Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

TCD you will Love this

0074h_zpsf0d0baf0.jpg

Yes, I love that photo.  Look at all the wilderness!

That apparently was a postcard that was sold in a set at the Trading Posts.

A couple of years later, another set was released, which included this image:

0120F-500.jpg

I suspect that those ferns in the foreground are in pots that were brought in for this photo shoot.

TCD

I love the green and white weaved folding chair in the background.  Who, in the 70's, did not have some of those chairs?  Before the days of the collapsible camping chairs we all have now, everyone had those chairs with the aluminum frames and webbing, like this:

mnvFeyr3DcKlMXeaA0Qe7Aw.jpg

My parents still have their chairs like this and still use them.

I love the green and white weaved folding chair in the background.  Who, in the 70's, did not have some of those chairs?  Before the days of the collapsible camping chairs we all have now, everyone had those chairs with the aluminum frames and webbing, like this:

mnvFeyr3DcKlMXeaA0Qe7Aw.jpg

Yes, we had those chairs for sure.

My dad was skilled at replacing the webbing.  I'll be he still has a couple in his garage.

TCD

I had no idea I could drive to the Settlement TP.  This will make it so much easier when I need to go buy a tshirt or stuffed animal. 

Absolutely.  Just drive past the Settlement Bus Stop and continue on, keeping the horse barn on your right.  After you pass the barn, take a right and head toward Pioneer Hall.  The old River Country Pavilion will be on your left.  After you pass the pavilion, take a left down the mulch trail, then a right on the road that goes to the old River Country entrance.  It's a straight shot to the Settlement Trading Post from there.

Alternate route- exit from the 300 loop, over the bridge, down the path and you'll come out right behind the trading post.

Caveat- guests are not allowed to drive either of these routes, but it could be done.

TCD