Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

I did some research on that motorhome...it is a Mobilux, which is actually pretty rare.  Apparently only around 300 were made, in Evergreen, AL back in the early 70's.  They were considered pretty high end in those days.

Good job.  I couldn't read the last two letters on the tire cover, and thought it was called a Mobilex.  Mobilux makes much more sense.  Looks like a pretty nice motorhome for time.

TCD

So I guess in 1970, our Canadian buddy with the cruise ship on wheels who gets stuck at the Outpost would have been driving a Mobilux.

Did you read the waste disposal part?

Thermasan was a system manufactured until 1980 by Thetford Industries that utilized a motorhome RV's exhaust to incinerate waste from the sanitation system's holding tank.  Various Thermasan systems were once available both as factory-installed optional equipment from many RV manufacturers such as GMC, Winnebago and Executive, and also as aftermarket kits

So the waste was pumped into the exhaust pipe and vaporized as you drove. Can you even imagine the smell ?

Thermasan was a system manufactured until 1980 by Thetford Industries that utilized a motorhome RV's exhaust to incinerate waste from the sanitation system's holding tank.  Various Thermasan systems were once available both as factory-installed optional equipment from many RV manufacturers such as GMC, Winnebago and Executive, and also as aftermarket kits

So the waste was pumped into the exhaust pipe and vaporized as you drove. Can you even imagine the smell ?

Are you kidding??  Vaporized poop??

I missed that detail.  I am not sure I want to try to imagine the smell.  OK, lied.  I did try to imagine it, and I couldn't.  I'm sure it wasn't nice, though.

This makes me miss that brief period of time in late 60's and early 70's when manufactures just did whatever the heck they wanted to, and any crazy idea seemed to make it in to production.  Remember those big boat cars?  Walt Disney World was conceived and planned during that time.

Then came the energy crisis, Watergate, government regulation and all the rest, and the party was over.

TCD

Google "Incinolet".

We actually had one in our camp a few years back.  Worked just fine and surprisingly, there wasn't really much in the way of smell. We ended up selling it because each incinerating "cycle" took 2 hours and we could only use it with the generator going, as it drew way too much power to run off the solar.

And yes... we sold a used flaming poop machine.

We actually had one in our camp a few years back.  Worked just fine and surprisingly, there wasn't really much in the way of smell. We ended up selling it because each incinerating "cycle" took 2 hours and we could only use it with the generator going, as it drew way too much power to run off the solar.

And yes... we sold a used flaming poop machine.

I think you have a Tag in there.

Is that guiderail in the Rivers of America for the Liberty Belle?  I never really thought about it being on a rail, but I suppose you wouldn't want it losing control on a windy day and crashing into the dock, or into the smoking section there along the river.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I always though they may follow a track.

Does anyone know the answer to this? I always though they may follow a track.

I thought it was commonly known that it is on a guide rail.

There are some really tight spots, see photo, in the river, and due to the inertia of such a large boat, asking someone to pilot through them would be almost impossible. As far as I know all boats except the ones on the lakes are on a guide rail.

You'll notice that they make an announcement on the ferries that it's a free floating boat.

Notice anything unusual in the photo?

lb_zps06480c0e.jpg