Tow Nater Celebrates At The Fort

This update will include any random Fort scenery that we took along the way, but didn't fit into the story. Enjoy.

This was in Amanda's batch of photos. I have no idea where it was taken. Any thoughts?

fortMay2012113.jpg

SQUIRREL!

fortMay2012115.jpg

Fishing bird!

fortMay2012121.jpg

fortMay2012122.jpg

fortMay2012123.jpg

Thumper!

fortMay2012125.jpg

Deer!

fortMay2012126.jpg

fortMay2012384.jpg

Ahhh, the trail to the Settlement.

fortMay2012385.jpg

fortMay2012386.jpg

The same trail going away from the Settlement.

fortMay2012630.jpg

This tiny little sign you see is the one that warns people that bikes are not allowed on the trail along the lake.

fortMay2012631.jpg

fortMay2012629.jpg

fortMay2012632.jpg

fortMay2012640.jpg

A lamp on Trails End's porch

fortMay2012637.jpg

Playground in my backyard. (Next to the 300 loop)

fortMay2012652.jpg

fortMay2012665.jpg

Since this report is almost a wrap, and this update was light on commentary, I'm going to add a couple of my final thoughts now.

1. It had been since the first week of February that we had visited the Fort, which is a long time for us. When gas prices skyrocketed, we figured the only was around it was to cut a couple of trips. I have to say it was a good decision. We were all so excited to be going back, it was almost like being Fort newbies again.

2. The only place I did not visit on this trip was the canal area behind the 300 loop. I did not want to see that ugly crane sticking out above the trees! BOO!

3. We saw ONE yellow fly in the whole 6 days and that was when Trevor was picking us up from the Outpost, by the horses. We all came home bite-free!

4. The weather was perfect (well, perfectly scorching hot, but we're used to that) We had that one 1/2 hour rain shower and that's it. We were able to make it home and unpack before the outskirts of Beryl started in on us Monday evening. It poured all night and all day Tuesday. Poured, like roads were shut down because all the retention ponds in town were full. God must have been looking out for us.

We're nearing the end now. I have a "pack-up" post and then we say Goodbye to the Fort.

Some of us much louder than others! ;)

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope that wasn't my guess. I thought it might be because the male carries the eggs till term. Which to me anyway sounds like a pretty good deal! :)

Updates are fast and furious! I have never been in the Norway church either. I'll have to check it out. It's amazing what the 'ritas will do to you on a hot day like that. If I am ever there at th

Hooray for Tow Nater!!! Y'all are like the Incredibles at the Fort. A family of superheroes! Trevor is snake man. Nathen is Tow Nater. Stef is Banana girl. She will get rid of any unwanted bananas in

This was in Amanda's batch of photos. I have no idea where it was taken. Any thoughts?

fortMay2012113.jpg

That is down at the Settlement.

The side porch of Crockett's and the Arcade would be on your left, and the playground on your right. She is looking toward the old River Country entrance. The sidewalk on the right is the one that leads to Clementine's Beach.

TCD

That is down at the Settlement.

The side porch of Crockett's and the Arcade would be on your left, and the playground on your right. She is looking toward the old River Country entrance. The sidewalk on the right is the one that leads to Clementine's Beach.

TCD

Well done! I get it now, thank you.

Wow- you have good eyes.

TCD

That may be, but she can't take a good picture to save her life. :hah:

4. It's blue, I love blue.

Uh Oh, you'd better hope Gwen doesn't read that. :rofl2:

Yes, the kids have a friend in the AF, stationed somewhere in the panhandle. Why can't you move Tiny to Florida? (You can come too, I guess)

I love all the Fort pics and awesome that you and Nater got drinks at Crockett's on the final night......what could be better?

Not having to come home? -_-

I have really enjoyed your report.

Me too. I don't want it to end.

Thank you both, but sadly, this is it!

My final update is coming momentarily.

That dreaded day has arrived. I opened my eyes around 5:00 am on Monday and listened for rain. So far, so good. I finally got up and tried not to be grumpy. I was very thankful that the storm hadn't moved in and everything was still dry.

We had our coffee, then took Mason out for his final walk.

fortMay2012650.jpg

We let the kids sleep in for a bit, and Trevor & I started tearing down camp.

fortMay2012654.jpg

The "going home funk" that I was in quickly dissipated when Aiden showed up to say goodbye. I felt so lucky that he was the first and last fiend that I saw on this trip.

fortMay2012655.jpg

fortMay2012656.jpg

I'm sure there's some manly talk going on here.

fortMay2012660.jpg

fortMay2012657.jpg

Aiden taught me his Anakin Skywalker pose.

fortMay2012658.jpg

There were hugs galore, and Aiden even kissed my cheek. Talk about melting your heart!

I promised him that I would see him again and we would have a play date at the playground.

The break down continued after the kids crawled out of bed.

fortMay2012659.jpg

Load up the cart.

fortMay2012661.jpg

Back up and hook up.

fortMay2012662.jpg

Mason hopped in the backseat and was ready for the ride home.

fortMay2012663.jpg

Normally, we haul our two bikes on the camper, but we got lazy and just threw them all in Nate's truck.

fortMay2012664.jpg

Does anyone else pack really nice, everything in it's place, when heading to the Fort, and then find yourself shoving crap wherever it fits on the way home? ::)

A lot of people were packing and leaving on this Monday.

fortMay2012666.jpg

I'm pretty sure this CM is saying to the other one:

"Oh my gosh, I think I just soiled myself!"

fortMay2012667.jpg

As they waved to Nate, he blasted them with his train horns! :hah:

I looked longingly at the office, wishing I was one of the people just checking in, instead of checking out.

fortMay2012668.jpg

As luck would have it, as we went past the TTC, a monorail came by...and I thought of Lou.

fortMay2012669.jpg

And that's all she wrote folks!

We were home and unpacked by 1:00pm.

Thanks to everyone for reading along, and all the great comments. Til the next time.

Love, Peace & Chicken Grease! :animated-smileys-character-024:

BRAVO!

Another excellent report!

Now I know how y'all are able to get packed up and out of there so quick. I am the opposite. I take forever packing up, because I want to be able to just put the camper away when I get home. I'm glad that the rain waited for you to get packed and out of there.

I, too, am sorry that this report is done. It sure was a lot of fun.

TCD

Really enjoyed that one! The heat is on now, I'll have to step up my next TR for the July 4th trip! I didn't realize you were so close, we're trying to put together a weekend up in Chazz, any thoughts about the CG?

I wish I could have been there for the train horns. :rofl2:

They are extremely loud! Usually (so as not to give anyone a heart attack) he just "burps" them, but since we were leaving, he let em rip!

Sorry it's over, but once again, great report!!

Great trip report and even better pictures, thanks for posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a fun trip.

It's just too soon for it to be ovah.... way to soon....

Thanks all. It was a fun trip and I'm sorry it's over too. But there will be more to come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Now I know how y'all are able to get packed up and out of there so quick. I am the opposite. I take forever packing up, because I want to be able to just put the camper away when I get home.

TCD

We've got the packing down to about a hour. We did pack much more carefully when we had our pup since there isn't a lot of storage. Now everything basically stays in it's place while camping, just food and our clothes have to come out when we get home.

Great report!!!! :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

Until next time!

Thanks G! Looks like my next trip (at the Fort) will include you. Ought to make for some interesting pictures. :1sm056pullhair:

Really enjoyed that one! The heat is on now, I'll have to step up my next TR for the July 4th trip! I didn't realize you were so close, we're trying to put together a weekend up in Chazz, any thoughts about the CG?

Thank you. Yes, I am close! I am not familiar with Chazz camping, but I did find one recent review.

Scroll down towards the bottom.

http://www.rvparkrev.../Homosassa.html

Bring a lot of bug spray. The no see-ums will eat you alive over there. You can always find interesting folks around that area. Tons of fishermen, some who wear rubber waders with "Homosassa Reeboks" written in magic marker on them (true story!!) Every once in a while you will find one that has a tooth. ;D

It really is beautiful up in this area, especially if your into water and or fishing. I highly recommend taking a manatee tour!

Let me know when you're up this way, maybe we could meet up for a beer! :doublebeer:

Thanks for sharing Stef. Great report and fabulous pictures! I can't wait to be there.110 days...but who's counting???

Only 110 days?! Enjoy the anticipation/planning as it will be over before you know it. You're gonna have a great time, and I expect to be paid back for this report...with pictures. :)

GREAT TR!!! Thank you for posting it! Looks like you all had a great time! Happy belated birthday to your son. And I LOVE your puppy!! :heartsmiley:

Seeing those crowds over Memorial Day, I'm really afraid of being there over 4th of July!! :bugeyes:

We did the Manatee tour last father's day, was outstanding. We plan on heading up that way soon. Will certainly contact you. That's funny, I too am a 1983 NY transplant, and my mother wants to know how I ended up with a big pickup truck, a favorite Nascar driver, and lots of camo. I keep telling her that camping keeps me close to the folks that are truly the salt of the earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GZYKOS5JaE&feature=related

GREAT TR!!! Thank you for posting it! Looks like you all had a great time! Happy belated birthday to your son. And I LOVE your puppy!! :heartsmiley:

Seeing those crowds over Memorial Day, I'm really afraid of being there over 4th of July!! :bugeyes:

Awww thanks!

You'll be fine on the 4th! Just stay out of the parks, the water parks, Downtown Disney & the pool at the Fort. Stay at your site, with a very big fan blowing on you. :rofl2:

No, you'll still have a great time!!

That's funny, I too am a 1983 NY transplant, and my mother wants to know how I ended up with a big pickup truck, a favorite Nascar driver, and lots of camo. I keep telling her that camping keeps me close to the folks that are truly the salt of the earth.

Wow, what a co-ink-ee-dink! :holysheep:

Look forward to meeting you.