Typhoid Mary Hits the Fiends for New Years

Yeah, I know I haven't finished my December trip report, but this one is going to be so short (as in probably only one post), that I'll totally forget about it by the time I finish the other report, so I thought I'd post the few pictures I do have of this plague filled weekend.

Don't get me wrong, we did have fun this weekend, but as the title implies, Typhoid Mary was hitting a lot of us.

Thursday, December 27th.

We leave the house, with a stop in Birmingham to drop off my son from his Christmas visit. He was supposed to fly out Wednesday, but flight issues delayed him a day.

A couple pictures from the drive.

The full moon looked kinda neat

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

We drive all the way through and stay at the Holiday Inn LBV, once again on points, so it was free. We were on the top floor, so had a great view.

A few pictures from our balcony.

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

And yes, the 4 Seasons project invades this view also

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

Then it happens, Rick gets up screaming in pain with a back spasm. We get him in the shower and get in calmed down somewhat, but he still feels like crap.

We get over to the Fort and get checked in, and Rick decides he can't stay. We "discuss" our options, and finally get him on an airplane home, and I stay. I offered to just drive on home with him, but he insisted I stay. Typhoid Mary strike #1

After dropping Rick at the airport, I get the camper in the site.

FYI, we arrived and checked in at noon. We already kinda knew what site we were gonna be in, and confirmed it was already empty.

I finally get back from the airport at almost 4pm, and I STILL had not received a text that my site was ready. GRRRR.

Lorna and Rich were supposed to join me that evening, but Lorna wasn't feeling well, and they decided to wait till Friday morning to park on the site. Typhoid Mary Strike #2

After setting up, I started getting a cough, Uggh, Typhoid Mary Strike #3

Friday, December 28th

On Friday, Lorna and Rich arrive, and we spent the next day or so, just relaxing at the site, and visiting with Fiends that dropped by.

Saturday, December 29th

I did go over to the Studios today to take in one of the Comedy Warehouse Holiday shows. I also stopped and had the barbecue sandwich at Studio Catering Co.

20121230_154113.jpg

A couple of pictures with my phone camera.

20121230_163438.jpg

20121230_163626.jpg

20121230_163835.jpg

The original cast was doing the shows, and they were fun and talented.

Sunday, December 30th

I was feeling worse, and decided that I had to get better before I drove home, so started the day at CentraCare. Armed with a Z-Pac, headed back to the Fort.

Today was another lazy day around the camper.

Sheila and Tim arrived and Stacy was a big help with them backing into a tight site.

Sheila declared she felt like crap also. Typhoid Mary Strike #4!

We had all these plans to go watch the fireworks this evening, but it was so cold, and we all felt so bad that we just went to bed.

Monday, December 31st

Tonite was the big potluck and I did pull out the camera.

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

This was our next door neighbor. It was actually kindof cool laying in bed and watching the lites twinkle through the camper window

IMG_0221.jpg

And here are our small bit of decorations

IMG_0222.jpg

Wow, I had more pictures than I thought. That is picture limit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 1st I finally felt well enough to get out some, so I ventured over to MK and played some Sorceror's. Poor Lorna felt so bad, that she went on home. Later that afternoon, got a text f

Tuesday, January 1st

I finally felt well enough to get out some, so I ventured over to MK and played some Sorceror's. Poor Lorna felt so bad, that she went on home.

Later that afternoon, got a text from Jen and Rich. I met them at the Studios to see the Osborne lights one last time.

Here are a few phone pics

20130101_200209.jpg

20130101_200549.jpg

20130101_200620.jpg

20130101_200733.jpg

20130101_200835.jpg

20130101_202234.jpg

20130101_202247.jpg

This may be a video

th_20130101_202325.jpg

And that's it!!

That night, got back to the camper, did some laundry. The next day, packed it all up and drove home!

We did discover that 1642 and 1643 are pull throughs. The neighbor next us pulled his 5th wheel in from the main road, and I was able to pull my camper out sideways from the back, since Richie wasn't ready to pull out yet.

Thanks for the pictures Carol and TJ. I have a new camera and was going to use it, but was feeling so bad I was lucky I made it outside. But as always it is great ringing in the New Year with Fiends. It was great meeting some new fiends and spending the time with ones I LOVE.

I was so sorry Rick went home, he was really missed. And as always Dave and INC I never get to spend enough time with you and your great family, I so enjoy being around all your girls, they are such nice young ladies. But I did manage to get some Anna Hugs between Christmas weekend and New Years weekend.

I hope 2013 is a good year for all, and hope to have a lot more Fiends at our GG next 12/31/13

Thanks for the pictures Carol and TJ. I have a new camera and was going to use it, but was feeling so bad I was lucky I made it outside. But as always it is great ringing in the New Year with Fiends. It was great meeting some new fiends and spending the time with ones I LOVE.

I was so sorry Rick went home, he was really missed. And as always Dave and INC I never get to spend enough time with you and your great family, I so enjoy being around all your girls, they are such nice young ladies. But I did manage to get some Anna Hugs between Christmas weekend and New Years weekend.

I hope 2013 is a good year for all, and hope to have a lot more Fiends at our GG next 12/31/13

That's what I like about SMGG. 100% Fiend Time.

Great pix. If I would have known everyone was sick

I would have showed up earlier. I got the flu on our flight to Florida and wanted to stay away until

I wasn't contagious. That's why we didn't show up till New Year's Eve. It was so nice meeting all the fiends who were still there after the the feast. Hope Rick is doing better.