• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just my standard, I was simply agreeing with a previous poster. Ok, let me say that I don't think Hilda's site organizational style is what it should be. How's that? What do I have to say to make

you would be wrong, she gave up the cast member position almost 4 months ago. and your opinion about junk is subject to your standard, which is rather harsh and obviously worth very little to me.

Hmmmm, Lou did say IF. I saw the junk my last 3 times I visited the Fort. I'm not talking about the decorations but the boxes piled along side her RV. Total eyesore. Are you sure you're a Fiend, you d

I have spoken to her a couple of times at Christmas, as we always visit her site and my kids sit and watch her movies. Last I knew she was a CM. Drove by again in April but didn't stop to chat, yes she has a lot of decorations out but nothing I thought seemed unsightly, cluttered perhaps but not trashy. Her 5th wheel is just gorgeous and her Christmas displays are one of my favorite parts of visiting in Dec.

I have seen far worse at other CG's with permanent residents. Compare hers to some of the visitors in the 2000 loop with 18 people on a site and tents out in the middle of the loop with window units on milk crates sticking out and it doesn't seem so bad!

I've also wondered how folks who stay so long can afford it. Even with the discount, that's a chunk of change!

Is the gentleman someone mentioned in the 400 loop the one who looks like Santa?

Is the gentleman someone mentioned in the 400 loop the one who looks like Santa?

Yes, Ray does have a beard. In January "The Fort" did make her remove all the storage tubs and take them off site. She had a cargo trailer there which we were told she bought specifically for that purpose. The decorations were not the issue, the 40/50 +/-? storage tubs stacked next to her FW were.

Up arrows for everyone! In the words of an immortal hero: Can't we all just get along?

amen nothing wrong with constructive opinions

Cheerios are good.

Yes if no one has peed in them,(much better in milk)

In January "The Fort" did make her remove all the storage tubs and take them off site. She had a cargo trailer there which we were told she bought specifically for that purpose. The decorations were not the issue, the 40/50 +/-? storage tubs stacked next to her FW were.

Interesting. We were in the site next door to her in February and she had that cargo trailer sitting there most of the time. I guess that was when she was packing everything up. I never saw tubs stacked up...guess she had already loaded the trailer by then.

I strongly suspect, but am not entirely sure, that I have eaten Cheerios that have been peed upon.

Interesting. We were in the site next door to her in February and she had that cargo trailer sitting there most of the time. I guess that was when she was packing everything up. I never saw tubs stacked up...guess she had already loaded the trailer by then.

January/February it was one of those months. That's what so nice about long term stays at the FORT you forget what month it is. :rofl3:

I Compare hers to some of the visitors in the 2000 loop with people and tents out in the middle of the loop with window units on milk crates sticking out and it doesn't seem so bad!

If you don't like looking at my junk, stay off the 2000 loop! >:D

And it wasn't a milk crate

tentingaircondition.jpg

AC: aw, shucks! Thank you, I believe that is my very first "up arrow". I feel more like a real fiend!

TJ: I meant no disrespect to tent campers who have the ingenuity to hook up some AC. And that is coming from a former tenter who suffered thru many hot and cold nights. I am very, very fond of Spanish Moss Lane, and if we hadn't upgraded from pup to TT last year, that is where you would still find me every visit. What chaps my a** are those who really streeeeeetch the limit on # of persons per site. My apologies!

I strongly suspect, but am not entirely sure, that I have eaten Cheerios that have been peed upon.

well...were those too good?

TJ: I meant no disrespect to tent campers who have the ingenuity to hook up some AC. And that is coming from a former tenter who suffered thru many hot and cold nights. I am very, very fond of Spanish Moss Lane, and if we hadn't upgraded from pup to TT last year, that is where you would still find me every visit. What chaps my a** are those who really streeeeeetch the limit on # of persons per site. My apologies!

I was having fun at you! No offence was taken...lol. Even if you did, I'll laugh it off. Life is too short!

Isn't it nice that Lou and I are agreeing on the same thing these days. I guess I started a good debate. Ok here comes the Starbuc bashing. I think some of the over the top decorations are too much over Christmas. In my opinion, and it's just my opinion, I am camping and If I wanted to camp with a ton of Christmas lights, I would set the trailer up in front of my neighbors house. The 700 loop is too much for me during holidays. I do agree the 2000 loop can get very cluttered, but I would think a prime site up by the trading post the fort would regulate the junk. They can't regulate the locals invading the pool so they will never regulate junk

I don't think you will ever get any mental peace from the Christmas decorations. As long as Disney holds contests for the best decorated sites on certain holiday periods, you are going to have over the top people (in a person's humble opinion) that decorate to their heart's content to win the prize.

I was having fun at you! No offence was taken...lol. Even if you did, I'll laugh it off. Life is too short!

Oh good. And, I agree! Don't sweat the small stuff.

I love Christmas at the fort, and sometimes go there just to see the decorated sites and the WDW resorts. I do wonder how some of the really elaborate ones pull it off, how many extension cords they must use, and how long it must take, but appreciate their efforts as my kids and I enjoy it very much! We make hot chocolate, get some fuzzy blankets and loop around and around looking at all of them. OK well the kids are drinking hot chocolate…..

I think some of the over the top decorations are too much over Christmas.

I agree.

I'm all for tastefully decorated sites, but too many are over done.

And it's not just at the Fort, it's out of control in most neighborhoods too.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I like the way it was done before the inflatable explosion.

We have probably too many Christmas decorations on our site every year but we love them and will continue to put them up as long as our kids (and us) enjoy them and the people continue to stop and tell us how much they enjoy them. People are always taking pictures of our site. And we have never had any of our neighbors complain but rather they say they love the decorations. It does take a lot of time and effort to get them all up (about 3 days) but it is worth it in the end. :mh1: :fairydust:

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that decorations are fine when tastefully done. That means there is some common theme, the decorations fit together and are of similar scale. When someone packs as much crap as they can on their site or lawn and it's a mish mosh of dissimilar decorations, it becomes gaudy and trashy. I have seen a lot of this at the Fort. Remember, more is not always better.

This years approved decorations on the 3000 loop will be one wreath, 12 inches in diameter, per site, and a flamingo.

I agree.

I'm all for tastefully decorated sites, but too many are over done.

And it's not just at the Fort, it's out of control in most neighborhoods too.

I guess I'm just old fashioned, but I like the way it was done before the inflatable explosion.

Lou,

I think our Jedi strength is making us think the same. I'm glad most think like I do. I like Christmas decorations but in moderation. The people who pack so much junk on their site that they can not even see the concrete is ridiculous. I like things done tastefully and matching. On another note, I think a Rubbermaid storage shed on a site is over the top also. That's all I'll say about that :)