Is there a need for Daycare at Disney?

My daughter, who moved to Florida with us, has been in Daycare for over 10 years. She was wondering what people thought about offering her services at the Fort in the evenings for Mommy/Daddy times, Going out to a nice dinner, etc. I know Disney has a thing for that but like all things Disney, they may be quite expensive. Just a show of hands...do you think this is feasible?

Curt-

I am not sure about the child watching thing, but one place that I have seen an opportunity for a business is in pet watching.

Since the kennel is now off site, it is a pain to go there (not to mention expensive).

Someone offering to keep an eye on campers' pets while they are at the parks might do well. You could just make rounds on a golf cart, make sure the AC (or heat on cold days) is on, take the dogs on walks, and just keep an eye on things for people. If there's a problem, you can just call the owner to come back to the site. If you had just a few clients, it could be a nice money maker, plus a great alternative to the kennel for Fort guests.

Or better yet, combine the kid watching with the pet watching. Let the kids walk the dogs, and you sit back and observe.

TCD

That is an interesting idea. She has 2 "children with 4 legs" of her own, so she's used to all that. I'll talk with her about it. Thanks

That is a excellent idea as well.. driving them to the off site doggie daycare doesnt appeal to me in the least bit so we have always just boarded them at home in the past.

Would also be nice to board the kids at home. Disney World is no place for children. INC and I would have a blast there by ourselves.

Dave, Dave ... I know you're being snarky but you have no idea how right you are! After many trips with children, I can tell you that WDW without children is heaven!

Would also be nice to board the kids at home. Disney World is no place for children. INC and I would have a blast there by ourselves.

Dave, Dave ... I know you're being snarky but you have no idea how right you are! After many trips with children, I can tell you that WDW without children is heaven!

OK, how about this:

I buy a big 5th wheel, and tear out the interior and install a bunch of cages.

I will board your dogs or kids all day- same low price.

TCD

I actually was being honest. I really believe, even though I haven't experienced it since college, that WDW is made for adults without children. I can't wait until the day when INC and I can go there alone. Well, with just Anna anyways. :rofl3:

I actually was being honest. I really believe, even though I haven't experienced it since college, that WDW is made for adults without children. I can't wait until the day when INC and I can go there alone. Well, with just Anna anyways. :rofl3:

One of Rick's favorite things to say

"You don't bring kids to Disney World"

:)

I've heard Brian say more than once at WDW, "what are all these kids doing here?"

Exactly, Brian is a very smart man. WDW is not for kids.

They only slow things down and get in the adults way.

Get a sitter and leave them at home.

Of course, I have an ulterior motive, they want be riding the buses while they scream their little heads off for no reason.

That seems to be a common theme among Fiends. Why bring kids and ruin the fun! I think I appreciate Disney much more now, than I did as a child and I know my Mama does!

Maybe thats why we aren't having kids. We don't want to share Disney World with them...hmmmmm