Stef's Walking In A Disney Wonderland

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The conversations we were all having that evening were.... interesting. I just remember being in Stef's chair and having to roll out onto the ground so I could standup near the end of the night.

Its not. its an optical illusion. She is just so small, it makes the cup look bigger..... ;-)

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit. I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days. Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants an

Thanks for the photo from my favorite place!

And I still have another photo coming?

Wow.

Must be my lucky day.

TCD

You're very welcome! I actually forgot that I had taken those along the water, your special picture is next!

I'll give you great advice......crock pot liners. They are awesome and really reduce the cleanup. Never camp or cook without them anymore!

Me too, only after using the foil for the taters (and them taking too long) I was afraid it would be the same thing with a liner.

I saw a crock pot liner for the chicken and dumplings.

Stef knows her crockpots.

TCD

^_^ Yes, I do love my crocks. I now have a small, medium and large one, which work great for entertaining.

I totally see nothing wrong with that outfit.

I'm not a fan of the flip flops with socks look that's happening these days.

Who would have thought that the trend would be plumber's crack saggy pants and "old ethnic grandfather gettin' the mail" chic footwear?

What's next? Those sunglass goggles that go over your regular glasses?

I am not a fan of socks with sandals either, or grease stained sweatshirts.

If he ever exits the camper with plumber's crack, he's gonna find my boot in it.

It's the Ghost of Christmas Post. ;D

:rotfl6:

It gets me at least once a week!

Good news, no exploding crock pot. I did put the potatoes in wet after I washed them and they did make their own little juice. Crock pot liner would be good though because I'm not looking forward to scraping off that baked on juice.

You've probably cleaned it by now, but when I have a sticky mess, I put some water in it and turn it up on high for a bit.

Crusty, ooey-gooeys, wipe right off.

Two things I like about this:

1) getting a shout out on a FF.net celebrities TR....thanks

2) I knew that's how Mason rolls....definitely mans best friend!

Very cool shoes! Didn't you get a Yoda themed tshirt a while back? I'm not up on my clothes lingo, but does that mean you are developing an ensemble?

Now, if we can get a shirt referencing both "being the lucky dog" and correct use of "Jedi mind tricks" it would be a big seller. ;)

Rock on with the pics. My favorites are still the Christmas decorated sites. Definitely puts me in a good mood. Then again, maybe it's just the jack Daniels in the egg nogg I'm enjoying while reading your TR.

JD in eggnog? Where have you been all my life? :jumpforjoy

I'm no fashionista either, but I guess I am gathering an ensemble.

I may get kicked out of the Fort if I were to go out in just my Yoda sweatshirt and slippers, though.

Thanks for all the great comments!

Good to know!

Thanks - saves me asking. 8)

And I've now got "crockpot liners" on my list of camper stuff I need to remember to pack.

I agree with the potato chip situation. I don't even care for chips!

I will post the recipe at the very end so it doesn't get lost in all of our jabber.

Crockpot liners are AMAZING!!

More! More!

More coming right now Ray!

With Mason tucked away in the camper, Trevor and I rode down to the TCD ranch. I feel like I need to visit it every trip until it's torn down. BOO!

FortDecember2012249.jpg

Guess who was parked right next to us?

FortDecember2012286.jpg

FortDecember2012287.jpg

Lonestar was not at the ranch, but his cart was there.

You can see one of the ponies hiding behind his stall in this picture.

FortDecember2012250.jpg

Even when we walked around to the other side, he stayed hidden.

FortDecember2012252.jpg

Maybe this little guy got tired of having a roomie?

FortDecember2012251.jpg

We found out the "hider" was named Levi, and he loves this CM, so he came out for him.

FortDecember2012253.jpg

He also loves Twizzlers, which he got a nibble of from this CM.

Levi even has blue eyes.

FortDecember2012254.jpg

This pony wouldn't turn around for nothing!

FortDecember2012255.jpg

Trevor and I strolled around to the other side of the fence so I could see his better half.

As we walked over, Trevor turned to me and said:

"Look, they're charging the sleighs for tonight"

FortDecember2012256.jpg

In my head I said "You dummy, those are pulled by the horses!"

He then added:

"They're charging the lights"

Oh crap, who's the dummy now?

The horse barn is decorated with the standard wreaths.

FortDecember2012257.jpg

It was feeding time.

FortDecember2012259.jpg

FortDecember2012260.jpg

Maybe these two were put outside for being naughty.

FortDecember2012261.jpg

Equivalent to "Go to your room without supper!" IDK?

I had to get a picture of TCD's favorite weather vane. And I got a bonus shot!

FortDecember2012263.jpg

Here's a better look.

FortDecember2012264.jpg

A hawk on a rooster!

Making our way around, we stopped at the pavilion. Normally they set up decorations outside. Here is a picture from December 2011.

FortDecember2011102.jpg

That space was empty this year. BOO!

Instead I found a snowman tucked inside the pavilion. Cute, but just one more detail I will miss.

FortDecember2012265.jpg

The area behind the pavilion looks great. The landscaping is nice.

FortDecember2012266.jpg

FortDecember2012269.jpg

Flowers are even blooming

FortDecember2012270.jpg

And then there is this....

FortDecember2012268.jpg

I don't understand, for a company so concerned with their image and recycling, they just let this eyesore rot.

Tear it down already! It hurts those of us with memories of River Country!

Nathen learned to swim on those very rocks that are now crumbling. BOO!

The old entrance is festive, complete with a tiny tree.

FortDecember2012271.jpg

My spirits were soon lifted when we passed some tiny scallywags returning from the sea.

FortDecember2012272.jpg

Here is their ship

FortDecember2012274.jpg

My beautiful view of the beach was ruined by 3 higher-ups walking along it. What are they doing? What are they planning? I never have a good feeling when I see this.

FortDecember2012273.jpg

We moved along around Crocketts, where the decorations were up and some folks were on the rocking chairs. Ahhh, I feel better now.

FortDecember2012275.jpg

FortDecember2012278.jpg

FortDecember2012276.jpg

FortDecember2012277.jpg

Continuing our stroll in the next post....

FortDecember2012279.jpg

FortDecember2012280.jpg

Behind Judy & Tina's site, the blow-ups were in full force.

FortDecember2012281.jpg

FortDecember2012282.jpg

Then we walked down the best trail in all of Fort Wilderness.

FortDecember2012283.jpg

We've almost made a full circle back to the cart parking.

FortDecember2012285.jpg

FortDecember2012284.jpg

While it's great to have a cart for looping, sometimes a good long walk soothes the soul.

We cruised back to our site and caught Mason sound asleep on the couch.

FortDecember2012288.jpg

We're always greeted with huge smiles when we return, but if you don't know him, you'd think he was going to gnaw your arm off.

FortDecember2012289.jpg

Because Mason had been home alone, we took him to the dog park for some play time. The area right inside the gate was completely flooded out by the hose.

I told Trevor, DO NOT let him off leash until he's away from the water. We would be washing mud out of him for hours.

Mason did not get wet, but his new friend, Cocoa, had other plans when his owner turned his back!

FortDecember2012291.jpg

FortDecember2012290.jpg

Cocoa's Dad was not impressed! :))

After some off leash time, Trevor and I went in search of some lunch.

Some many choices............

FortDecember2012291.jpg

FortDecember2012290.jpg

Cocoa's Dad was not impressed! :))

Oy! I'm sure that was great fun for Cocoa - not so much for Cocoa's dad!

It was muddy in this spot almost every day we were there, but nowhere near as bad as this. Wish they'd extend out the concrete more and drop a drain in here - it would help a lot.

Oh that just reminded me of something - make sure to check the OTHER gate when you go to the dog park - the one about halfway down the fence line that they use to get the mower and stuff in/out. I could have sworn last year that it had a lock on it, but it definitely did NOT this year.

We were going into the dog park one day and a couple of kids were fiddling around with it. They got it open and went inside to visit with mom and their dog, and left the gate WIDE open. DH went over and latched it back up, but it's a good thing we saw them. Lyn has an awesome recall, but Bz is a runner whose favorite game is "chase me." (The thought of tracking her all over the Fort makes my head explode.)

Which brings me to this PSA - parents, *please* supervise your kids at the dog park! I'm still amazed how many young ones (including toddlers) are just wandering around in there with no supervision.

It was muddy in this spot almost every day we were there, but nowhere near as bad as this. Wish they'd extend out the concrete more and drop a drain in here - it would help a lot.

Which brings me to this PSA - parents, *please* supervise your kids at the dog park! I'm still amazed how many young ones (including toddlers) are just wandering around in there with no supervision.

X3!

Is that like the Fort version of Turducken?

:rotfl5:

Yes, I think the proper name is HawKooster.

Lil H did the Pirate Cruise when he was 5 at CBR and absolutely LOVED it! He had a broken leg at the time and was the ships token Peg Leg Pirate. I'm thinking the extra attention made up for the cast... at least a little :)

(His much older cousin said it was awesome as well.)

Very cool! They were adorable to listen to. Even the CM stayed in full character and said something to Trevor like

"Pardon us, we're looking for buried treasure"

Great idea for keeping the kids busy for a while!

Oy! I'm sure that was great fun for Cocoa - not so much for Cocoa's dad!

Thanks for that info Mo! That mud would be a royal PITA with Mason.

I'm always amazed at the kids and adults that lay down or sit in the grass in there!? I would imagine there isn't a blade in that place that hasn't been "used"

Ewww!

Awesome!

My DD is going to love the ranch. That's the first time I've seen pix from the ranch.

Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!

I used to skip over it as I've seen it for so many years. Now I'm afraid it will be gone soon so I'm sucking it all up. (Smell of horse manure and all)

Must be a chocolate lab thing. Mine will find water (mud) if it is anywhere near by.

Hey Jeff! Nice to see you.

Yes, my Mom has 2 chocolates who will not stay out of water.

So much so, that last winter her female jumped in our pool, with the cover over it! Thank God, Nate was quick on his feet and jumped in to grab her.

Love, Love, Love the hawk on the rooster. Awesome shot!

And go Cocoa! Rocky would do the same thing.

Thanks for all the shots around the ranch and River Country. The snowman wasn't there at Thanksgiving.

TCD

You're welcome. I figured you'd dig that.

Hope to get another update in after dinner..........

I have to go back and read since I am late to the party.....just thought i'd let you know there are tickets available for Zac BrownBand and your beloved Blackberry Smoke for Dec. 31st. Only one catch....its at Joe louis Arena in the lovely metropolis of Detroit. :)

I have to go back and read since I am late to the party.....just thought i'd let you know there are tickets available for Zac BrownBand and your beloved Blackberry Smoke for Dec. 31st. Only one catch....its at Joe louis Arena in the lovely metropolis of Detroit. :)

Wonder if the CURRENT champion Brad will be there?

We just got home late last night. When you saw our cart we had gone over to the Lodge for the waffles.(man they were good). Then we came back and took our DD on a pony ride. We must have just missed you our cart was only there about a hour, hour and a half tops.

Every time I see Lone-Star post, or now, seeing the cart, I hear Rick Moranis' voice as Dark Helmet in Spaceballs.

"Loooone Star, I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."

or my favorite...

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

Every time I see Lone-Star post, or now, seeing the cart, I hear Rick Moranis' voice as Dark Helmet in Spaceballs.

"Loooone Star, I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."

or my favorite...

"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"

LOL!

I was going to say that it's WAY too cold up there for these southern bones...........

Wonder if the CURRENT champion Brad will be there?

But seeing Brad would be way worse!! :barf:

We just got home late last night. When you saw our cart we had gone over to the Lodge for the waffles.(man they were good). Then we came back and took our DD on a pony ride. We must have just missed you our cart was only there about a hour, hour and a half tops.

I figured you guys couldn't be far.

Bummer that we missed you!

Glad you guys made it home safely.

Let's get this show on the road.

Well, not the road literally, that's for the next day.

Trevor and I decided to grab some lunch. We discussed going to the Lodge, but I wanted to go back to the MK and see the Fantasy Land expansion during the day.

This cart was parked down by the marina. Very creative, fellow camper!

FortDecember2012292.jpg

The marina was decked out for Christmas. Sorry about the utility cart in the shot, I guess someone was working, somewhere.

FortDecember2012293.jpg

Trevor was thrilled at the opportunity to return to the MK.

FortDecember2012294.jpg

Waiting on our boat

FortDecember2012295.jpg

We didn't wait long and we were on our way.

FortDecember2012296.jpg

The birds were all facing in one direction, towards the sun

FortDecember2012298.jpg

For a Monday afternoon, the MK was pretty busy.

FortDecember2012299.jpg

Castle during the day.

FortDecember2012300.jpg

We decided a greasy burger and fries would suffice for lunch.

FortDecember2012301.jpg

The view is never bad outside of Cosmic Rays. Well, it could have been better without 3 heads in it.

castledec.jpg

While we were enjoying lunch, I received a text that Epcot was doing a soft opening of Test Track. Trevor's eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas.

But first, a stroll around Fantasy Land in the daytime.

FortDecember2012305.jpg

Some of the detail on the arches.

FortDecember2012314.jpg

FortDecember2012308.jpg

The line across the bridge to get into Be Our Guest restaurant.

FortDecember2012309.jpg

A stalker shot of Gaston....he ain't all that. We have some better looking men on FF.

FortDecember2012310.jpg

FortDecember2012311.jpg

FortDecember2012312.jpg

FortDecember2012313.jpg

The fence surrounding the unfinished Mine Train ride has neat little openings for us nosy folks.

Of course, I took some photos.

FortDecember2012302.jpg

FortDecember2012303.jpg

FortDecember2012304.jpg

If you look closely, right above that red barrel, right of center, you can see the brown track for the coaster jutting out of the building.

FortDecember2012306.jpg

FortDecember2012307.jpg

We didn't "do" anything, it was super crowded in this area. We'll save the rest of it for another trip.

Never want to peak too soon.

On our way out, some "backside of Castle in day" shots.

FortDecember2012315.jpg

FortDecember2012316.jpg

FortDecember2012317.jpg

City Hall decorated. I wish our town's City Hall was this nice.

FortDecember2012318.jpg

Back on the boat to the Fort.

FortDecember2012319.jpg

The hull from the shipwreck on Discovery Island is all but hidden by brush. BOO!

FortDecember2012320.jpg

This family was on our boat back. The matching shirts were cute, but the boys shorts and the little girls skirt, complete with apron, were adorable!

I waited until they turned their heads so I could post the pic without invading their privacy.

FortDecember2012321.jpg

Back at #550, we made plans to relax for a bit, then head over to Epcot to see if we could get on Test Track and see one of the Candlelight Processionals.

If you've read a Stef report before, you know we may have changed our plans 10 times before we even left our site.

Stay tuned.

Great update!

You got some great shots of the Fantasyland Expansion. I like the shots of the Mine Train construction.

And those burgers look good! It's been a while since I've had a Cosmic Rays burger. I may need to pay a visit to Sonny Eclipse on our next trip.

I am looking forward to finding out if you got to ride Test Track and, if so, how you liked it.

TCD