Carol at the Fort in a Tent!! Are You Nuts!!! YUP!!!

Carol, All I can say is Wow! Good for you. Tell everyone hello for me and have a wonderful time. :)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You succeeded.

Carol, that shot of the monorail is fantastic. How you managed not to catch the parts falling off in the shot is amazing. Not to mention the flames shooting out the back.

Buses arrive about every 20 minutes, so shut up and wait like a good little boy should.

You have to be the most organized person i know! I love How the Fiends are always there to help out and more important join in the fun!

How cool is it that you ran into Lou! I'm not surprised by the hug though, I think he fibs when he says he's not a hugger.

Love the Caribbean Beach photos!

I brought my own popcorn to this one and am ready for more! :popcorn:

Chicken and waffles are one of the comfort foods that I crave now and then. Love those flavors together. Now, I've never tried the ones at Trails End...but I hope to rectify that in December. But overall, the crunchy, greasy fried chicken paired with a nice crisp waffle, topped with melted butter and syrup...oh MY!

I'm just teasing, I did find myself getting irritated to have to crawl in an out of the tent to just grab something. I LOVE my little camper, it sure has made roughing it a lot gentler. I also missed the afternoon nap. The tent was quite comfy at night, but during the day it was a sauna in there.

No worries, if someone didn't tease me I would think you were all ill! :))

We tent camped a lot when Nate was younger and loved it. The only thing I hated was the "down time" like you mentioned. Napping, "napping," or rainy days when everything felt damp. Or those darn midnight potty runs.

That's why we went with the hybrid. I love hearing the sounds of camping (even if it is diesel buses) but having the ammenities when I need them is a bonus.

As I was reading this update I got all excited about your dinner at CB. I only ate there once and it was for a quick salad. I just knew YOU would have tons of detailed pics and menus......and then I kept reading. :))

Glad you enjoyed your turkey though!

How lucky you were to run into Lou! He's so handsome, even in a nerdy bus uniform.

Been out of town all day and just saw this ... great TR! Keep it coming!

Can't believe you did all that driving by yourself. I can't drive an hour without getting out and walking around for awhile. Stiff neck, tunnel vision, lack of concentration. Would have taken me 2 days to get from Atlanta to the fort. BTW, I'm not much better riding long distances. At least in the moho I can get up and walk around.

It looks like I was on a new bus, I've never seen this configuration of seats before

IMG_0431.jpg

Yup, those are the newest buses.

What's different is the system for strapping down WC/ECVs. They are on opposite sides of the bus instead of one in front of the other.

It's a simpler and quicker tie down system requiring 3 instead of 4 straps. The rear straps are partially automated.

Carol, All I can say is Wow! Good for you. Tell everyone hello for me and have a wonderful time. :)

I did have a WONDERFUL time, wish I was still there!!

Bus roulette?

I love it.

And you ran into Lou!

What are the odds of that happening?

Magic, I tell ya!

TCD

Yes, it was Magic. And as far as the bus roulette, that's the best way to have interesting adventures :)

You have to be the most organized person i know! I love How the Fiends are always there to help out and more important join in the fun!

How cool is it that you ran into Lou! I'm not surprised by the hug though, I think he fibs when he says he's not a hugger.

Love the Caribbean Beach photos!

I brought my own popcorn to this one and am ready for more! :popcorn:

Yeah, I found out in my training that I am a "giving, and analytical personality" in other words OCD!!!!

Chicken and waffles are one of the comfort foods that I crave now and then. Love those flavors together. Now, I've never tried the ones at Trails End...but I hope to rectify that in December. But overall, the crunchy, greasy fried chicken paired with a nice crisp waffle, topped with melted butter and syrup...oh MY!

It was good! Just odd.

without a pic, it didn't happen. I declare you ate bread and water.

LOL!!!!

Awesome Carol!

Nice CB pics. Looks a lot different than when I stayed there with DW many moons ago.

Nice shot of Lou too!

CBR is actually my least favorite resort. It's HUGE, and I hate the 500 internal stops!!

No worries, if someone didn't tease me I would think you were all ill! :))

We tent camped a lot when Nate was younger and loved it. The only thing I hated was the "down time" like you mentioned. Napping, "napping," or rainy days when everything felt damp. Or those darn midnight potty runs.

That's why we went with the hybrid. I love hearing the sounds of camping (even if it is diesel buses) but having the ammenities when I need them is a bonus.

As I was reading this update I got all excited about your dinner at CB. I only ate there once and it was for a quick salad. I just knew YOU would have tons of detailed pics and menus......and then I kept reading. :))

Glad you enjoyed your turkey though!

How lucky you were to run into Lou! He's so handsome, even in a nerdy bus uniform.

I did avoid the midnite potty runs, brought the portapotty. Sorry about lack of pictures of dinner. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't. I'd never make a good reporter!!!

Running into Lou at work was one of the highlights of my trip!!! One of these days I WILL ride his bus!!!!

This was indeed a Magical trip!

Yes it was!!!

Been out of town all day and just saw this ... great TR! Keep it coming!

Can't believe you did all that driving by yourself. I can't drive an hour without getting out and walking around for awhile. Stiff neck, tunnel vision, lack of concentration. Would have taken me 2 days to get from Atlanta to the fort. BTW, I'm not much better riding long distances. At least in the moho I can get up and walk around.

Yeah, driving comes easy to me!!! I would never get to do anything if I had to stop so often!! I'm sure that day will come, but hopefully I'll be retired by then, and can slow down!!

Loving this! Plus your campsite is inspiring me. ;)

I have tent camped and flown before, and have some old pictures of that somewhere (probably here on Fort Fiends), let me know and I'll point you in the direction.