork birdhouse. Those cast members had to drink a whole lot of wine to make that baby.

And this may be a dumb question but I see this photo a lot in your TR's as well as others. Which one is Bear Rock, and why?

Bear Rock is right in the middle of the photo.

The water in the lake is usually higher, so the rock ends up looking something like a bear's head sticking out of the water.

Beer helps with the effect.

TCD

Beer helps with the effect.

TCD

Good to know. I will have to look back at other pics to try to see it. It's like being on the boat looking back at the Wilderness Lodge and trying to point out the bear face to my kids. I'm not sure they've ever seen it. And unfortunately I can't give them beer.

I like a good cliffhanger as much as the next guy.

But, I have time to get this report finished, so that is what we will do.

As we headed out of the Fort, it appeared that there was some type of activity going on around one of the check in lanes.

I decided to check it out.

Here's the situation:

IMG_0914.jpg

That is one big truck and trailer.

We need a closer look:

IMG_0915.jpg

Here's a look from the other side:

IMG_0923.jpg

Check out the AC unit and satellite receiver:

IMG_0922.jpg

What is going on here?

This guy isn't stuck under there, is he? :

IMG_0916.jpg

Look at the size of that trailer! :

IMG_0917.jpg

There was a fellow out back digging through a tool box:

IMG_0918.jpg

And a couple of castmembers with a ladder over here:

IMG_0919.jpg

The guy on the ground was handing tools the to guy on the ladder:

IMG_0920.jpg

It looks like the trailer was wedged under the number 6 sign above the lane:

IMG_0921.jpg

I really wanted to stay and see how this all worked out.

What the heck happened here?

Do you see the tags on the truck and trailer are from Ontario?

So, this guy drove this thing all the way from Canada, and then got stuck here?

Why is that trailer so tall?

What the heck is that thing anyway?

It had no markings on it. It looks like it might be some kind of custom thing. Did you notice all the slides?

How could the driver not have realized how tall his trailer was and that he wasn't going to make it through the lane?

Whoever owns this thing must have spent a lot on it. That is not a cheap tow vehicle up front.

Even without knowing all of what happened here, this guy gets a TCD Real Man of Genius Award.

The last time I was at the Fort, it took me three days to find a worthy recipient.

Today, we were just here for a couple of hours, and I found this guy.

I wish I could have stayed to see him pull into his site.

I wonder if he made it?

I wonder whether there was a site that could take such a long and tall trailer? I know that there a lot that couldn't.

This was just a week ago Saturday, so it's possible the guy is still there.

Let me know if any of you see him around the Fort.

But, we had to go.

So, at about 8:00, we finally said our goodbye to WDW and headed home.

We had no traffic or weather problems, and were home by 9:30.

That was a fun couple of days.

And, that's all I have for this trip report.

Thanks for reading along.

Hopefully, the next trip will be soon.

TCD

Great little report.

I like the marina birdhouse and I LOL at you voting for the monorail one. :))

I wonder if that guy bought that HUGE truck/trailer to compensate for a small......never mind. He should have at least made a note of how tall his rig was.

I am fine guys (thanks for asking) We have my aunt's final fundraiser on Saturday. We are hosting it at the gym with food, silent auctions, raffles, donations, kids activities....etc. We are expecting 500-600 people and it's kind of overwhelming. I haven't had much time to play on the boards. I pray to God it goes well, but I will be happy when it's over.

Thanks for the report Andrew. It's little things like this that keep me from going insane! (It's not a long distance :) )

I think we would have pulled over to watch him get that trailer unstuck.

We would have too! Why didn't they let some air out of the tires? I've seen Prevosts that came awfully close but never actually seen anyone stuck! I agree, he deserved the TCDRMOG award. He should have known how tall he is!

BTW, TCD, another great TR!

I bet that rig was 13'6" tall as that is standard for all tractor trailers and looked to be 53' long and yes it was a custom built unit, I just forget the company that builds them. At 1st glance it looked like one of those TV units that cavers sporting events and such. I would have asked to see inside just to see if the inside was as impressive as the outside was.

That trailer and TV are really ridiculous. The guy got what he deserved. They ought to charge more for a campsite for him. That AC unit has to suck some serious power.

That looks like a Spacecraft trailer. They are super nice and well built. It looks every bit of 13'6"...maybe more. If I had to guess I would say the back is a garage with a stacker lift hauling a car and 2 cruisers.

I would have aired the tires down a bit or dumped the air from the airbags....and pulled on out.

Yes, they had some of those nice ceramic mugs:

IMG_0898.jpg

This was just a week ago Saturday.

I'll bet the mugs are gone.

They better have some of those mugs when we get there in June....I don't have enough Disney mugs :what2:

Great trip report as usual. Gracias!

Just to defend the guy who got stuck for one second. Do they actually have the heigtht limitiatons posted? (like on bridges, etc..) I don't remember seeing it ever posted there and I actually wondered if stuff got stuck under there a couple times. But a semi driver should be cautious but he was probably eyeing it and eyed wrong.

I was there during the time of this trip report and I was quite impressed by that trailer when I saw it. I think I remember it being in the 1200 loop. All I know is that you could actually see that thing from one of the main roads. (shocker)...

Enjoyed the report! And good job on finding that real man of genius, but I suppose you couldn't miss him.

Thanks.

And, BTW, I found a good picture of Bear Rock for you.

Credit for this photo goes to fellow Fiend Ynottony, as this is a link to his photobucket photo:

FWVacOct09350.jpg

You see the bear head now, don't you?

OMG!!! That is funny!!! You know they "don't" have a height marker on that structure, but it does look like he was stuck!!!!

Thanks for the quick look around WDW!!!

I believe that you are correct about there not being a height marker, but that trailer was super tall, and that guy had to know that he was pushing it.

Great little report.

I like the marina birdhouse and I LOL at you voting for the monorail one. :))

I wonder if that guy bought that HUGE truck/trailer to compensate for a small......never mind. He should have at least made a note of how tall his rig was.

I am fine guys (thanks for asking) We have my aunt's final fundraiser on Saturday. We are hosting it at the gym with food, silent auctions, raffles, donations, kids activities....etc. We are expecting 500-600 people and it's kind of overwhelming. I haven't had much time to play on the boards. I pray to God it goes well, but I will be happy when it's over.

Thanks for the report Andrew. It's little things like this that keep me from going insane! (It's not a long distance :) )

Stef-

Glad to know that it's a good thing that is taking up your time.

Good luck with the event!

Another great TCD trip report. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

I'm glad you liked it.

I think we would have pulled over to watch him get that trailer unstuck.

If we hadn't had such a long day already, I would have gladly stayed to watch the show.

Fortunately for the guy, it looked like he was just stuck on that lane marker. The rest of the rig had already passed underneath. I'm not sure why that lane marker got hit when it did, but I think once they knocked that out of the way, he was good to go.

Thanks for another great report TCD!

Thanks.

Thanks for another great TR

And thank you, too.

We would have too! Why didn't they let some air out of the tires? I've seen Prevosts that came awfully close but never actually seen anyone stuck! I agree, he deserved the TCDRMOG award. He should have known how tall he is!

BTW, TCD, another great TR!

Yes, I have never seen anything that tall try to pass under there. Buses and everything else pass under there all the time. This trailer was exceptionally tall.

Hope the wait is not too long for the next TR!

Me too.

I'm not saying nutin.

You are good at that.

TCD