Typhoid Mary Hits the Fiends for New Years

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 1st I finally felt well enough to get out some, so I ventured over to MK and played some Sorceror's. Poor Lorna felt so bad, that she went on home. Later that afternoon, got a text f

I am so sorry everyone was feeling so yucky! I guess I should be glad that I didn't get to spend more time with you, then I'd have it too. But honestly I do wish I could have hung out more. I was thrilled to finally meet so many people from FF!!

I hope everyone is on the mend and feeling better soon.

I was eat up with jealousy thinking of everyone there for Christmas and New Years. We were supposed to be there, but had to cancel. I guess things happen for a reason. Mama had a rough time through the holidays with her arms and I wouldn't have wanted her around the Typhoid on top of it.

I'm glad y'all were there and together, even if everyone was not tip top. I hope all the Fiends have an awesome 2013 and get to spend lots of time together. :heart: you guys!

First thank you for taking the cookies to Judy and Ken for me.

Oh and the candy and cake Rick and you sent home with me were delicious! Thank You!!

Hated to hear about Rick's back spasms. Hope he is feeling much better.

Hope you and all the fiends who happened to catch this crud are feeling better as well.

Not in trouble at all!!! Glad you didn't catch this mess!!!

Well, Jen, I teach as well...and ended up with a stomach virus while there. So much for a strong immune system! My 1200 mile trip down ended with the shivers, shakes, and the shhhh...

Carol, despite the crud, you took some great photos. I hope the next time we meet, we're all healthy.

Sorry everyone had the funk!

Carol, didn't you have an ear infection when we were there the first of December? :-[

I know you must have felt bad since you are the mega picture taker. Thanks for sharing the few you did get though.

Hope everyone gets better soon!

There was a $10 parking fee, but since I am a Platinum Priority Club rewards member, we got a $10 credit from breakfast, so it evened out.

Thanks for the info.

We are/were looking at that hotel on Priceline for a one night stay on our way down prior to checking in. Saw where some people were talking about the resort fee and/or parking fee. For a few $s more we can stay at Pop and utilize Disney transport to DTD. So leaning toward Pop now that I know about the fee(s).

Just all depends on when we get out of here.

Thanks for the info.

We are/were looking at that hotel on Priceline for a one night stay on our way down prior to checking in. Saw where some people were talking about the resort fee and/or parking fee. For a few $s more we can stay at Pop and utilize Disney transport to DTD. So leaning toward Pop now that I know about the fee(s).

Just all depends on when we get out of here.

I honestly wouldn't pay for that hotel. If I was using my own coin, I'd pay for something on 192 for the 1st night, but for free on points, it was awesome.

I honestly wouldn't pay for that hotel. If I was using my own coin, I'd pay for something on 192 for the 1st night, but for free on points, it was awesome.

Thanks again for the info.

I'm seeing where a good many of the hotels are charging a resort/parking fee. Plus the unknown of the hotel, I am strongly leaning toward Pop with only a few $ difference discounted. If I KNEW I would get a king bed, it would be a done deal. But going to wait to see what time we actually get out of town before we decide.

Great report, Carol.

Sorry that you and Lorna were so sick!

I hope Rick is feeling better.

I wish I could have hung around longer on NYE, but we had decided to head to Epcot for the fireworks.

TCD

I know you said you were going there how were they??? I have never been to Epcot on New Years Eve

I know you said you were going there how were they??? I have never been to Epcot on New Years Eve

The fireworks were great.

Epcot was not.

I've been to Epcot when it has been busy. But this was like nothing I had ever seen. We got there almost 2 hours before midnight, thinking we would walk around the World Showcase and find a nice spot to watch the fireworks. People were already 10-15 deep all the way around the lake! We found a partially obstructed area between America and Italy where we were only behind a couple of guests. But, by midnight, a huge mob was behind us, and pushed up during the fireworks squeezing in between us and even getting in front of us. Overall, not a very pleasant experience. Lots of very drunk and rude people. I'd rather watch the MK fireworks from the area you told me about or across the Seven Seas Lagoon at the Polynesian.

TCD

Our fireworks experience was pleasant. At 11:30 my two oldest girls and I walked down to the beach and found a quiet spot halfway between the marina and the canal. We each carried our own chair and sat comfortably watching the MK show. Afterward it was a quick and easy walk back to 500 and my nice warm bed. I'm not sure I'll ever fight the crowds to get closer. I really do not like people.

Well I am glad I didn't venture to Epcot. The way I was feeling, like Carol said, I couldn't even venture away from my loop or hardly from my site all weekend. This is the 1st year in at least 10 that I haven't seen New Year's Eve Firewooks at MK. Oh well there is always next year.