TCD's Pre-Halloween 2012 Trip Report

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, I was in my prime then! :)

Any parent that tells you they don't snatch their favorite candy from their kids' Halloween stash is either lying or is allergic to chocolate. And I only put that last choice there for Jen. My kids

Okay....i cant believe you didnt buy the fifteen shirts and am puzzled why you didnt ask daisy duke for directions to her favorite stores?

This is going to be a post devoted soley to photos of Fred and Lamont's site.

After that, we won't look at it again.

I am not gong to not express my personal opinions about this site.

I do not know the people who did the decorating.

For all I know, they could be members of this board.

They certainly could be future members.

And they could be wonderful folks.

So, I am choosing to be kind.

But, I still want to share this with you.

Because it really is something to see.

We start here at the corner where there are two tents as well as a fence:

FW101812267.jpg

The actual pad for this site is quite a ways from here.

The little tent is just a play tent:

FW101812268.jpg

The big tent looks like it might be used for sleeping.

Kind of like getting two sites in one,

This is the view from the corner of the big tent looking toward the actual site pad:

FW101812269.jpg

The area between the big tent and the pad is full of all decorations of every kind- you can also see in this photo that there is an EZ-up awning with a bamboo screen around it:

FW101812270.jpg

This is a shot of the corner of the site where the tents are:

FW101812271.jpg

Now we are a bit closer to the pad, where we see that the fence continues and a lot of fake spider webs:

FW101812272.jpg

More decorations:

FW101812273.jpg

Now we are close to the pad- you can see that they have a trailer set up on the pad along with a carport and many tarps:

FW101812274.jpg

This is the flamingo section:

FW101812275.jpg

This is a look back into the site- they have a full sized fridge on the porch and a big animal cage:

FW101812276.jpg

This stuff is on the side of the pad:

FW101812277.jpg

This is one of the tarps:

FW101812278.jpg

This decoration is posted on one side of the carport right by the main loop road, so everyone who drives by can see:

FW101812279.jpg

Here's a peek inside the carport:

FW101812280.jpg

This is the other side of the pad- the decorations go right up to the site next door:

FW101812281.jpg

The next door neighbor also has a carport and animal cages:

FW101812282.jpg

FW101812283.jpg

Now we are looking back between the sites:

FW101812284.jpg

These decorations are next to the carport:

FW101812285.jpg

Let's take a look in the carport:

FW101812286.jpg

FW101812287.jpg

FW101812288.jpg

Now we are at the back of the site to see how things look here- this gives us a good look at the tiki hut and the cooling system for the trailer:

FW101812292.jpg

And one last look at the area between the tent and trailer:

FW101812293.jpg

That is what you would see if you were on the 1800 loop between now and Halloween.

As I said, we will move on from here.

Next up, we will check out some new landscaping and fences in the Meadow Recreation Area.

TCD

Nice bass? Now that is creepy! As is that monstrosity. Ugh.

I forgot that I took a picture just for you the night we were there a couple of weeks ago. Here it is:

IMG_2836.jpg

I know I probably don't need to tell you where it is because you know the Fort better than most, but we were waiting for the bus and my son said, "look Mom, you can see those cranes over there". Then I noticed that we were looking at them up over the TCD ranch, and knew I had to get a picture just for you! You're welcome.

As for site 18xx: more has been added since we were there earlier in the month. And I have no doubt that Sandy will cause quite a bit of havoc with all of that. Since I posted this morning over on Devores' thread about the weather, the wind has picked up quite a bit here in my area of FL and I saw a photo online of a person walking on a pier near Ponce Inlet that showed it was even worse down there. So I am certain central FL is getting it's share.

That is some set-up. And I love how you pointed out the "cooling system". hehe.

Did anyone see the truck they used to get all that stuff to the Fort, I know they did not fit it all in that trailer!!!!!!!!

Those folks were there with a load of other stuff when I was at the Fort in August. I don't know how they got it there, but you're right- no way would it all fit in that trailer.

Nice bass? Now that is creepy! As is that monstrosity. Ugh.

I forgot that I took a picture just for you the night we were there a couple of weeks ago. Here it is:

IMG_2836.jpg

I know I probably don't need to tell you where it is because you know the Fort better than most, but we were waiting for the bus and my son said, "look Mom, you can see those cranes over there". Then I noticed that we were looking at them up over the TCD ranch, and knew I had to get a picture just for you! You're welcome.

As for site 18xx: more has been added since we were there earlier in the month. And I have no doubt that Sandy will cause quite a bit of havoc with all of that. Since I posted this morning over on Devores' thread about the weather, the wind has picked up quite a bit here in my area of FL and I saw a photo online of a person walking on a pier near Ponce Inlet that showed it was even worse down there. So I am certain central FL is getting it's share.

That is some set-up. And I love how you pointed out the "cooling system". hehe.

What's creepy? The kid has a nice bass there in his hands. ;)

Thanks for the photo- even though I hate the cranes. What I am afraid of is once that hotel is finished and they light it up at night, we are going to see the whole blessed thing from the Fort.

We haven't gotten any wind to speak of all the way over here on the Gulf coast.

Wow did they bring a semi to carry all of that stuff!

At least a semi.

TCD

Nice bass? Now that is creepy!

:rofl2: I have to agree with FP4 on this one, Andrew. Since you can't see the bass in the photo and the guy IS bent over, it's slightly weird.

Now I'm super glad that you didn't get any mens room photos. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

And while we're on the mens room...a double sided trough?! That's funky, strange and possibly messy. Am I the only one picturing a sword fight? ???

I am all for Halloween decorations, but sometimes less is more. When I first saw it I immediately thought of Norm.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

:rofl2: I have to agree with FP4 on this one, Andrew. Since you can't see the bass in the photo and the guy IS bent over, it's slightly weird.

Now I'm super glad that you didn't get any mens room photos. Wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea.

And while we're on the mens room...a double sided trough?! That's funky, strange and possibly messy. Am I the only one picturing a sword fight? ???

I am all for Halloween decorations, but sometimes less is more. When I first saw it I immediately thought of Norm.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

OK-

I fixed the photo.

Now can I say "Nice Bass!" to this guy and in not sound creepy? :

bass.jpg

Sword fight? :panic:

And other bad stuff could happen too.

I wonder what kind of place Aaron was in where he saw a double trough?

Probably wasn't a race track or stadium.

I hope Norm sees Fred and Lamont's Halloween decorations. I don't think they had them out when he was there.

TCD

And the pilgrim hat isnt new and appears to be connected to that box with the solar panels on it. hmmm. I wonder if i can disassemble it and figure out what it is in January.

I like how you think, Jason.

But, I'm not sure if you can read the plaque on the metal box:

100_2826.jpg

Right across the top it says: "U.S. Government Property."

What U.S. Government Property is doing there and why, I don't know.

But, I'm not sure if disassembling it would be a good idea.

TCD

I like how you think, Jason.

But, I'm not sure if you can read the plaque on the metal box:

100_2826.jpg

Right across the top it says: "U.S. Government Property."

What U.S. Government Property is doing there and why, I don't know.

But, I'm not sure if disassembling it would be a good idea.

TCD

I did see that. I was gonna go with government surplus materials for my defense....Disassembly probably not the best idea. Maybe I can enhance the picture to find out what it says.

I did see that. I was gonna go with government surplus materials for my defense....Disassembly probably not the best idea. Maybe I can enhance the picture to find out what it says.

I don't think enhancing will help. I couldn't read it seeing it in person. Obviously, this has something to do with controling the water level in the canal.

Or, something to do with aliens.

Are you all saying that the cranes are visible from the TCD Ranch? So that, presumably, the hotel itself will be visible from there? I guess I shouldn't be too concerned about that, as the TCD Ranch itself will be a parking lot at some point, but WTF?!

That photo is from the trail ride part of the TCD ranch- up by the Outpost- that isn't going to be a parking lot. But yes, you can see the cranes from the Outpost bus stop, and the building itself from the overflow parking lot.

More bothersome is the fact that you can see the cranes from the main road by the 400 loop, and from the back way out of the 300 loop by the canal.

Like I said, at night, when they light up that hotel the way all the hotels on property are illuminated at night, I am afraid that we will be able to see the thing from the Fort campsites.

TCD I think this maybe the same campers.

You are right, Todd, it is.

They have a lot of the same stuff.

Your photo is from when they were on the 1000 loop., which was two years ago.

Last year, they were on the 100 loop.

I have seen them in years past, but this year, they are staying an extra long time, and they have a trailer.

TCD

I just figured out that when you wrote it was "Fred and Lamont's site" you were making a Sanford and Son reference. For a minute I thought it really was the site of two men, who....maybe like to wear red shirts? I should have known that was not the case however, as red shirt wearing guys usually are not so tacky. It then occured to me that perhaps all Fort guests should junk up their sites and force those lazy-river riding asswipes next door to to look over this mess for their 4-figure-a-night view of the MK. Hell, with enough rope lights and spot lights on inflatables we could probably keep them from seeing Wishes at all! >:D

Male bathroom etiquette...check

Chap Jiggling...check

Nice bass...check

I'm afraid for what will happen to this report over the weekend while you are away.

BTW, the pictures of the guy fishing with the crane and skeleton in the background make me ill. Just not right. And the decorations, wow, just wow. We saw them last year and couldn't believe it.

I agree!!!! :clint:

TCD you know you get points for that pic right? Just ask FP4 or Mrs. Robinson. :rofl2:

Hey!

Oh right. I do have a dirty mind sometimes. But at least I don't blurt out things like our little friend talking about being "on top" of Andrew…...

Wait until you see the ones I took at the pool from our trip. Fair warning, there is a speedo involved.

ipads are horrible cameras. That woman would be better off with a cheap digital from Wally World.

I believe it is legal to hunt cats on Disney property without a license. I will find out.

Oval trough=Pontiac Silverdome where the Lions played formerly

I am pretty sure Joe Louis Arena and Michigan Stadium both have the oval trough or did formerly

The joke was funny though since I am completely secure!

The mingos look like they have purple beeks and mickey hats on so they could very well be Fiends.

Looking forward to the River Country return!

Enjoying the report! We are never fortunate enough to have time off at Halloween so keep the pictures coming.

I have the SOTMK card you need, PM me if you still need it. You have probably noticed my Avatar is one of the cards.

BTW were there any new portals in Future World or New Fantasyland?