Hot Fun in the Summertime-TCD's August 2012 TR

Can I join the waiting list too??? PLEASE!!!!! I am only a three hour plane flight away from the fort.

OK, you are on the list.

I'm going to be like Octomom here pretty soon.,

Another lovely report...as usual. While it's always a bummer when they come to a close, at least with TCD, you know there's never another far behind. :heartsmiley:

I hope you're right.

I would love to be heading to the Fort for Labor Day, but I am going the opposite direction- up to see DD in Tallahassee and watch FSU start its quest for another National Championship.

Apples and oranges.

Am I worried about accidentally wondering by a smoking section where children are unknowingly exposed to 2nd hand smoke. You bet. There is pretty strong evidence that carcinogens can be exposed 2nd hand.

Am I worried that smelling liquor on someone's breath can increase kids possibility of liver disease. Well, anything is possible, but the current research doesn't support.

I'm not a scientist, so I'm relying on data supplied by the professional community. It maybe all wrong, but it's the best thing from which I can form an opinion.

I am all about freedoms as long as they don't impact others. If you are an adult, and are aware of possible risks, you should be free to smoked ad nauseam while respecting the health of those that choose not to.

A valid opinion

And well said.

I know hijacks are allowed, and quite common around here, but I feel like this one isn't a fun one and should maybe end.

I feel very bad that this was caused by a comment that I now very much regret making.

This is one of those issues that folks have very strong feelings about. But the fact is, Disney isn't going to make their parks smoke-free any time soon. A lot of people smoke, and they would lose a lot of business. By not doing it, they don't lose much, if any. I don't know of one person who stays away from WDW because people can smoke there.

As there are both non-smokers and smokers in this group, I say we just let it be. Personally, I respect whatever choices people make. And again, I am sincerely sorry for ever bringing the topic up. Especially to you, TCD.

FP4

No. No. No.

That is not how it is done here.

Real Fiends have opinions.

And thick skin.

We don't always agree.

But, everybody is entitled to his or her opinion.

And nobody is going to get upset with you for expressing it.

You did nothing wrong.

So no need to apologize.

This isn't Russia.

Or that other lame board.

You know the one that is run by tyrants?

TCD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wouldn't be breaking the" open container law" and he would have to let you on, unless you were visibly intoxicated. For those of you with the Red Solo Cups, unless you have a cover on it, you're n

I sure it has nothing to do with Uranus, BM, hanging chad, or slow movements down a canal. It has to do with the lack of beer, doesn't it?

With statements like that, I'm beginning to doubt that you actually know Bobby.

That's very nice of you to say. But I stand by my apology. I am very non-confrontational, particularly with people I've never met. Everyone here has been nothing but kind and helpful. I made a comment that may or may not have offended some members, and I don't like that.

But, I am sure it won't be the last time I'll ever do it. I will try to be more careful.

i have a thick waistline, and thick thighs, but my skin is probably medium-ish. I can take it, and I can dish it out, but only with certain people.

You're right. I wouldn't last 10 minutes over there with my sarcasm and potty mouth. Old Church Lady would dump me in a second.

"And that is all I am going to say about that".

FP4

That's very nice of you to say. But I stand by my apology. I am very non-confrontational, particularly with people I've never met. Everyone here has been nothing but kind and helpful. I made a comment that may or may not have offended some members, and I don't like that.

But, I am sure it won't be the last time I'll ever do it. I will try to be more careful.

i have a thick waistline, and thick thighs, but my skin is probably medium-ish. I can take it, and I can dish it out, but only with certain people.

You're right. I wouldn't last 10 minutes over there with my sarcasm and potty mouth. Old Church Lady would dump me in a second.

"And that is all I am going to say about that".

FP4

Fair enough.

But don't feel bad for possibly offending anyone. I don't think anyone was really offended, and some folks already expressed agreement with you.

I think we are like family here. Nobody is going to hate on you for speaking your mind.

About the only thing all Fiends agree on is they Love the Fort. Because of that I put up with their wrong opinions. :)

See? Now here's a Fiend who gets it.

Well said!

TCD

Good job, everyone.

I think we are all back to our happy place now.

"This isn't Russia"

"Is this Russia"?

"This isn't Russia"

(Caddyshack)

LOL.

Well done.

Caddyshack should be quoted whenever possible.

No offense taken here. And I respect Bobs right to his opinion. That's all I threw out was an opinion.

No sweat.

Glad to hear it. Just like the saying goes, everyone has an opinion.

Oh great... Now we're back to BO again... ;)

We are?

How did that happen?

Another excellent trip report!

You should write a book, all us newbies to the fort learn so much from you.

Michele

I should write a book.

The dinette in my camper is wobbly.

I could use it under one of the table legs.

Sorry Andrewwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'm not going to argue with someones opinion

Good man.

No worries.

I have lots of friends and family who smoke. I have never had a problem with it at the Fort. Campers are way more courteous than most folks you run into out in the real world. And this site would be pretty boring if folks got jumped on and slapped down for expressing opinions. It would be just like that other place.

TCD

And this site would be pretty boring if folks got jumped on and slapped down for expressing opinions. It would be just like that other place.

Besides, we don't need a reason to slap Bob around.

But I do care that Bob smokes, but it's for my own selfish reasons. I want him around as a friend in good health for a long long time.

Going back to the topic of the tavern and what they will be serving, I saw this on Facebook today. It explains what "Gaston's Brew" will be, and what else they will serve there.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/a-sip-of-lefous-brew-from-gastons-tavern-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0355

FP4

Going back to the topic of the tavern and what they will be serving, I saw this on Facebook today. It explains what "Gaston's Brew" will be, and what else they will serve there.

http://disneyparks.d...WFY12Q2FBDM0355

FP4

Wow, I'm surprised to learn that Gaston was carrying around Apple Juice Slurpees in those big barrels he lugs around. And that his favorite snack is cinnamon rolls. I guess I should have expected as much- the dude is French, after all.

I guess I'm not going to be hanging out in Gaston's Tavern very much.

Meh.

TCD

Ok. I finished THIS trip report last week and I finally made myself legal here. TCD, I want to say I really enjoy your pictures, information and commentary. I have lurked and read most of last years trip reports while doing research for my daughters first trip to disney. We are staying in the cabins, which is as close as I can get to camping right now. I love the humor, it has that raised in NJ feel. Please keep on writing.

Ok. I finished THIS trip report last week and I finally made myself legal here. TCD, I want to say I really enjoy your pictures, information and commentary. I have lurked and read most of last years trip reports while doing research for my daughters first trip to disney. We are staying in the cabins, which is as close as I can get to camping right now. I love the humor, it has that raised in NJ feel. Please keep on writing.

You're from Joisey?

What exit?*

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom!

So you are planning a cabin trip?

Awesome!

When are you planning to visit?

TCD

* This "what exit" thing is what everyone says to you if they find our you're from New Jersey. I don't know anyone from NJ who says this, but I thought I would for a few cheap laughs.

Exit 2 I believe was what she told me and I knew what she ment.

If that's off the NJ Turnpike she is not far from where I grew up, evrybody from Joisey know what exit they live off. I had a ski instuctor in Vt. when we were there and that was the 1st thing we asked, then he asked if we has any Tasty cakes!!!!!!

Holy cow..if I don't start reading a TCD trip report when he starts writing it, I get so far behind...all the way up to page #13 now, where the discussion is about the ugly building that will be rearing it's ugly head over our beautiful camp ground. Stopped reading , had to put in a comment....

When Eisner and the yes men were in Epcot looking at France, the question was, will the Swan and Dolphin have an effect on the scene with the Eiffil Tower. Answers were no...but guess what's rearing their heads behind France. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead: ........now back to reading, page 14 here I come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great report as usual.

Was glad to finally learn the planet/real bright star I've been watching for a few months is Ur in is...nah...that don't work, Uranis.

The talk about no booze in MK reminded me that the last time I went to MK the people in front of me at the security table had to watch as the 'guard' tossed their beer. Don't remember brand, just it was in bottles and was one of the expensive ones. Wondered if they would have been allowed to take it into Epcot or another of the parks. So next time I was at Epcot I asked a guard about it. He said all the parks would toss any alcohol. He said it's opened backstage and poured into a container, then ....ok brain freeze..but it's distroyed anyway. He said he's had to pour out a $60 bottle of whiskey. The reason he gave me is Disney has a Florida liquor license that could be in trouble cancled if people were allowed to bring their own acohol into the parks. I may have said this before...stupid old age..anyway it's a good excuse.

And the guards would never know if the acohol carrier was one of thosepaid informers checking to see if they were doing their job correctly.

Do the Dumbo rides create a hidden Mickey as seen from above?

If that's off the NJ Turnpike she is not far from where I grew up, evrybody from Joisey know what exit they live off. I had a ski instuctor in Vt. when we were there and that was the 1st thing we asked, then he asked if we has any Tasty cakes!!!!!!

Mmmmmm!

Tasty Cakes!

Boy did I miss those.

Now they sell Butterscotch Krimpets in Publix around here.

Either they changed the recipe or those things were never all that great to begin with.

I used to love them. Now, not so much.

Holy cow..if I don't start reading a TCD trip report when he starts writing it, I get so far behind...all the way up to page #13 now, where the discussion is about the ugly building that will be rearing it's ugly head over our beautiful camp ground. Stopped reading , had to put in a comment....

When Eisner and the yes men were in Epcot looking at France, the question was, will the Swan and Dolphin have an effect on the scene with the Eiffil Tower. Answers were no...but guess what's rearing their heads behind France. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead: ........now back to reading, page 14 here I come.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great report as usual.

Was glad to finally learn the planet/real bright star I've been watching for a few months is Ur in is...nah...that don't work, Uranis.

The talk about no booze in MK reminded me that the last time I went to MK the people in front of me at the security table had to watch as the 'guard' tossed their beer. Don't remember brand, just it was in bottles and was one of the expensive ones. Wondered if they would have been allowed to take it into Epcot or another of the parks. So next time I was at Epcot I asked a guard about it. He said all the parks would toss any alcohol. He said it's opened backstage and poured into a container, then ....ok brain freeze..but it's distroyed anyway. He said he's had to pour out a $60 bottle of whiskey. The reason he gave me is Disney has a Florida liquor license that could be in trouble cancled if people were allowed to bring their own acohol into the parks. I may have said this before...stupid old age..anyway it's a good excuse.

And the guards would never know if the acohol carrier was one of thosepaid informers checking to see if they were doing their job correctly.

Do the Dumbo rides create a hidden Mickey as seen from above?

Thanks for joining in.

That darned Four Seasons probably won't stick out as bad as the Swan and Dolphin. I hope. But, you're right- it's kind of the same thing. They should not be building that large a building so close to the campground.

I saw a guard carrying a six pack of beer very carefully to a back stage area from the bag check lines. The way he was carrying it suggested to me that he was being careful with it so he could enjoy it later. I'll bet not much, if any, of the booze actually gets dumped.

I never thought about the double Dumbos making a hidden Mickey. I'll have to check on that.

TCD