Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

It was great meeting y'all. Thanks for the beer and the jello shot. Y'all really are nice people and I enjoyed talking with Trevor. My wife wanted to meet y'all but it never worked out. I really thought we would see y'all again but when we came by the cart was gone.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

Middle of page 2 Bragging Rights for me!

You are off to a great start.

So what was with that "You look like a nice lady comment?" I thought that was going to be followed up with the CM giving you something. What The Fort was that all about?

I see that Lonestar was at the Fort. I was looking for y'all at Thanksgiving. You must have come later this year.

It's also nice to see a Lil Lisa post.

Oh yeah- what ended up happening with your cooler? Was it just the transformer or is the whole thing shot? I have that same cooler, and I don't think mine works anymore. My transformer is still good- the cooling part seems to have died. So let me know if you need a transformer.

Bring on the rest!

TCD

Wow! I am extremely humbled by all the responses.

I have a buy week ahead, so I may not be as fast as I normally am, but I'm trying.

I'm in, looks like another great trip report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard! I'll do my best.

Looks like a good time! I'm in for this one!

It was a great time. Thanks so much for joining.

I'm in early! :)

Yay Rita!! You will be making an appearance soon.

I'm here too! Can't wait to see what happens next!

We've spent so much time together, you could probably write the rest! :highfive:

Happy to have you!

I'm in... And on the first page too!

Good job Betsy and thanks for joining!

Me too, I'm in! Glad you made it there safely!

Thanks, me too! Sometimes I wonder how some people even possess a license.

:pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Thanks for making snacks TJ! (and for not one, but TWO, bear hugs!)

I'm in. That story about the cooler sounds like a decent explanation for chilling the punch keg-style. Then again, I don't think anyone would notice after a glass or two.

Brent!! We've decided keg-style actually keeps it colder than the cooler so it worked out just fine.

And yes, after a few glasses, nobody really cares.

Thanks to Justin, you may have had more than one.......I'll let him explain himself. ^-^

I'm just glad to see that the punch was well taken care of!!!

Of course! Priorities ya know.

I'm in! Wonder if its still page 1 or I got the boot to 2?!?

Nope, you made it! Thanks so much for reading along.

Brent!! We've decided keg-style actually keeps it colder than the cooler so it worked out just fine.

And yes, after a few glasses, nobody really cares.

Thanks to Justin, you may have had more than one.......I'll let him explain himself. ^-^

<spoiler alert> We already know that Justin doesn't remember what happened that day.

I'm in! Love Mason! I have 2 goldens! Great Dogs!

Glad to have you in!

I've always had English bulldogs until we got Mason. He really is the best, smartest dog I've ever owned. I would have 10 of them if I could afford to take care of that many. I'd love to see yours!

I had one glass of punch while waiting for Rita to arrive - then another after picking up her and Chris and bringing them back. I had no trouble noticing or recalling - unlike certain people.

Yes Ed, you maintained quite well. Though I do have a picture coming up where you're shooting me gang signs. ;D

Seems like Ive heard this TR before.....Sorry I didnt get to see you before you left. I dropped by the Monday night but didnt see anyone around.

This did happen before when Trevor left the cooler behind on accident.

We did the processional on Monday night. I'm sorry too, but I'll see you in january when I work out our schedule with Jordan.

Waiting....toe tapping.

:D

Sorry your start was so shaky. Hope the rest made up for it.

Hey Annie, glad to have you along. The rest of the trip more than made up for the rough start.

Update coming in a few!

Mason pic :jumpforjoy

Test Pic :parrot:

What that they say, a pic is worth a thousand or 2?

I don't think either.

:clint:

I know you got a lot going on right now, thanks for jumping in. :heart:

I'm glad you enjoyed the pics. 2k or 5k, either or.

I know you don't think, but thanks for being honest.

Count me in. I am getting more and more excited about my trip next month! I will live through yours and everyone else's until I can get there.

Happy to have you Jason. You're trip will be here before you know it.

More coming right up.

I am in literally. Punch, jello shots and chicken and dumplins. Oh, that's like later though.

Yes, you were literally in, but don't get ahead of me. I promise I'll get to all of that soon.

I think I squeaked in on page 1.

I've been told that you have a habit of squeaking. I'm honored that this one was in my report. ^_^

I'm in and jealous of the Mickey AND Minnie lights. I just told Jason that Santa better be bringing me one. He has 20 days.....

Thanks Kelly. 20 days is more than enough time. Minnie took me a little longer because of the drying time between the paint. Especially all those darn polka-dots!

I hope Santa is good to you!

First page - did I make the first page?

I'm in!

Dang-it! Top of page 2

That's ok Dan! I'm just happy to have you along for the ride.

I'm here too!

Love that the Fiends Christmas Tree is back. Can't wait to see it with all its decorations! How many new ones were added for this year?

Hey Yvonne!

I added about 5 more which worked out perfect as I had to remove some naughty fiends (Or fiends that have since disappeared ;) )

I may be a busy gal, but I'm never too busy for a Stef trip report! Can't wait to hear all about you Walking in a Disney Wonderland. I bet it was the punch... ;)

Awww, thanks Lisa! I know you got your hands full with WCH. I love getting the tweets, especially the recipes. I even have a few I'll send to you.

I know how hard it is to write a TR. I can't imagine doing your site app, twitter, blog and a regular job! You're a go girl! Thanks so much for jumping in.

I am along for the ride also!

Thank you! We're going to fire it up as soon as I get these replies done.

I'm in. Hope I make it on page one.

Page 2 Ray, but I'm just happy you're here at all!

It was great meeting y'all. Thanks for the beer and the jello shot. Y'all really are nice people and I enjoyed talking with Trevor. My wife wanted to meet y'all but it never worked out. I really thought we would see y'all again but when we came by the cart was gone.

Great meeting you too!! You're always welcome to have a drink when I'm there. We came by a couple times too and nobody was around. Would have loved to meet your wife!

I texted Donnie after you left and told him I knew there was no way I couldn't love a Texas redneck.

Stay tuned, I have proof that I was stalking looking for you. :))

Wow, you had a shaky start! Hope the trip got a lot better!

It did Gwen! You know first hand that it's hard to stay pissy when you're at WDW. Thanks for joining!

I'm in! Exciting start so far, Mayhem, mechanics and Mason.... Lovin' it!

Hey Sheila! Gee, maybe that should have been the title of my report. I'll call you next time and let you name it.

Middle of page 2 Bragging Rights for me!

You are off to a great start.

So what was with that "You look like a nice lady comment?" I thought that was going to be followed up with the CM giving you something. What The Fort was that all about?

Oh yeah- what ended up happening with your cooler? Was it just the transformer or is the whole thing shot? I have that same cooler, and I don't think mine works anymore. My transformer is still good- the cooling part seems to have died. So let me know if you need a transformer.

Bring on the rest!

TCD

Like you need any bragging rights! :P

Sorry about the confusion with the CM. What he meant was he thought I was a nice lady, so he gave me the site I requested.

Or maybe he was just blowing smoke up my ass?

As for the cooler, we think it's just the converter. It was glowing red! I'm going to order a new one and try it at home first!

Or maybe he was just blowing smoke up my ass?

As for the cooler, we think it's just the converter. It was glowing red! I'm going to order a new one and try it at home first!

1. must have been the BBS kind......Unless this is your attempt at another PaSA.

2. I think this should have definitive and detailed testing plan. Because, the punch MUST be cool during our next trip.

3. And if it fails the poor testing subjects, then break out the ice machine to save some $$$ for the keg-o bucket.

The site is all set up, time to take Mason for a walk to do his business.

The first thing Trevor wants me to do is take a picture of a Hummer that was in the 500 loop.

A real Hummer! And beat to hell and back!

In other words, this guy didn't buy this to be "cool" He is using it to it's full potential.

If I had to endure it, so do you!

FortDecember2012026.jpg

FortDecember2012027.jpg

After Mason was walked, the first order of business was to visit Judy.

We brought Mason so Lil Bee could see him. Mason rubbed all up on him and when Judy asked Bee if he remembered the dogs name, he did! If you ever think Bee isn't listening or paying attention, you're wrong. That guy doesn't miss much.

FortDecember2012028.jpg

Some CM's came by to remove those silly poles along the walkway for that nights hay ride.

FortDecember2012030.jpg

Judy even offered to help

FortDecember2012029.jpg

We left Judy and told her we'd be back later as I had a early Christmas/Late house RV warming present for her.

I started peppers & eggs for sandwiches. It's an Italian thing, and was a staple in my Grandfathers house.

FortDecember2012032.jpg

About this time, the guy that we threw off our site came to ask Trevor for a hand. He was having some power steering issues in his coach.

I kicked back in my chair and took this picture for TCD.

"Sunset over Corona and Jello"

FortDecember2012031.jpg

After what seemed like quite a while, I took Mason and walked over to see what Trevor was doing. This is where I found him.

FortDecember2012033.jpg

Always under something.

Trevor finally returned and we ate.

My first visitor of the evening was Gary.

FortDecember2012034.jpg

Great to see him again!

Brent & Justin came by a few minutes later. This was the first time I had met them. They were a riot and we invited them over the next night when the rest of our party would be arriving.

We knew we were going to call it an early night as I had been up since 3:00 that morning. But first we rode over to Judy's.

While doing some shopping pre-trip I saw this and knew that she had to have it!

FortDecember2012036.jpg

We then rode over to Carol's, it was dark. Then over to Mo's and it too was dark.

I was freezing!! I did get a couple of night decoration shots before we turned in.

This is FortwildernessRick's site on the corner of the 100 loop. Great job Rick!

FortDecember2012035.jpg

Not sure which site these were on. There were so many great decorations all over, they kind of all blurred together by day 6.

FortDecember2012037.jpg

FortDecember2012038.jpg

We were back at 550 by 9:00 and ready for bed.

So was Mason.

FortDecember2012039.jpg

We were unsure of our plans for Friday, we'll play it by ear, and I'll bring you along as soon as I have some lunch and do more laundry. UGH!

I never heard of Pepper and Egg sandwiches, and I know a lot of Italians.

TCD

They're great! Trevor likes his with a little hot sauce on top. I usually cook with some crushed red pepper so just a sprinkle of salt and pepper works for me.

Taken from www.prouditaliancook.com

I don't know exactly when this humble sandwich had it's beginning, but I've been eating this since I was a little kid. It's usually offered primarily during the Lenten season in many of the Italian beef stands here in Chicago land, and on Friday's, as an alternative to meat. Yes, way back when, the Catholic religion had a "no meat on Friday" rule and I think that's how this sandwich all came about. I have to admit, even though I can find this sandwich close to where I live, and in some places it's on the menu all year long, my favorite place to get this is right out of my own kitchen!!

Why? you might ask? Because I always think it taste's blah there, never enough seasoning, you know, salt pepper, Romano! you can't be skimpy with the ingredients!! It's all about the flavor! the blending of the olive oil with the scrambled eggs and cheese, oh, and you must have good crusty bread, none of that white spongy stuff will do here!

With that being said, here's how you put it all together... Saute your sliced peppers in olive oil that have been seasoned with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, till tender not mushy. Next, scramble up some eggs that have been seasoned with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of Romano cheese, don't be skimpy on the cheese, this is what makes it so good!! Pour it all over your peppers till it sets up. Place it in some crusty bread, and if you like hot stuff like I do, a little HotGiardiniera to top it off!!

It's warm, satisfying, and beats a cold sandwich any day!!!

Late but in! Give Mason some snuggles for me

Thanks Nicki, glad you made it.

Snuggles for Mason, CHECK. ^-^

I don't know exactly when this humble sandwich had it's beginning, but I've been eating this since I was a little kid. It's usually offered primarily during the Lenten season in many of the Italian beef stands here in Chicago land, and on Friday's, as an alternative to meat. Yes, way back when, the Catholic religion had a "no meat on Friday" rule and I think that's how this sandwich all came about. I have to admit, even though I can find this sandwich close to where I live, and in some places it's on the menu all year long, my favorite place to get this is right out of my own kitchen!!

Why? you might ask? Because I always think it taste's blah there, never enough seasoning, you know, salt pepper, Romano! you can't be skimpy with the ingredients!! It's all about the flavor! the blending of the olive oil with the scrambled eggs and cheese, oh, and you must have good crusty bread, none of that white spongy stuff will do here!

With that being said, here's how you put it all together... Saute your sliced peppers in olive oil that have been seasoned with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic, till tender not mushy. Next, scramble up some eggs that have been seasoned with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of Romano cheese, don't be skimpy on the cheese, this is what makes it so good!! Pour it all over your peppers till it sets up. Place it in some crusty bread, and if you like hot stuff like I do, a little HotGiardiniera to top it off!!

It's warm, satisfying, and beats a cold sandwich any day!!!

Not Italian but my grandmother had a variation on this. She used to make basically Western Omelet Sandwiches. Sauted Onions, Peppers, and diced ham, Scramble some eggs with salt and pepper and pour over previous ingredients in pan And cook till set up, Divide up and serve on Bulky rolls. If there was cheese, i.e. sliced american or some other kind, A slice would go on the sandwich as well.

It's Friday morning! Nate and Donnie arrive tonight.

Here's what seems to happen on Fridays. Trevor and I goof around until Nate and/or others show up and we start partying. Fast forward a few hours later....everyone is starving and no one wants to cook.

I prepared for that this time.

I cooked some bacon

FortDecember2012040.jpg

But not for breakfast. I was making a 7 layer salad for later.

I started marinating a London broil and stuck some baked potatoes in the crockpot.

After a few cold ones, all we had to do was throw the meat on the grill.

I had read on FF that Mo had posted they would be pulling out between 9-10. It was 9 when I got finished prepping dinner so we crossed over to the 300 loop.

Mo & Brian were getting ready to leave. I caught them just in time for a hug and a picture.

FortDecember2012041.jpg

After leaving the 300's we went to get ice for the bucket O' punch, Donnie's trailer was set up in the 100 loop. It looked so lonely and impersonal. >:D

Back to the site to see if I had any extra decorations for Donnie's camper.

Carol stopped by and hung out for a bit

FortDecember2012042.jpg

We chatted while I colored

FortDecember2012050.jpg

FortDecember2012049.jpg

I wanted to get them on early because I knew Donnie would burn them when he arrived.

FortDecember2012045.jpg

FortDecember2012047.jpg

FortDecember2012048.jpg

Spoiler Alert: he's such a good sport, he left them there all weekend. :hugs2:

We took Mason over to the dog park

FortDecember2012043.jpg

FortDecember2012044.jpg

Most of the afternoon was spent looping and relaxing.

The 2000 loop was pretty full.

FortDecember2012051.jpg

If you're in a tent this is the perfect time to camp. Not too hot, not too cold.

FortDecember2012052.jpg

FortDecember2012053.jpg

The canal by the group camping area looked great.

FortDecember2012054.jpg

Bernard & Judy setting up Donnie's 5th wheel in the 1600 loop.

FortDecember2012055.jpg

Some Christmas decorations in that loop.

FortDecember2012056.jpg

FortDecember2012057.jpg

FortDecember2012058.jpg

The backside of Carol's set up as seen from the 1900 loop. She was in the 1700's.

FortDecember2012059.jpg

On the way back to our site, on the backside of the 500 loop, I saw another familiar face.

Meet Stella.

FortDecember2012061.jpg

Here is Stella from last December giving Nate kisses.

FortDecember2011082.jpg

We chatted with our "last year neighbors" for a while and I sat in the dirt and loved on Stella. Great people, sweet pup!

If I ride in the front seat with Mason, this is the look I get. He hates to share.

FortDecember2012063.jpg

Not long after we got back, devores and Mrs devores came over. Had a great visit with them and even toasted to...... something.

(Mrs devores did not, she had to work later)

FortDecember2012062.jpg

This seems like a good place to end this post. The night is young.