Headed to the Fort - 1st time

For private campground you could try Big Oak RV (Tallahassee) and there is also a KOA in that area.

In Lake City there is Oaks 'N Pines RV Park.

If you prefer state parks there's Suwanee River State Park (Live Oak) and Stephen Foster State Park (White Springs).

Oh, and WELCOME!!

welcome58.gif, Dave. We have stayed at the Inn & Out every trip for the 10 years. It isn't anything special but there are many restaurants nearby including Texas Roadhouse, right across the street, Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel very close by. There is also a Walmart a couple of blocks down the street for any of those last minute items you may have forgotten.

If I am remembering correctly, we paid about $26 for a full hook up site. There is cable and wifi at the sites. They also have a gas station at the front of the RV park but the gas prices are terrible.

Welcome to the boards hope you have a great trip. We are also from Texas but we our down on the coast. We stop here http://koa.com/campgrounds/milton/. It's just a little past Pensacola. If you want to go further the Swanne music park is about where I-10 meets I-75. I haven't stayed here but a friend of mine said we should and it's nice. http://musicliveshere.com/content/index.php

Thanks everyone for the replies and the kind welcome. We will be headed towards the Fort this next Saturday and our 7 days/6 nights at the Fort starts next Sunday. This will be our 2nd time at Disney but our 1st time to take the 5er, everyone can hardly wait. I'm sure this upcoming week at work will seem to take forever to get through. :drool1:

We are heading to the Fort for the 1st time with our 5er and are looking for a place to stop on the way down. We will be coming from Dallas, TX via I-10 and hope to spend Saturday night somewhere around Tallahassee or closer to the Fort. Any recommendations?

We're leaving Arlington on Friday night when I get off work. We like to take I20 to Shreveport then south to I10. We usually just boondock somewhere near Lafayette. Have fun!

Welcome Dave, Have a safe wonderful Fort vacation. Take tons of pics

and be sure to do a long Trip Report. :)

I live in Benbrook (southwest Fort Worth). We've made it to Milton FL the first day and it's a LONG drive. Since the camper is a popup, we opt to spend the night in a hotel so we don't have to go to the hassle of putting it up and taking it down. Just a note... there are two exits for Milton. The east one of the two has a hotel or two, but all of the restaurants are back at the first (west) Milton exit. Safe travels.

We always stay at the In and Out R V Park in Lake City every trip we make to Disney. Not really fancy but nice and easy to get to. It is close to a Wal Mart and lots of restaurants. There is a Sub Way in the same building as their office. Really cheap rates too.