A Quick Weekend to the World - A Labor Day Getaway

Once again, we decided to make a weekend run to Disney World for Labor Day. We decided to go on Tuesday, and by Tuesday afternoon, Rhonda (Roz) had snagged us Passholder rate reservations at All-Star Music. As usual, work had a play in our plans. I had to be in Virginia on Tuesday after the weekend, but fortunately flights from Orlando are always cheaper than flights from Huntsville, so I would be able to fly directly to Virginia on Tuesday morning on the company dime. Rick would just need to drive home by himself.

Friday, August 31

I also had some extra hours earlier in the week, so got out the door early on Friday, so we got out earlier than planned. So let's goooooooooo.

Unfortunately, the earlier leaving time didn't help much because of traffic issues in Atlanta. We have learned from experience that we have to leave at 10:00 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon to avoid Atlanta traffic issues. Well due to having to visit the bank, we didn't get out till 11:30.

So finally, we arrive at All-Star Music about 1:00 in the morning, get to our room, and head to bed.

However, first we had to turn off the alarm clock that was blaring when we walked in. There were also a few other issues with the room, which we'll talk about as we go along.

Saturday, September 1

After collapsing in bed, we wake up about 10:00 on Saturday, and proceed to decide what to do with our day. As I said there were issues with our room. The drawers on the dresser wouldn't stay closed, the privacy curtain between the main bedroom and the bath was broke. I also went to call maintenance, but the phone wouldn't work, so while Rick was getting the cooler ready for the scooter, I went to the front desk. I told them about the issues, and off we go.

By the way, we were in the backside of Rock Inn which is pretty far back in the resort.

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

Now we're waiting on a bus to Epcot

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

Coming next, strolling Epcot!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm late, but I'm here! Am I the only one who think Innoventions is silly? It just seems like there's nothing of interest in there anymore. Maybe if I had little ones, I'd feel differently? I bet you

Mornin Fiends! Time to continue on.....

We arrive at Epcot. Strolling to the entrance

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Our first destination is some lunch. We decided on the Land food court. Some details along the way

IMG_1296.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

We decided to cut through Innoventions for the AC

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

On to the Land

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1310.jpg

We like the Land cause it has more selections than Burgers and Chicken Nuggets

I had fish and Corn Chowder

IMG_1311.jpg

Rick had roasted chicken and a nice salad

IMG_1312.jpg

IMG_1313.jpg

Still in the Land

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

Picture limit

I'm late, but I'm here!

Am I the only one who think Innoventions is silly? It just seems like there's nothing of interest in there anymore. Maybe if I had little ones, I'd feel differently?

I bet you missed your Tab when you found all the room issues. :(

You are off to a great start, Carol.

Hearing about your drive and your 1 am arrival time makes me appreciate the distance I have to drive to go to WDW.

I am interested to hear if your room issues were resolved. I have always found the All Star resorts to be in surprisingly good shape considering all the traffic they get.

Am I the only one who think Innoventions is silly?

Yes.

Innoventions is great.

And underappreciated.

TCD

Great Carol, a TR with plenty of pictures!

No Stefa, you are not the only one who thinks its a waste of space, I would be interested to know what you find appreciable with it Andrew, maybe I can find something worth looking at in there next time.

My kids loved that Running thing and PIggy Bank adventure in Innovations! we spent quite a bit of time in there. We also like The Land and boat ride. Looking at your photos makes me want to shout "I was JUST there!" ahh... I miss it already. Can't wait for more.

Just a quick reply to the comments. I really appreciate when everyone reads and comments on trip reports!! It really makes the report a fun read!!!!

Now to continue on!!

We're taking a rest stop before continuing our stroll to World Showcase

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

We've finally arrived in World Showcase, and you can see preparations for F&W Festival are well underway

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg