Ok, so I admit I'm a habitual lurker. However I have greatly enjoyed this communities wit, wisdom, and hijinks over the years. Both at the other place and since this one got started.

This is not our first trip to Disney or our first trip camping. It is definitely my first trip camping at Disney. My wife stayed at ft wilderness on her trips as a kid, but today is my first time setting foot on fort property.

Our trip down was interrupted by a blowout on my popup in South Carolina. Two new tires and several hours late we pulled into the Fort. It was late enough we only half setup and sent the kids to bed. We had requested the 1500 loop based on what I've read here, but ended up in 2000.

All this to say I have a newbie question. The sign on the water spigot at our site says for campfires only, do not drink. I understand there is no dump site here, but where am I supposed to get potable water? I did bring my blue hose I use for that purpose.

Thanks much,

Wrekless

Although the green hose does add an interesting flavor to the water.

Wrekless, Welcome!

There should be two spiguts. One with a green hose attached, which is for cleaning hoses, and one for potable water. Well that is the set up on the full, preferred and premium sites.

However, since you are on the 2000 loop, where things get crazy a good bit and I believe a partial setup, things could be different.

I suggest, you either head up to the Front desk, or contact maintenance via the house phone at the confort station. Probably maintenance would be the best plan since they would know more (hoepfull) than the front desk.

Hope you enjoy your stay!!!!!!

The front desk is no help, trust me. Engineering is. But yes, others are right. The green hose is what they use to wash down the site, but the other connection is for drinking... At least I've used it for coffee and all and never had a problem.

Even at its best, I have found Florida water to be some of the worst tasting water I have encountered, with the possible exception of central California water which has a certain amount of sea water in it. If you don't bring in your own water or buy bottled water, I have found that a Camco in line filter makes the water at the Fort acceptable.

I have it on good authority that maintenance/engineering is an entirely separate department than the front desk, and doesn't even report to the front desk, and actually has a lots more hands-on knowledge and control of the actual campsites.

So if you need something at your site, I'd flag down someone in maintenance. If you call the front desk, they're just going to pass along the call anyway, and better to go straight to the source.

We put our hose where the green one was. I'll report back if it kills us.

We are in 2062 if you want to stop by, but we are going to be in and out all week.

Loop 2000 is living up to its reputation. There was a large multisite fiesta going on last night with a group on their last night here. Complete with drunks stumbling into random campsites looking for their tents. They had a lot to say but I didn't understand a word of it.

We are having a blast though.

I have the two spigots. One is the green hose. The other is hooked up to a timer to water the surrounding vegitation. (aren't I lucky).

That sounds like a previous occupant removed the "wye" connection that is used on most of the timers.

I have the two spigots. One is the green hose. The other is hooked up to a timer to water the surrounding vegitation. (aren't I lucky).

I visited when they were installing the vegetation and sprinklers. I thought they would come back and make a permanent connection. Guess I was wrong.
  • 2 weeks later...

When we first started camping at the Fort, we were tent camping and then graduated to a pop-up. The 2000 loop is the default loop for that type of camping and that's where we always got stashed. After a couple of years of this, dealing with the loud parties and children playing in the street that refused to move for anyone, we told the front desk that we would not stay there again, and we did get other loops shortly after. I rode through there on my bike last month when we were there, and it appears that not much has changed.