First Christmas Trip to Disney for the Buckeye Fort Family

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right time to use them when you've got an ECV that is too heavy to lift in and out of the truck 4-6 times a day. And ANY time I'm going to Epcot cause they serve the Orange Slushies and Peach Snap! ye

Heck yeah, you can come along! Just don't wear any NASCAR stuff. We like to give the illusion that we have some class.

:rofl2: Forget it, I'm out!

I'm in. Great TR.

Kudos on getting the kids to a rope drop. I can't get my one DD and DW motivated before 9:00 am.

I love the kids matching stripped shirts. I know not everyone likes the matching family shirts but I do.

Awesome job on the beer challenge. I'm a beer can myself so I can appreciate the sacrafice he made so you could get your pictures. So don't be made that he couldn't remember he was there after drinking all that beer for you.

Keep up the good work and keep the TR with lots of pictures coming.

Since the Mrs. is doing such a good job on the TR I thought I would just jump in with some Snark when the opportunity arrises.

But trust me when i say these crazy um fans hate osu way more than the irish.

You just brought a warm feeling to my Buckeye Heart on a cold winter day. Thank you!

Enjoying the trip report , especially the BOG beer challenge.

That camper on the flatbed looked a bit like my first camper, a sixties (older than me) Yellowstone.

It wasn't just being transported on there, they had the sewer connections on and attached to the flatbed. I didn't notice what kind of plates they had though.

Wow! Can't believe you did all that in one day with all the kids!

Fortunately she didn't get any pictures of me hitting them with the whip.

WOW!

I am really impressed!

First, you got that whole gang up and to the dock by 6:15.

Then, you hit the rides hard.

Lunch in the castle.

Then Dinner with the Beast!

How in the world did you score those ADR's?

And then the GRANDE SLAM!!!!!

Bragging Rights to the Buckeye Fort Family.

Totally Awesome!

TCD

When you have to drive 800 miles to get there, you have to kick some Disney ass to make it worth it, but thanks! And you get those ADR's by getting up at 5 am 190 days before your trip. They are really easy to get then for some reason.

Great job on the report Mama Buckeye! Oh, and you too Steve.

I will leave the Snarkiness to my husband since he is so good at it!

I'm in. Great TR.

Kudos on getting the kids to a rope drop. I can't get my one DD and DW motivated before 9:00 am.

I love the kids matching stripped shirts. I know not everyone likes the matching family shirts but I do.

Awesome job on the beer challenge. I'm a beer can myself so I can appreciate the sacrafice he made so you could get your pictures. So don't be made that he couldn't remember he was there after drinking all that beer for you.

Keep up the good work and keep the TR with lots of pictures coming.

Honestly the kids don't complain. They don't know how to vacation any other way. WE ROPE DROP----BABY!!!! That's how the Buckeye Fort Family rolls!

WOW!

I am really impressed!

First, you got that whole gang up and to the dock by 6:15.

Then, you hit the rides hard.

Lunch in the castle.

Then Dinner with the Beast!

How in the world did you score those ADR's?

And then the GRANDE SLAM!!!!!

Bragging Rights to the Buckeye Fort Family.

Totally Awesome!

TCD

Mr. TCD (to show proper respect to the trip report ICON)

We have been looking forward to our BOG ADR's from the minute we made them, but when the challenge was put out there...

Let's just say, it made the 800 mile trip worth it!!

Well, that and being in our happiest place on Earth- at the Fort.

Since the Mrs. is doing such a good job on the TR I thought I would just jump in with some Snark when the opportunity arrises.

It wasn't just being transported on there, they had the sewer connections on and attached to the flatbed. I didn't notice what kind of plates they had though.

Fortunately she didn't get any pictures of me hitting them with the whip.

When you have to drive 800 miles to get there, you have to kick some Disney ass to make it worth it, but thanks! And you get those ADR's by getting up at 5 am 190 days before your trip. They are really easy to get then for some reason.

I've already addressed his snarkiness

The crazy camper set-up:

I wish I could have gotten better pictures of that old camper, but I only had my Droid and the slush on the roads didn't help! We kept saying to each other, "is that on purpose? Do they climb over that flatbed rail to get in and out of that camper???" It was so crazy, had to share even though the picture was bad.

There is no whipping in the Buckeye Fort Family-lets be clear! There are plenty of M&M's, DVD's, DS's but no whippings!

I must say, the worst part of adding a trip after the 180 day mark, like we just did for this coming March, is the sinking feeling of not having absolute first choice of ADR's like normal!!!!

We left off with the celebration pictures of the BOG Grande Slam Challenge.

It is still Christmas Eve.

We left the MK after dinner, since the crowd was INSANE. We were being pushed like we were at a European soccer game. We caught “Celebrate the Magic” on our way out. That is the show where they project different scenes on the castle, like scenes from Tangled and Wreck it Ralph and many others. It was very impressive and we were glad we saw it as we had not planned to, but we had to stop walking because they turn all the lights in the park off while it is going on.

After that we walked right onto our boat.

Back in the cabin we found some towel animals from the mousekeeper.

12-28-12213.jpg

Since it was Christmas Eve and we were missing the service at our church, we did our own service in the cabin. We read the Christmas story to the kids from their Bible and put them to bed.

Another 5:15 am wake up was in their future.

December 25, 2012-Christmas Day

Santa came to our cabin and left some Disney stockings with some Disney souvenirs in them. He also left a note that said he had visited our house and left all of the gifts there under the tree, but wanted the kids to know he loves Disney too so he dropped off some things for them at the Fort.

Then it was off to the AK 7:00 rope drop. We had to wait at the parking toll booth for them to open the parking lot. This had never happened to us before. Once we were through the toll booths, instead of heading to the first row of Unicorn parking right next to castmember parking like ALWAYS, we were parked in the weirdest place ever at the AK….on the grass between the tram loading and the non-Disney bus stop.

It was dark when we parked.

So, I took a picture of the tree

12-28-12130.jpg

and waited to take the parking spot pictures until we left and there was daylight. So forgive them being out of order.

Can you spot us???

12-28-12203.jpg

Can you see the tram?

12-28-12206.jpg

Can you see the ANIMAL KINGDOM entrance behind the tram?

12-28-12208.jpg

That is our hood at the bottom of the picture.

Now that’s close!!!!

Back to pre-dawn hours at Animal Kingdom

When we got to the turnstiles they insisted on everyone using RFID cards. If you didn’t have one (like us annual pass holders) there was one, yes ONE, guy with an i-phone like device to process all the “other” tickets.

We were frustrated, but we made it in. Three of the adults headed to Expedition Everest where it was too busy for a walk on so they grabbed FP’s, while Mama and the kids went to DinoLand.

We rode Triceritop Spin

12-30-12081.jpg

and Primeval Whirl and played in the boneyard for a while. The adults joined us and then Mama and the kids walked to Africa to get safari FP’s while the other adults used their EE FP’s.

When the group was back together we walked the Pagini Forest and then rode the Safari.

We saw some great animals including a hippo out of the water

12-28-12132.jpg

and the new zebras.

12-28-12145.jpg

We walked the Jungle Trek, and then saw the bird show.

12-28-12165.jpg

It wasn’t the regular old “Guano Joe” but hey, a World Famous Tour Guide like him deserves Christmas Day off, doesn’t he?

Then it was over to Restaurantosaurus for lunch since our next destination was the Finding Nemo show at 12:30. It was a packed house.

12-28-12173.jpg

After Nemo we made a bee-line to Camp Minnie-Mickey for the Lion King and then it was parade spot time.

Parade spot time means ICE CREAM in the Buckeye Fort Family. We are a half Mickey Bar and half Mickey Ice Cream Sandwhich kind of family.

While waiting for the parade this guy came along and asked the kids to help him clean the street.

12-28-12175.jpg

He ‘painted’ a Daisy

12-28-12176.jpg

We took a Christmas vinyl tablecloth to use for parades and shows and such. It was great and you will see more of it.

We even had a cast member in the parade sit down on our table cloth and give Mama a high five for such a great idea.

12-28-12182.jpg

See the table cloth under the Cast Member?

I have to do a little parade love here.

Now don’t be confused. It is not the “Jammin’ Jungle Parade”…..

it is the “Jingle Jungle Parade” and the whole Christmas touch up was not lost on this Mama.

I love these peppermints all over this normally red Jeep.

12-28-12186.jpg

The camel was turned into a camel rocking horse, complete with oversized jingle bell halter and reigns.

12-28-12187.jpg

Santa Goofy with his Naughty and Nice lists.

12-28-12188.jpg

The partridge in the pear tree

12-28-12190.jpg

Even the cast members were decorated in jingle bells and garland.

12-28-12192.jpg

One the way out after the parade I took a close up of the AK tree and it’s themed decorations.

12-28-12202.jpg

Why beat feet out of the AK right after the parade???

Because....

we had HOOP-DE-DOO REVIEW that night!!!!

When we got back to the cabin, the kids found Mousekeeping had left Baby Mickey and Baby Minnie reading the bible.

12-28-12210.jpg

What better way to spend Christmas than twirling our napkins at the Hoop-De-Doo?

As we sit down and start our salads, we always wonder which "Six Bits" we will get. BuckeyeFortFan said we got “Bix Sits”, but he was decently funny. They replaced alot of their regular songs with Christmas songs and they were nice. "Claire" loved our 5 year old and he HATED that. It was great! Everyone had a ball. We had so much fun that we totally forgot to take pictures. So sorry!

We did a little looping after dinner to take in some of the Fort and its many Fiend’s Christmas decorations. It was pretty cold so we only hit a few loops and then headed back to the Cabin for some rest and to digest our chicken and strawberry shortcake.

Tomorrow is an EPCOT day and we get to sleep in! Rope drop isn't until 8am!

Cool! Me too!

Seriously??? We're married. You were there!!!! You drank THE BEERS I took pictures of!!!!

Fort Fiends bringing married couples closer. I think this should be the new advertising slogan. :rofl3: :rofl2:

I am in awe of how early you get your crew up and moving. We are not morning people at all. Poor DS is the only one in the house who gets up before 7:00am during the week to go to school. The rest of us are either working from home (dh) or homeschooling (dds and me) and our days start around 9:00am.

Wow, y'all do pack it in! I'm impressed! Love the kids outfits!

Rita-We say on the way home EVERY single trip that we are going to spend more down time in the campground.

I swear we are going to hang out at the Fort in March!!!! I do! I do!

Wow. Great trip report. You go fast and report fast. Awesome.

I am going to disappoint you by saying it's gonna be Thursday or even Friday before I will have time to get the next day on.

So, sorry!!!

Great pix. Keep em' coming

The pictures are the easy part of doing a trip report!

Cudos to all who do them. They are time intensive. Facebook is missing me right now.

I know I haven't posted much, but I have read over the BuckeyeFortFan's shoulder so much that I know most of you by your trip reports!

Thanks Fort Fiends! You are all AWESOME!!!

Fort Fiends bringing married couples closer. I think this should be the new advertising slogan. :rofl3: :rofl2:

I am in awe of how early you get your crew up and moving. We are not morning people at all. Poor DS is the only one in the house who gets up before 7:00am during the week to go to school. The rest of us are either working from home (dh) or homeschooling (dds and me) and our days start around 9:00am.

He usually gives me a hard time about facebook and I am frequently poking my head in his office and asking "oh, who was at the fort now?"

My kids will say all the time when I drag them out of bed at 7 each morning for school that they are tired and they need to catch up on their rest, when are we going back to Disney? :laugh:

I laugh at them because we always get out of bed earlier than normal and stay up way later. They are getting any extra rest, but I'm not gonna tell them any different. They love Disney as much as we do so, I'll take it for as long as I can!

I bow down to you amazing momma skills. We have 1 kid and have never made a rope drop. Love the matching shirts. I always try for matching shirts, I think they are so much fun.

Enjoying your report!

We have worked our way up to rope drop over the past few years. The kids are now disappointed when someone beats us to the dock in the morning or we aren't the 1st car parked at DHS. They love the Casey Jr. opening! and sitting on a the same ride 3 times in a row because there is no one in line!.

As far as the matching shirts go, this is an exception. I love to match them and always have, but now that I am shopping in 3 different departments it is nearly impossible to match them!!! Unless it is a holiday (ie Christmas) and I can buy boys shirts for all of them.

Those striped sweatshirts are great! I can't take any credit for them, my husband found them when we are at the Fort in October and bought one for each kid in our party. He is the man!! and I should get bonus points for saying it here!!! Are you reading BuckeyeFortFan?

We aren't usually there when it is cool enough to wear the same sweatshirt most of the time. They worked GREAT. We only saw 2 other kids the whole time we were there with those sweatshirts on.

You are doing a great job on this report!

I didn't know how Santa handled things for families who go to the Fort for Christmas. Now I do. Awesome.

I had a similar problem with the AK parking lot booths during a busy holiday time (Thanksgiving). I don't know what the heck they're doing, but it's frustrating to sit there as bus loads of guests pass by. When this happened to me, I actually stopped at guest services later that day to complain, and got some bonus Fastpasses for my trouble.

I have never seen them park cars where you parked. That's a pretty sweet space. I would have taken a photo too.

Going to the Hoop Dee Doo on Christmas night is awesome. Y'all are true Fiends!

TCD

I didn't know how Santa handled things for families who go to the Fort for Christmas. Now I do. Awesome.

TCD

Great thinking Cabin Santa. The year we were there RV Santa just made sure to buy smaller gifts that could easily be transported home in the RV. Now that we live in the RV well Santa has to get creative sometimes.

Great trip report but I have one complaint, you got me worn out just thinking of keeping up with your family you know how to GET IT DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must confess-we did GET IT DONE!!! this trip.

We had friends with us, who stayed at Bonnet Creek, and the 4 of them had never been to Disney.

Crazy I know but there are people out there who don't know what they are missing!!!

So we needed to show them the Disney we know. We kicked butt and showed them the best darn time we could despite it being Crazy Christmas Week!!!!

I had a similar problem with the AK parking lot booths during a busy holiday time (Thanksgiving). I don't know what the heck they're doing, but it's frustrating to sit there as bus loads of guests pass by. When this happened to me, I actually stopped at guest services later that day to complain, and got some bonus Fastpasses for my trouble.

Going to the Hoop Dee Doo on Christmas night is awesome. Y'all are true Fiends!

TCD

Bonus FP's are always a plus and nice "forgive us" gift!

Even when we don't get an awesome ADR for HDDR, we end up doing it because it rains and we want some fun.

Unfortunately we all still leave singing the OLD song the whole way back to the camper!! But I am sure you know what I mean, old habits are hard to break!

Great thinking Cabin Santa. The year we were there RV Santa just made sure to buy smaller gifts that could easily be transported home in the RV. Now that we live in the RV well Santa has to get creative sometimes.

Santa-

We have a 9yr old who is a details person (imagine that!).

So when Santa left a note in our cabin, she had to do some investigating when we were at our friend's place in Bonnet Creek later in the week.

Funny, she found the same type of note. Same handwriting, same paper, same pen.

Santa leaves no room for questions when you visit the Fort over Christmas!!!