Help Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, IPad

well my Kindle got crushed yesteday. It came between my bedroom slide and the wall in the MH yesterday. Seems it fell out of my bag and Matt opened the slide yesterday and didn't know it was there. I went to get it last night and the screen is all messed up.

I am in the middle of a book and have most of my books (got a lot free) from the kindle app.

I had the basic Kindle. the first one I brought was a Panditigal which was a color screen and hard to read outside, so I purchased the Kindle.

Now that I have to get another one not sure what to do.

What do you have and what are your thoughts on what I should get?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have this thing that has a complete book on it. Except for the thickness, one version of it is about the same size as a Nook, Kindle, or other piece of electronic crap that you wasted your money on.

damn, I agree with Lou, but I bet I won't get any up arrows for it :techno:

i love holding a book but i can't carry 10 boxes of books in the RV....

I have a Pandigital also, but it is slow. Fine for reading, but I tried to use it as a Pad, and it was just frustratingly slow. I have also found the only time I have time to read is on airplanes, so have decided to just use the Nook app on my phone. I have to carry the phone anyway. I found having to carry and charge the reader also was a pain.

I know that's not much help, but anywho, that's my 2 cents.

I have this thing that has a complete book on it.

Except for the thickness, one version of it is about the same size as a Nook, Kindle, or other piece of electronic crap that you wasted your money on. And it never needs charging.

If it falls between a bedroom slide and the wall of a MH, there is a good chance that with a few shakes, it will still operate. In fact the slide may be damaged more than the item.

Give it a try, it's called a book. Spelled B-O-O-K.

Actually, Lou my Nook has saved me a lot of time and money. I don't have to run to the library every time I want a book. I also don't have to be wait listed for popular book. Most of the books I have downloaded are free and the ones that I have bought are about the same price as a paperback. The lend me feature is great too, I have many friends who I lend to or borrow from. I also don't have hundreds of "books" cluttering up my house anymore. :)

Love my Kindle. I like being able to read it in the sun without issues. I would get another regular Kindle for that reason alone.

While i love my "real" books I was having an issue with finding the ones i wanted as the sci-fi and fantasy areas of bookstores keep shrinking. With my Kindle I can get my books when I want them without hunting all over the state for a copy.

Actually, Lou my Nook has saved me a lot of time and money. I don't have to run to the library every time I want a book. I also don't have to be wait listed for popular book. Most of the books I have downloaded are free and the ones that I have bought are about the same price as a paperback. The lend me feature is great too, I have many friends who I lend to or borrow from. I also don't have hundreds of "books" cluttering up my house anymore. :)

If you actually ran to the library every time you wanted a book, wouldn't that be an added advantage of reading books?

So what you're saying is that you're freeloading (KIDDING) by getting those books for free or avoiding paying the author of the book by borrowing instead of doing the right thing and buying the book. Have I got that right "My Cherie"? See what I did there.

And the last point is, I forgot, what was I saying. Oh ya, you just don't want to dust them.

Do you have a book on Alzheimers that I can borrow?

damn, I agree with Lou, but I bet I won't get any up arrows for it

It's killing you, isn't it?

Even though you are both wrong, I gave you an up arrow! lol

Just what I need.

i love holding a book but i can't carry 10 boxes of books in the RV....

Ten boxes of books? Get out of that RV and do something instead of reading books.

We have the kindle, kindle Fire, and an iPad. All 3 have good points. It really depends on how you use the device. If you want mostly a reader for daylight hours I would get the Kindle. It’s lightweight, inexpensive, and easily read in direct daylight. It also has a much longer battery life than either of the other two devices. If you are reading mostly in the dark or want to read magazines or adds that are in color or use for lite surfing of the internet I would get the kindle Fire. The iPad is too heavy and expensive to use just as a reader. Don’t get me wrong I love my iPad and I do use it for reading sometimes but that is not my iPad’s principal function.

No, Lou I am not freeloading or denying authors their due. Nook offers a free book every Friday and they are among some of the best books I've read. They also offer a list of free books to choose from. Also when you borrow a book from a friend you only get to keep it for a week. You really need to educate yourself about how e-readers work.

No, Lou I am not freeloading or denying authors their due. Nook offers a free book every Friday and they are among some of the best books I've read. They also offer a list of free books to choose from. Also when you borrow a book from a friend you only get to keep it for a week. You really need to educate yourself about how e-readers work.

E-readers, is that what they're called? I don't like the sound of that.

And don't you try to confuse me with all your fancy 21st century hi tech facts Missy.

If I can't fold the corner of the page over to mark my place, I'm not reading it.