HI ALL, WILL START TO MAKE CALLS FOR OUR PLANED TRIP TO THE FORT WITH

ARIVAL DATE OF AUG 22 OR 23 . WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO PLAN TO HIT THE CHECK IN AERA ?

THIS IS OUR FIRST TRIP TO THE FORT WE ARE DRAGGING A 38' FOREST RIVER FIFTH WHEEL, AND ARE PLANNING TO CAMP IN THE 800 LOOP AREA

ANY TIPS OR TRICKS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL WE ARE PLANNING A 10 DAY STAY

THANKS JOHN

Over the years, we've checked in at various times.....mid afternoon, late afternoon, late evening. We've never had our site not be ready, but we have had to wait in a long line to check in when we've hit it in the late afternoon (4-6pm.) For us, early afternoon or late night has been a lot quicker.

Welcome John!

As luck would have it, there's another recent thread going on this very topic with lots of good info. Check it out here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7022-summer-2012-at-the-fort/page__hl__+text%20+site%20+ready#entry182421

If you're looking to stay in a particular loop, we've got info on making a request on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loopsite-requests-r125

Just remember that it's only a request and Disney will not guarantee anything.

Good luck and have a terrific time!

WE ARE DRAGGING A 38' FOREST RIVER FIFTH WHEEL

You'll find that you'll make better time and use less gas if you put wheels on that thing instead of dragging it down here, not to mention the sparks.

AND ARE PLANNING TO CAMP IN THE 800 LOOP

That's a good choice if it's reopened by then.

I also like the 900 loop.

We are in the 1300 loop, right down the road from 800. There's a LOT of digging going on in 800, might want to have a back up plan.

As far as check in, we always fax a site request and have only had to wait once in the last 6-8 trips. We USUALLY get here around 10-11 AM.

By the way: WELCOME!!! :clint:

HI Lou

in order to make the duramax work for its meal we diched the wheels and put on led sled magnesium skids

shows up great at night

Thanks for the ribbing i dont type often so i deserve it JOHN

I don't worry about check in lines. We have all the fixings for Kungaloosh in the trailer. I just send FWGirl back there to mix up a batch. Sure makes the time pass and I don't even mind the dogs barking in the truck.