Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

I know I've been a slacker. I told you I had a busy week ahead but I'm going to try and get in a couple updates today.

Last night I had a date in Gainesville. Ok, I had multiple dates.

Blackberry Smoke

BBSGville031.jpg

Jamie Davis

BBSGville032.jpg

Donnie

BBSGville004.jpg

Nate

BBSGville002.jpg

Trevor was there too, but he took a lot of the photos so he's not in many.

Another great concert! We got home at 2:38 and I went to work at 4:00. (I'm getting too old for this crap)

Let's get back on topic.

Saturday morning I woke up early with plans to do some park hopping. Nate just wanted to sleep.

The two must-dos on this trip were the Osborne lights and the castle lighting at MK. Since Nate had to go home on Sunday, and we partied on Friday, that only left Saturday to get these things done.

I finally riled Nate out of bed at 9:00. We showered and got ready to start our day.

FortDecember2012073.jpg

Donnie came over, sans Annie, who also didn't want to get up and around.

FortDecember2012074.jpg

We finally decided to go have some lunch. Trevor had already eaten so he stayed back at camp with Mason. I believe he secretly likes when I have Nate and/or Donnie to play with so he can just relax.

We drove my Jeep over to DTD and settled on EOS.

FortDecember2012075.jpg

FortDecember2012076.jpg

I got the Italian and Nate got the The Original, so we split half. Both were very good.

FortDecember2012078.jpg

FortDecember2012080.jpg

Annie took a picture of Nate & I in front of the snowmen.

FortDecember2012081.jpg

We headed back to the Fort to see if Trevor was ready to do anything. He declined, so Nate and I hopped a bus to AK. Our only mission was to ride Primeval Whirl and stroll around and see what caught our eye.

FortDecember2012082.jpg

We were the only ones on the bus.

As we left the Fort, the driver asked us if either of us were going to Blizzard Beach.

We told her no.

She said "What if I take you straight there as opposed to going thru BB?"

I replied: "That would make you the best bus driver of the day!"

Straight shot to AK! Awesome.

FortDecember2012083.jpg

The AK Christmas tree looked beautiful as always.

FortDecember2012126.jpg

My favorite decoration....ROAR!

FortDecember2012085.jpg

Nate talked to the pretty red birds, who were more interested in sleeping.

FortDecember2012087.jpg

Right this way...

FortDecember2012088.jpg

Bird over Dinoland sign

FortDecember2012089.jpg

My favorite ride in AK.

FortDecember2012090.jpg

We rode with a Mom and a young boy of 9 or 10. You can just see his arms next to Nate.

FortDecember2012091.jpg

FortDecember2012092.jpg

FortDecember2012093.jpg

After the first drop, this young boy started chanting "Oh crap, Oh crap"

By the time we came down a drop, spinning backward, the boy let it fly....

"Oh Sh**!" :rofl2:

His Mom asked him not to say that in front of people. I guess it's ok to say it any other time?! I thought it was funny, but he's not my kid.

Nate thought he needed a snack so while he waited in line, I took some pictures.

Christmas Goofy stalking

FortDecember2012094.jpg

Giant snowman

FortDecember2012095.jpg

FortDecember2012096.jpg

Neat stone statue, but kinda ugly.

FortDecember2012097.jpg

Mickey bar!

FortDecember2012098.jpg

While Nate ate his Mickey bar, we discussed what else we wanted to do.

Confession: We have never seen Nemo Show. I know, shoot me!

We love the Lion King show (who couldn't love spandex clad monkeys?)

Whenever we would make a family decision over which show to see, the Lion King would win.

Since we were already in Dino Land, we started walking towards the Nemo show to see when the next one would begin.

I know that some folks think Dino Land is strange, but I like it. Go figure.

Love these license plate planters.

FortDecember2012099.jpg

We passed under the big Dino

FortDecember2012100.jpg

just in time to see people walking faster than normal. We matched their pace even though we didn't know why.

The next show was at 3:00 and it was 2:59.

Oh crap, oh crap, oh SH**!

We're going to miss it again!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

Great report so far!

Thanks for the tip about crockpot baked potatoes. I'm going to have to try that!

I saw Blackberry Smoke open for Zac Brown Band. We really liked them!

Thanks. That's where we found BBS too. If you get a chance to see their show, I highly recommend it!!

you arent short... everyone else is just giant

Perfect!

Why is your cup so much bigger???

good catch Lisa

Dave and I actually laughed about that at the time. I wondered if anyone would notice. Leave it to Lisa, she's pretty sharp.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

:rotfl6: Dave took his funny pill this morning!

Great updates, Stef! Sorry I haven't been commenting much lately. Too much on my mind and in a funky mood. Haven't felt like talking much.

Thanks Gwen. No problem, we all have those days. The good thing is, sometimes you can log onto FF and find some silly report that will make you smile. ^-^

Hope you get to feeling more chipper.

Still thinking about HOB on Saturday now that things have calmed down some. Need to work on Tony some more though.

Do as I do, grasshopper.

It is 2:59 as we near the Nemo theater. The CM is waving us in frantically. Only one problem, Nate can't take his ice cream in!

He chokes down his Mickey bar and we make it into the theater as the lights dim.

Poor Nate is now in the dark and suffering from brain freeze, but darn it, we're going to see Nemo!

He has just taken the lowest seat when a CM comes over and tells us to sit higher so we can see better. Then CM says:

"There's only two of you?"

We tell him yes and he moves us over to the end of a handicapped row. He may have felt sorry for the vertically challenged.

Final verdict: We loved Nemo!

Here's a few pics from the show.

FortDecember2012101.jpg

FortDecember2012104.jpg

FortDecember2012107.jpg

FortDecember2012109.jpg

FortDecember2012110.jpg

FortDecember2012118.jpg

Great costumes, amazing performers.

With our favorite AK ride and one new experience out of the way, we debated on what else we wanted to do. The parade was getting ready to start, but there's something about thousands of people all sitting in one spot that turns me off.

Instead we weaved and bobbed right out the exit.

Trevor and Mason picked us up from the Outpost.

FortDecember2012127.jpg

We went back to the site to relax with a beer and walk Mason before we took off for the evening.

This blow-up scared the crap out of Mason the night before. He was sniffing them out when Santa opened the door. Mason HATES the dark to begin with. He must have jumped 2 feet, sideways.

FortDecember2012128.jpg

Again, I'm easily entertained.

This big Mickey didn't make it any better.

FortDecember2012129.jpg

Frosty must have been pilfering the punch while we were gone.

FortDecember2012130.jpg

Back at 550

FortDecember2012131.jpg

We grabbed our sweatshirts and hopped in the Jeep. We were going to see the Osborne lights, and Trevor was even gracing us with his presence!

First stop, bathroom for the boys.

FortDecember2012133.jpg

A lot of folks were tramming out of the park

FortDecember2012134.jpg

A lot of folks were still in the park!

FortDecember2012135.jpg

As usual, this time of the year, they were all funneling to the same area. The Osborne lights.

The rest of the park was quiet.

FortDecember2012136.jpg

FortDecember2012137.jpg

We all needed to grab some dinner, so we thought we'd try something that TCD has recommended in the past.

FortDecember2012139.jpg

The hot dog in a pretzel roll.

FortDecember2012141.jpg

Nate took a picture of me eating it. NO, I'm not posting it.

The hot dog was great, the mustard spicy!

Fair warning: the way they stuff that dog into the roll, pushes the majority of the mustard to the bottom. That last bite will make your nose burn, your eyes water, and your face flush.

Hurts so good.

Trevor went with the Italian sausage instead. He thought it was good, but the roll was kind of hard.

FortDecember2012144.jpg

Trev needed a smoke break before we made it to the lights, so I took some more pictures.

FortDecember2012145.jpg

FortDecember2012146.jpg

FortDecember2012148.jpg

FortDecember2012147.jpg

We were directed around the awesome Muppet fountain.

FortDecember2012149.jpg

Around the corner, complete sensory overload! And hordes of people!

Awesome TR! You always look like you are having a blast at the FORT. Then again, I bet you have a blast wherever you are.

I can't believe you walked in from a concert at that time in the morning, and was able to make it to work an hour and half later. Definitely a rock star move. I saw KISS a couple of months ago, and am just now recovered.

Btw, I'm pro Mason. That pup could looks like he could relax on a couch for a 15 hour sports marathon. Not that I've ever done that :)

I'm finally all caught up! I'm having fun with the trip report, so you must of had a real blast. I just caught BBS on Direct TV. They had an hour performance on their concert channel. I really enjoyed their music ! I probably would not have watched them if I hadn't heard your recommendation in previous reports.... And finally BACON.... :drool1: