BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

I believe the last time we went (2010) I went the entire trip with a swiss army knife in my pocket, completely forgetting to take it out. No problemo.

I probably wouldn't try that again today though.

i went the our entire christmas 2012 trip with my swiss army knife in my pocket. ive carried a pocket knife for years and dont even think about it at WDW. no one searched me or even asked me.

Wow! That is nice of you.

Let me know if you come up with a good recipe.

Really.

If Lou had tried a cinnamon roll from both places, he would know there is a huge difference.

Wow, that is a lot of thoughts.

You are not in a position to crack on me for frequent visits to WDW. You were back there sooner after New Year's than I was.

I guess IBM is still a viable company, but not nearly as dominant in the personal computer field as they once were. They need to step their game up. From what I saw in Innoventions, they have lost their way.

The invisible dog leash I searched for was for my daughter. She just had to have one. I finally found one in Hollywood Studios, and it wasn't easy.

When the CM told us the toilet seat was heated, I told my DD's I was going to sit on it and feel for myself. They had to hold me back. Now that there's $20 and bragging rights to be had, watch out! I just need to remember the newspaper.

I don't know what was up with that kid with the doll. I think he was not from this land. I should have yelled FUEGO to see if he reacted.

I don't know what to tell you about the Peter Pan groupies. Other that I find it very strange. This isn't that common, thankfully.

Why do those folks from another land keep shouting out the name of a car made by Renault long ago? I don't make the connection.

Things haven't changed that much.

I'll bet there are still a lot of guns carried in the theme parks.

Was it a Mickey shaped pretzel you got there?

Not just a regular one?

I know the stand you're talking about, but didn't know they had the Mickey ones there.

TCD

Yeah, your TR's do make one think! I just decided to spill my thoughts this time.

I may have beat you back to WDW but I don't do near as much as you do in one visit. And, I will likely not return for a long while. I had a chance to run down and wish one of my favorite fiends Ms. Tigercock a Happy BD so I took it!

Sure the leash was for your daughter. Sure, I believe that. OK I do believe it because I know you have a real dog but had to give you some grief.

You realize that when I said the guy on Jacka** gave the display toilet "a spin", I mean literally tested it out. As in, made a deposit. Still up for the challenge?

Yes, we will have to agree to disagree.

When you ride it, this is what you see.

ariel.jpg

It's funny you pick this scene out. My almost 4 year old thinks he's going to marry Ariel. Really. With her tail. And her voice. He can actually get quite detailed about how it's going to go down. He tells people about it semi-frequently. This is the exact scene that inspired his love. Exact. And he's actually asked to just watch this part. And watch it again. 3 year olds don't have hormones, do they?!?!?! Hope she doesn't get a restraining order. LOL!

And now that I'm all caught up, I have a suggestion. No ebay for that light bulb. You need to go to Dumbo and tell BW that that bulb came off Peter's float. And then take pictures of what happens. Please. For the love of FUEGO!

And now that I'm all caught up, I have a suggestion. No ebay for that light bulb. You need to go to Dumbo and tell BW that that bulb came off Peter's float. And then take pictures of what happens. Please. For the love of FUEGO!

That is one of the best ideas I have ever heard!

Now TCD...you must have a memory about as good as mine (which I am convinced comes from raising daughters), because I know that on two separate occasions in the past I have mentioned in my trip reports getting the AAA discount at EoS. I swear you even commented once that you didn't realize that and would have to remember it. :rofl3:

TCD, maybe it's a generational thing. Our youngest is 31, and our oldest is 41. They grew up being entertained by Herbie and The Ugly Dachsund. And Condor Man. I must have watched that movie over 100 times!

You are right.

A few years back, I took the girls to the campfire at the Fort and the movie was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I used to love that movie. They thought it was awful. And, they were right.

What was amazing 40 years ago looks kind of lame today.

I have never seen (or heard of that I can remember) Condor Man.

Someone, whom I shall not name, should not read more than one trip report at a time because I miss words when I do. It was BIG sister, not your sister. My bad.

No problem.

I have sisters that occasionally join us on trips, so I thought maybe I had said something about one of my sisters and didn't remember.

1. As much as I would like to NOT tell KFD..... allowing him to have a shock like that could ruin his day. If it turns out not to be that bad then it will be a welcome surprise.

2. I was definitely brought up among Disney lovin' purists. (esp KFD. KFM is a packrat) :))

The burger wrapper was good but the fry basket was better! There were even ketchup stains. Awesome.

3. I like that joke... and use it often. Well, except for the women part. I have gotten many eye rolls from H over the years.

Ah yes, the fry basket.

Nothing can top that!

As much as I hate to admit it, Lou is probably right about the bakery. I'll bet it still will have the same look and feel even after they add Starbucks. Truth be told, it needed an update anyway.

I think your Goofy is quite good and the best of the three.

Why thank you very much.

I thought it wasn't too bad, until the girls both laughed at it.

The instructor told us to start with a circle the size of a baseball, which is what I did. They started with larger circles, because the instructors usually say to start with a circle the size of a CD. Their Goofies look alike, so they thought mine looked weird.

"Sweet and Nasty". My favorite.

I like that saying too.

Very unique.

i went the our entire christmas 2012 trip with my swiss army knife in my pocket. ive carried a pocket knife for years and dont even think about it at WDW. no one searched me or even asked me.

Yes, and you could also have carried a handgun tucked in your sock. The security is just show.

If I have my pants on, my knife is in the pocket. Have carried it in all the parks and never been asked about what is in my pockets.

What do you do if you need a knife when you don't have your pants on?

I may have beat you back to WDW but I don't do near as much as you do in one visit. And, I will likely not return for a long while. I had a chance to run down and wish one of my favorite fiends Ms. Tigercock a Happy BD so I took it!

Sure the leash was for your daughter. Sure, I believe that. OK I do believe it because I know you have a real dog but had to give you some grief.

You realize that when I said the guy on Jacka** gave the display toilet "a spin", I mean literally tested it out. As in, made a deposit. Still up for the challenge?

I think it's great that you made it for Genia's birthday. I wish I could have made it over for a visit that weekend, but there was just no way.

I never got to see much of that show. It was on Mrs. TCD's banned list. Nobody was allowed to watch it. I didn't agree with her, but in hindsight, she was right. Our girls definitely didn't need to see any of that. Since I didn't realize it wasn't just sitting on the $6300 toilet, but also using it, I will pass on the $20 and bragging rights. But that opens the door to someone else.

It's funny you pick this scene out. My almost 4 year old thinks he's going to marry Ariel. Really. With her tail. And her voice. He can actually get quite detailed about how it's going to go down. He tells people about it semi-frequently. This is the exact scene that inspired his love. Exact. And he's actually asked to just watch this part. And watch it again. 3 year olds don't have hormones, do they?!?!?! Hope she doesn't get a restraining order. LOL!

Hopefully it's just a phase. If not, in 10 years, he's going to appear in a TCD TR as Big Eric.

TCD

Actually, I can top my idea... Get Peter to sign it first.

LOL! That is a great idea!

Very good.

Too bad it is already signed by Mickey Rooney.

Good job remembering BW works at Dumbo.

Now TCD...you must have a memory about as good as mine (which I am convinced comes from raising daughters), because I know that on two separate occasions in the past I have mentioned in my trip reports getting the AAA discount at EoS. I swear you even commented once that you didn't realize that and would have to remember it. :rofl3:

You are absolutely right!

Not only that, but they also give a 10% passholder discount, and I have taken advantage of that before, but I forgot that too.

I am still mad at myself. I could have saved eight bucks. That's a Disney Beer.

TCD

The devil on my shoulder wants to lie and say I have not seen Pete's Dragon since '77, just to force you to watch it again.

I can't do it though....I have seen it quite a few times since then. You were complaining about the effects so I was saying that it was impressive at that time, when I was 7.

Give Pete another chance. ^_^

A few years back, I took the girls to the campfire at the Fort and the movie was Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I used to love that movie. They thought it was awful. And, they were right.

I have never seen (or heard of that I can remember) Condor Man.

Ah yes, the fry basket.

Nothing can top that!

As much as I hate to admit it, Lou is probably right

Agreed on the matter of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I hated it when I was a kid too. Still do. We were given it as a gift several years ago and gave it away. Yuck.

(KFD likes a song in the movie...The Age of Not Believing. He's a mushy man on the inside).

KFBro LOVES Condor Man! We gave it to him for Christmas several years ago. :))

I hope Lou is right. But don't tell him I said so.

The devil on my shoulder wants to lie and say I have not seen Pete's Dragon since '77, just to force you to watch it again.

I can't do it though....I have seen it quite a few times since then. You were complaining about the effects so I was saying that it was impressive at that time, when I was 7.

Adorable movie. :)

OK, I'll give Pete another chance.

I'll put that DVD in the camper and put it in the rainy day at the Fort rotation.

Fortunately, it's been a while since we've had to use one of the rainy day at the Fort movies.

I still haven't finished watching Davy Crockett.

Agreed on the matter of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I hated it when I was a kid too. Still do. We were given it as a gift several years ago and gave it away. Yuck.

(KFD likes a song in the movie...The Age of Not Believing. He's a mushy man on the inside).

KFBro LOVES Condor Man! We gave it to him for Christmas several years ago. :))

I hope Lou is right. But don't tell him I said so.

Well, if KFD is ever at the Fort again the same time I am, I will have an old movie party at the TCD camper, and I'll dig up a copy of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I will also go down to Trail's End and get a big greasy bag of fries, and ask KFM if we can borrow her fry basket.

I checked on Condor Man after Gwen mentioned it. Apparently, it was a big deal back in the day. I have never watched it, and I really don't remember it at all. Sounds like a pretty good movie, though. I'll put it on the list of movies to look for for the rainy day at the Fort collection.

I won't tell Lou. And, luckily, he doesn't read trip reports, so he'll never know that we think he might be right for once.

TCD

OK, it is time to get this report wrapped up.

It looks like we are going to have a short update here, and then maybe one or two after this one, and then we are done.

These photos are from Sunday, January 20. Remember, we are on our way to dinner, but we have some extra time for a quick look around the Fort.

But, gawkers aren't allowed to just enter the Fort and look around, are they?

They are.

I told the guard that I was a pizza delivery man and had an order to deliver to some locals having a birthday party at the pool. He let me right in.

Just kidding about that, but I'll bet it would have worked.

Since non guests cannot enter the campground by car, and this policy is strictly enforced, we parked in overflow and hopped a yellow bus to the 1600 loop bus stop.

We jumped off there for a quick walking tour.

I saw this stupid display on the 1700 loop:

12013024.jpg

12013025.jpg

Let me see if I have this right:

If I pay for a site at the Fort, a Ranger will come around and leave me a Nastygram if I park so one of my wheels is off the pavement. But, these yahoos can park a whole crappy looking covered wagon at the entrance of a loop?

Makes sense.

Idiots.

Oh, and one of them Northern Pioneers has a pop-up behind his motorhome:

12013026.jpg

So feel free.

Next, I needed to see the 1500 loop, so we headed that way.

The pool looked like it was busy.

It was a nice warm January afternoon:

12013027.jpg

And there were a few canoes over there in the canal:

12013028.jpg

I had considered camping this weekend, but they charge premium rates for MLK weekend, so I passed. I thought I might get some self satisfaction by seeing a bunch of empty sites. But I didn't see that. The 1500 loop was just about full. Maybe one or two sites were open. That's pretty full for a Sunday.

I then decided that we needed to check on the 2000 loop. There's always something to see there.

2000 only had a couple of open spaces too.

We saw this cool teardrop:

12013029.jpg

Despite the really mild weather we've been having here in Florida this winter, this fellow apparently planned to have quite a fire:

12013030.jpg

Oh, look at the time. We have to go already.

From here, we hopped the purple bus back to the front.

On the way out, I stopped to check on a little construction project going on near the guard shack:

12013032.jpg

What do you think they're up to here?

Well, take a look and you'll see:

12013033.jpg

Cool. It looks like they are finishing the tunnel that goes to the MK.

Don't tell anyone about it, though.

It's a secret.

The check in lanes were kind of quiet. I'll bet everyone who was coming is already here:

12013034.jpg

Check this out:

12013035.jpg

All the warm weather we have has in January is causing the Fort's azeleas to bloom early. I don't like that. But I like the warm weather.

That's all I have from the Fort.

We are now going to check in for our dinner ADR.

TCD