This is NOT a trip report

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay Mo i just played with it real quick to figure it out for you. if you click on an individual photo in your photostream there is an option to share at the top. Once you click on that you will see

There is something to be said for the Reader's Digest update. :rofl2:

Today was our last day with the in-laws. We spent some time in MK and finally got the chance to play Sorcerers of the MK. I enjoyed it and the cards are a fun (and FREE) collectible.

Caught the last half of the Patriots game with friends at ESPN. For F&W fans, they have the very popular Leinenkugel Berry Weiss on the menu. Since the festival ran out before we got there I finally got to enjoy a glass (or 3)

MK is open until 3am again but we may skip this one... Unless I get a sudden burst of energy (unlikely)

Hit both Character Premier outlets today. Both were pretty well stocked with lots of good stuff a day some decent bargains. Got a big bag full of goodies for what 3 sweatshirts would have cost us in the parks.

What does it say about me that I'm more jealous of this than of anything else in your TR.

What does it say about me that I'm more jealous of this than of anything else in your TR.

LOL!

Actually had a woman stop me in MK the other night to ask where I got my nylon folds-into-a-pouch Disney Parks jacket. When I told her it was $5 at the outlets she said I should have bought them all and sold them on eBay!

Dan - major bummer about Gronk's arm but it was good to see the new guy and some others stepping up.

Today is a Fort day. I am actually at the comfort station doing laundry now. We may head to Kona for sushi tonight.

After hitting the parks hard last week, it's nice to take a breather.

Oh and why is it that laundry is much less of a chore when you use a golf cart to get there and are sipping coffee from your "happy camper" mug at the Fort?

8)

I cannot express in words how depressed I am that we are home now. Eric and I had a great time with Brian and Monique on our first "real" vacation at the Fort. Can't wait to go back ;D

SO glad you could spend the week - just wish it could have been longer!

Hope you had a great time and glad you got home safely.

Hey MO,

Just read "somewhere" that the analog channels on the Disney DirectTV lineup have been discontinued, only digital channels.

Could you confirm?

If that's true, then those of you that have older TVs in your rigs will need a digital converter to get the channels on the Disney cable. From what I understand, they have converters for check-out from the front desk on a first come first served basis, with the same deposit requirements as the cable modems.

Note to self: Just take my laundry by Mo's next week...

LOL

Saw Rita and her son this morning.

Did some looping this afternoon and saw a few signs but most folks were out. We did catch the elusive TCD who kindly spiked Turkey Pants in absentia as they left yesterday.

It's quite chilly today - barely in the 60s. Didn't stop us though. We just threw on a couple of layers.

Had a Southern Smothered Hot Dog for lunch. It really should be terrible but it's oh-so-good!

Did a bit of poking around by River Country. Not much to report there. Got a few pics through the fence but nothing newsworthy.

Got flagged down in the 100 loop by a woman who asked if we drink coffee (?) Sure we do! She then proceeds to hand us a bag full of high end coffee she didn't want to pack.

Only at the Fort!

Brains are scrambled as I'm pretty sure I went upside down about a dozen times today. Still love UO/IoA for coasters and thrilled rides around these parts.

Did WWOHP again too. Geez it's still impressive hos much detail they put into Hogsmead and the Forbidden Journey ride queue.

Oh and frozen butter beer is better. :-)

Saw UO's new "nighttime spectacular" tonight too. It was definitely impressive although not quite Disney impressive IMO. And the downside is that the did it at park close which means EVERYONE leaves the park at the same time. Which makes the trek to the parking lot that much more fun. Not.

Oh and there is a TON of construction at UO, with construction walls everywhere. And pretty much the entire section over the park where Jaws was is completely gone.

Brains are scrambled as I'm pretty sure I went upside down about a dozen times today. Still love UO/IoA for coasters and thrilled rides around these parts.

Did WWOHP again too. Geez it's still impressive hos much detail they put into Hogsmead and the Forbidden Journey ride queue.

Oh and frozen butter beer is better. :-)

Saw UO's new "nighttime spectacular" tonight too. It was definitely impressive although not quite Disney impressive IMO. And the downside is that the did it at park close which means EVERYONE leaves the park at the same time. Which makes the trek to the parking lot that much more fun. Not.

Oh and there is a TON of construction at UO, with construction walls everywhere. And pretty much the entire section over the park where Jaws was is completely gone.

Never been there and doubt will ever go. I would have liked it in my teens but now Rockin Roller Coaster is enough for me but I love that ride. It's pure relaxation.

Just checked in and waiting to be called for dinner at Be Our Guest.

FYI - they are NOT fully booked and are currently taking walk ups with about a 90min wait. Not sure if that is for parties of any particular size, but someone with a party of 2 walked up just as we were checking in.

Oh forgot to mention Sunday that Boardwalk was enforcing "holiday parking" Had to show I'D at the gate and our options were valet parking or the lot across the street.

Haven't seen any signs of similar enforcements at the Fort - at least they haven't put any signs out or anything.

Dinner at BOG was excellent. The details and theming inside are just amazing. Took photos but they won't do it justice.

I thought the food was quite good and prices weren't crazy by Disney standards.

Had the scallops and shrimp in puff pastry with lobster sauce which was delicious! Mussels appetizer was also very good. Portions were not skimpy either.

Brian liked his salmon but didn't think it was super impressive. Friend had steak and it was cooked perfectly, large and she said very good. Soups were both very good.

Desserts were somewhat small but a nice light finish to the meal.

Beast was there for pics after dinner in the library.

Overall a great meal and excellent experience. Even if you can only get in during the day I recommend checking it out.

Oh and alcohol was definitely consumed! Friends shared a few bottles of a nice Rose and the rest of us tried the Belgian beers. I enjoyed the Hoegarden and DH had the Saison Dupont.

One last tip... We watched the fireworks from right outside. Awesome spot.

Well this should be interesting... were going to head back to Magic Kingdom to watch fireworks and found out that there will be special fireworks going off just off the Fort beach in Bay lake for a private party on Clementine's beach.

They have barges setup not far off shore and are stopping boat traffic for an hour.

Boat captain said the party is being put on by the owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

To repeat what I just posted on Facebook...

Holy crap on a cracker. That was INSANE!! Probably the best fireworks display I have ever seen ANYWHERE. It was probably 20 minutes long and shot off from less than 100 yards off the Fort beach. It included things I have never seen... Oh and a brief period of burning embers raining from the sky.

Friends in 600 watched it from their MH and after the ridiculous finale said all they heard were dogs barking and car alarms going off!

Happy birthday Penny - whoever you are.