Ultimate Bragging Rights! TCD's New Fantasyland Passholder Preview TR

Are you old enough to remember Edith Ann?

TCD

Unfortunately, yes.

Now you understand why my camp chair, is a beach chair. What you felt like in that one chair, I feel like in every chair.

#shortgirlproblems

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have ever read a TCD trip report, you are familiar with my use of cliffhangers. I am going to go against the grain for this TR. We will go right to the money shots: Those photos were taken at

We are scheduled to fly out on Saturday and our family is worried we won't get out due to the storm. I don't know why they're worried - We'll just drive or I'll fly the plane myself. We are going no m

Beer at the MK? Dislike. Dislike very, very much. [TROLL RANT ON] Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!" What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes foreve

Since sausage humor is off the table, so to speak, I would just like to quote the Sage of South of the Border, Pedro, who said: "You never sausage a place."

Unfortunately, yes.

Now you understand why my camp chair, is a beach chair. What you felt like in that one chair, I feel like in every chair.

#shortgirlproblems

LOL @ your hashtag.

Funny!

Party pooper. Phil Dunphy wouldn't stop the sausage talk.

Maybe the door is for a troll? Again, never watched BATB so probably a dumb answer…..

I remember Edith Ann! (insert raspberry)

Yes, you are right. I guess I'm not as cool as Phil after all.

Y'all can talk about sausages if you want to.

It was just making me sad, knowing that this is the last weekend to get one at the Food and Wine Festival.

Yup, you're right- that is a bad guess-there aren't any trolls in Beauty and the Beast.

Good job on the Edith Ann raspberry.

Since sausage humor is off the table, so to speak, I would just like to quote the Sage of South of the Border, Pedro, who said: "You never sausage a place."

Nice.

Now you are quoting philosphers?

That would still have been a violation of the sausage moratorium. Good thing I lifted it, or I would have to report you.

The only thing I miss about the drive from Joisey to Florida is the South of the Border billboards.

TCD

The only thing I miss about the drive from Joisey to Florida is the South of the Border billboards.

That was the best part of the trip to Florida as a kid. Someone would say something and South of the Border would get added to it.. for example: I have to go to the bathroom (which of course the response would be) South of the Border.

That was the best part of the trip to Florida as a kid. Someone would say something and South of the Border would get added to it.. for example: I have to go to the bathroom (which of course the response would be) South of the Border.

Hmmm.

This is news to me.

My brother and sisters would have liked this game.

Too bad we didn't know about it and wasted our time trying to get truck drivers to honk their horns. South of the Border.

TCD

When I started this TR, I had every intention of finishing it in a couple of days.

But, that ain't going to happen.

I am going to make one more full update today, and then you will have to come back for the rest on Monday.

Make sure to come back, as there is still one more new thing that you need to see after the new thing you're about to see in this post.

To reset things, we had just visited the fish girl, and now we are going to ride her ride.

If you have ever read a TCD TR before, you know that I never miss an opportunity to criticize the Disney organization for the bone-head things they do.

So, a compliment from me to Disney means a lot.

And, I'm here to tell you that they knocked it out of the park with this New Fantasyland stuff.

The thing that really strikes me is how much attention went to the details of all the you see here. It is all new, and it is a feast for the eyes.

With that said, please join me for a walk through the queue for the Ariel ride.

We enter through these big arches. Each one has a really ornate light fixture hanging in it:

FantasylandPP114.jpg

That little row boat you see over there is a nod to a scene in the movie:

FantasylandPP115.jpg

There are bird footprints in the queue. I believe that these are supposed to belong to a certain seagull whom we will be meeting in just a few moments:

FantasylandPP116.jpg

Here we are looking back from in the queue toward the entrance. You can see that arch from the first photo there on the left in this photo. Also note the construction straight ahead- this is adjacent to the Mine Train ride, but faces the Ariel attraction. I am predicting that these are going to be a gift shop and other buildings relating to the Little Mermaid ride:

FantasylandPP117.jpg

Here's another look back at those arches:

FantasylandPP118.jpg

And a look at the Mine Train ride under construction:

FantasylandPP119.jpg

Check out this shot of Prince Eric's castle behind this tree- this big tree had to have been brought in here and planted as all of this area is new:

FantasylandPP120.jpg

That last photo kind of illustrates what I meant when I said they knocked it out of the park. Just look at that! It's like you have been transported to some other place and time.

Speaking of details, there are more light fixtures and waterfalls back here than you can shake a sausage stick at:

FantasylandPP121.jpg

There are lots of twists an turns in the queue:

FantasylandPP122.jpg

That last photo makes it look like the line was long, but it really wasn't long. People were just stopping a lot to look and take photos.

More scuttle footprints and embedded shells:

FantasylandPP123.jpg

Just look at this amazing view:

FantasylandPP124.jpg

Another waterfall:

FantasylandPP125.jpg

As we wound through the queue, we came to more and more shipwreck debris:

FantasylandPP126.jpg

FantasylandPP127.jpg

Yet another waterfall:

FantasylandPP128.jpg

There were a lot of starfish used througout the queue:

FantasylandPP129.jpg

After a bit, we enter into a covered area, but even here, there are openings overhead:

FantasylandPP130.jpg

FantasylandPP131.jpg

Photo op:

FantasylandPP132.jpg

So, we have seen a lot of photos of rocks.

That's because I took a lot of photos of rocks.

Why?

I was looking for something.

I had heard that there was a hidden tribute to the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride somewhere in the rock work.

We had looked to no avail when we were here two weeks ago.

But, today, we found it.

It's right over there on the wall:

FantasylandPP133.jpg

Do you see it?

How about now:

20KSub.jpg

I was pretty pumped that I found it.

The girls said that wasn't a submarine.

But, it definitely is.

See? :

20KSubOrig.jpg

Here's a couple of more looks at it:

FantasylandPP134.jpg

FantasylandPP135.jpg

I am counting that as the second cool new thing we saw today.

Wreck in Ralph was #1.

This Nautalis is #2.

The beer is #4.

That leaves #3. We won't be getting to that until the next post.

For now, let's finish with the Ariel queue photos.

There are some cool new waterfountains here:

FantasylandPP136.jpg

This next photo should have come out cooler. This is taken from below a figurehead from a ship, looking up to an opening in the ceiling. You can see the face of the figurehead on the right:

FantasylandPP139.jpg

Here's a few more photos of the shipwreck debris you see in the queue:

FantasylandPP141.jpg

FantasylandPP142.jpg

FantasylandPP143.jpg

And that isn't half of it.

No wonder the line was moving so slow.

As you wind your way through the queue, you enter and leave several rooms. There was a room we walked through last time that we didn't walk through this time- I think they open and close these rooms as may be needed. Which is smart.

One of the rooms has an animatronic Scuttle who says funny things:

FantasylandPP144.jpg

Scuttle has a surprisingly big presence in this ride.

We really haven't seen too much of him around WDW, but he's a major figure in this ride.

Wasn't he a drunk?

It's kind of odd that he is suddenly back in the limelight.

That's all the Ariel ride photos I have.

Next up, we go hunting for Gaston.

And, I will show you the third cool new thing that we saw.

TCD

That is one of my favorites. We drive up 95 every summer, from FL to PA. The signs definitely provide entertainment for the kids. I still don't get why there are so many now, though. The place is pretty much a dump. Maybe if they spent half of what they do on billboard rentals, they could do some sprucing up!

800px-south_of_the_border_sign_10_-_you_never_sausage_a_place.jpg

TCD I am cracking up at the thought of you and your siblings sticking your arms out the windows at a right angle trying to get truckers to honk.

South of the Border.

Your daughter is very observant. We have had an odd path with the twins' braces. Twin #2's teeth came in way faster than Twin #1's. So, she got her braces on a long time ago, and now has them off. Twin #1 wasn't ready for braces until this year. It worked out good for us, because I got to pay for one daughter at a time, but the poor girl is going to still have braces on when she goes to college. On the bright side, maybe that will keep the boys away. We did spring for the clear ones, and they are much less noticeable than Twin #2's were.

TCD

That was why she pointed them out, she was jealous that they were the clear ones! We've had two in braces, the third one coming up...ouch. Wishful thinking on the braces keeping the boys away, ha!

We stopped at the Fire Station for our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. We still didn't get a Maximus. Fail. I had told the girls that today was definitely going to be the day when we completed our collection. They didn't know it, but I had a plan B. I had brought some cards to trade, which we haven't done much of, and I intended to try to track down a Maximus card that way. In case you aren't familiar with SOTMK cards, there are 60 in general circulation available to guests. We had collected 59. Actually, we have two sets of 59. We were just missing that Maximus card.

Please tell me you didn't set up at a table in Tortega Tavern and become that creepy guy enticing little children to trade SOTMK cards.

FantasylandPP104.jpg

Love this photo. She looks like she's singing to her.

I guess I need to actually watch the Little Mermaid before I go to MK next. Although sadly I have LOTS of time to do that. It's one of the few Disney movies I've never seen. I love Beauty and the Beast, though. No one smells like Gaston...

That is one of my favorites. We drive up 95 every summer, from FL to PA. The signs definitely provide entertainment for the kids. I still don't get why there are so many now, though. The place is pretty much a dump. Maybe if they spent half of what they do on billboard rentals, they could do some sprucing up!

TCD I am cracking up at the thought of you and your siblings sticking your arms out the windows at a right angle trying to get truckers to honk.

South of the Border.

Nice job, FP4!

This must be a newer sign. I don't remember it. As far as South of the Border being a dump, it has probably been 30 years since I have been there, but it was pretty much a dump the last time I saw it.

The people who own it are geniuses, though. We always wanted to stop there. But for those billboards I'm sure we never would have.

That was why she pointed them out, she was jealous that they were the clear ones! We've had two in braces, the third one coming up...ouch. Wishful thinking on the braces keeping the boys away, ha!

I feel your pain. The girls drive themselves to the orthodontist now. Which I am thankful for. I don't have to look at the nice car I bought the doctor that way.

Please tell me you didn't set up at a table in Tortega Tavern and become that creepy guy enticing little children to trade SOTMK cards.

LOL!

That's what the girls say I'm going to be doing next year after they leave for college.

And hold that thought.

As a matter of fact, we did pay a visit to Tortuga Tavern on this trip.

Love this photo. She looks like she's singing to her.

I guess I need to actually watch the Little Mermaid before I go to MK next. Although sadly I have LOTS of time to do that. It's one of the few Disney movies I've never seen. I love Beauty and the Beast, though. No one smells like Gaston...

I highly recommend that you watch the movies before you visit.

It's been a long time since I watched the Little Mermaid. I'm sure there are a lot of details I missed.

As far as Beauty and the Beast goes, you must watch that too. As I mentioned, we all watched it before this visit, and the details we noticed were amazing.

Except I still can't figure out what that little door is.

TCD

I highly recommend that you watch the movies before you visit.

It's been a long time since I watched the Little Mermaid. I'm sure there are a lot of details I missed.

As far as Beauty and the Beast goes, you must watch that too. As I mentioned, we all watched it before this visit, and the details we noticed were amazing.

Except I still can't figure out what that little door is.

TCD

My guess on the little door is that it allows access to mechanicals in the new section. Since we have no underground tunnels in this area, pipes and electric have to be placed at some elevations and still have access for repairs.... Not exciting... yeah I know... but they have to put it somewhere...

My guess on the little door is that it allows access to mechanicals in the new section. Since we have no underground tunnels in this area, pipes and electric have to be placed at some elevations and still have access for repairs.... Not exciting... yeah I know... but they have to put it somewhere...

That's a good guess.

But, I don't think so.

The door is really small, so it wouldn't give access to much, and right around the corner, is backstage, so they could put whatever they needed access to over there.

Plus, I'm not sure if that door actually could open. I think it's just a prop.

But, I'm not sure. So, I will file your guess away, and on some future visit, when I solve this mystery, If it turns out you were right, you get Bragging Rights.

Awesome updates!

It was great finally meeting you too!

Kudos to you for finding the submarine. I didn't.

I'm glad to hear you got a chance to see the new stuff.

I'm sure that will be covered in your trip report.

TCD

That's a good guess.

But, I don't think so.

The door is really small, so it wouldn't give access to much, and right around the corner, is backstage, so they could put whatever they needed access to over there.

Plus, I'm not sure if that door actually could open. I think it's just a prop.

But, I'm not sure. So, I will file your guess away, and on some future visit, when I solve this mystery, If it turns out you were right, you get Bragging Rights.

I'm glad to hear you got a chance to see the new stuff.

I'm sure that will be covered in your trip report.

TCD

Of course!

South of the Border.

I think I might cry.