DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

oh you even brought your Elf on the Shelf?!!? Props to you! My son loves his but I have heart failure over worrying I'll forget to move him, or even worse touch him!

I finally got to see Gwen's videos now that I'm on my laptop, great videos!! I feel like I really got to know your family through them!

That is exactly the message he left on the answering machine when he found out he'd be home. :facepalm:

Any chance you could make an mp3 and post it?

oh you even brought your Elf on the Shelf?!!? Props to you! My son loves his but I have heart failure over worrying I'll forget to move him, or even worse touch him!

I finally got to see Gwen's videos now that I'm on my laptop, great videos!! I feel like I really got to know your family through them!

Oh yeah...and the girls even said goodbye to him as we walked out the door to begin our drive to the Fort, so they thought he was staying behind. INC ran back in at the last minute and grabbed him, and he was in the trailer when we stopped for the night.

For Unto You Is Born This Day

Merry Christmas!

We were awake before sunrise. Not unusual for Christmas. I'm not sure how he did it, but Santa not only found us, he also got our gifts into the trailer without us hearing him.

Magic.

DSCN1265.JPG

DSCN1266.JPG

I started a pot of coffee and called my parents to let them know we were up. They were already in their car quietly roaming around somewhere between POR and the Fort, so they arrived in short order. Everyone was eager to see what Santa had brought them.

DSCN1271.JPG

DSCN1272.JPG

DSCN1275.JPG

My parents know me well, and gave me some Glenmorangie scotch.

DSCN1277.JPG

What I didn't get a picture of, and meant more to me than the scotch, is that my Mom gave me my grandmother's scotch glass. Tutu, as we called her, was a scotch drinker going way back, and always drank from the same glass. She passed away 7 years ago, but now I have her glass to use and cherish.

Anna watching Nana and Grampa open gifts.

DSCN1281.JPG

And helping...

DSCN1282.JPG

Barbie stuff!

DSCN1285.JPG

Ok...I'm going to depart from my normal protocol here, and insert a headline within the body of a post. Why? Because I feel like it. And because my gift from INC, coupled with my gift from my parents, makes me wonder...

What Am I, A Drunk??

INC gave me...

DSCN1286.JPG

Now I'll have something to do some cold winter weekend. Make beer! Y'all have made it sound intriguing on the beer thread, so starting out with a kit should let me know whether I like it or not.

It was amazing...but INC and I had worried about having Christmas morning away from home, with 9 people crammed into a travel trailer. But I have to say, it was so cozy and nice...one of our nicest Christmas mornings ever. It was nice having my parents with us too. I think we made some great memories!

After all the gifts were open, I headed outside to cook up some breakfast.

Cheesy eggs, corned beef hash, sausages, biscuits and coffee cake.

I neglected to get any pictures. I was too hungry! But it hit the spot.

After breakfast, I had some dinner prep to do before we could go off and do something. So I got the two crockpots out, and put together two of our dishes for that afternoon....a crock pot of lasagna and another of ham. I'd never done crockpot lasagna before, and I can tell you that I'm not sure I'll ever bother with the oven again. It was awesome! And the crockpot ham was incredible as always. But that is a conversation for later.....for now, we have some exploring to go do.

My parents wanted to go visit another resort. We settled on heading to the Poly. But first we did some looping around the Fort, and visited the Meadows area.

DSCN1287.JPG

DSCN1288.JPG

I hear someone likes to fish from this dock.

DSCN1289.JPG

Bear rock.

DSCN1290.JPG

I had the hardest time explaining to my mother where the bear was. She wasn't seeing it. And I'm like "it's right there!". And she's like "really? a bear?". And I'm like "see that rock on the right? the nose is facing right.". And she's like "a bear??".

It was all very frustrating.

So we moved on.

Bike Barn...former golf cart barn.

DSCN1291.JPG

We headed down to the marina to catch the resort boat to the Contemporary.

DSCN1293.JPG

And here it comes!

DSCN1294.JPG

Mandatory shot.

DSCN1296.JPG

We made it quickly to the CR, and headed up to the monorails. Things were still pretty quiet at the resorts at this point.

DSCN1298.JPG

DSCN1299.JPG

DSCN1300.JPG

DSCN1301.JPG

DSCN1302.JPG

We arrived quickly at the Poly, and made our way down to Capn Cooks for a snack. Everyone seemed to be in the mood for something sweet.

Stella got her beloved Mickey bar. This was her first one since the cruise, when she had them several times a day.

DSCN1303.JPG

Emma had Dole Whip, and Gwen also had a Mickey bar.

DSCN1304.JPG

My parents shared a Dole Whip.

DSCN1305.JPG

Another Mickey bar.

DSCN1306.JPG

INC and I shared a yogurt parfait thingy...no pic.

We wandered the Poly grounds for a bit.

DSCN1307.JPG

DSCN1308.JPG

This is still a really pretty resort, after all these years.

About then, we decided to head back to the Fort, via monorail to the MK and the big boat. That trip back is coming up....including a bunch of pictures of Anna sucking her toe. Stay tuned!!!

May we have your "crockpot lasagna recipe" please??

It's so easy it's pathetic.

First off...use a crock pot liner. Makes cleanup so much easier.

You need:

Box of lasagna noodles, uncooked

1 1/2 pounds ground beef

onion

garlic

spaghetti sauce, maybe two jars if not using homemade. one jar leaves the lasagna too dry

ricotta cheese (maybe a couple cups, depending on your preference)

mozzarella cheese

Cook the ground beef and chopped onion with some garlic. I did this back home and froze to make it easier.

In crock pot, put some sauce and meat down, then a layer of uncooked noodles broken to fit the pot. A layer of ricotta. Then just repeat layers. End with a layer of sauce, or the top layer of noodles won't cook well. Cook on low 8 hours. In the last half hour or so, throw some mozzarella on top to let it melt in good.

That's about it. If you prefer you can doctor up your ricotta with egg and stuff from a regular lasagna recipe, but for camping I just spooned it out of the container.

Wow, you had an amazing Alcohol themed Christmas, Dave! By the way, not only do we have our roots in common and a common affinity for distilled beverages, but we have a Villages connection. FWGirl's uncle and aunt live there.

Considering all of that, maybe you could do me a favor and introduce me to Bobby sometime?

Start brewing some beer and it might happen. Bobby loves the home brew and won't leave my place until its gone.

And by the way, it's pretty obvious from her video that Tinkerbelle is a dude.

Some. things. can. not. be. un-seen....

It's a boy!

lol! kind a looks like big "healthy"boy....lol

The videos were cool and tink is definitely a dude.

First thought that popped into my head when I saw him. Dude!

As Dave Devores posted, it's a girl.

I guess you six knuckleheads don't remember my recent thread about me being backstage and watching her come in for the catch. She comes in pretty fast and is caught by a guy holding a big pad. While it's screened-in and you can't see the final seconds, you can see who comes down from the rooftop platform. I saw a girl that night, I'll say it again, it was a girl in a very tight white body suit that walked down from the roof. The only other people up there was a very large man that actually catches her and and another male CM carrying a very large bag with everything she wears. That's it, 3 people and one was a girl.

Is it always a girl? Don't know, but because of the special nature of the act, whoever it is, has to be very similar in size and weight. Why would Disney risk the embarrassment if someone got a photo, and anyone can go back there if they really want to, of Tink being a guy? Why in world wouldn't they use a girl?

I am usually bummed when we aren't able to meet the fiends that are at the fort when we are, but I am so happy our crews didn't meet this trip. We would have had dueling Santa reports. Not having the camper and our friends were flying so there was no place to store gifts down and back, short of shipping them.

We don't do Elf on the Shelf, but we do Randal Reindeer who brings naughty and nice reports in his messenger bag. The morning we left the kids found him in the truck ready with his reports. He disappeared while we were at the parks on Christmas Day like he always does and we didn't see him the rest of the trip.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Day! The pictures of gifts seem awful manly, but I am sure when all those gifts were open you floating in a sea of girly stuff.

Why in world wouldn't they use a girl?

If Peter Pan can be played by a girl, why the hell can't Tink be played by a boy? Are you saying there would be something wrong with that?

I am usually bummed when we aren't able to meet the fiends that are at the fort when we are, but I am so happy our crews didn't meet this trip. We would have had dueling Santa reports. Not having the camper and our friends were flying so there was no place to store gifts down and back, short of shipping them.

We don't do Elf on the Shelf, but we do Randal Reindeer who brings naughty and nice reports in his messenger bag. The morning we left the kids found him in the truck ready with his reports. He disappeared while we were at the parks on Christmas Day like he always does and we didn't see him the rest of the trip.

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Day! The pictures of gifts seem awful manly, but I am sure when all those gifts were open you floating in a sea of girly stuff.

Plenty of girly stuff for sure. Although Anna got a cool new thing to use with her matchbox cars. She loves playing with cars and trucks. But she also loves baby dolls, and loves to rock them and put them to bed. That stuff just seem to come natural for girls.

okay, I'm right there with your mom, I can't see the bear. Never can, if someone could be so kind to bust out some editing tools and drawl a face or something on it for me?!!?

I'll take this one.

Here's a good photo of the bear when the water is higher. Can you see how it looks like a bear swimming in the water going after that stick? :

FWVacOct09350.jpg

In case you can't, here's an annotated version of the photo pointing out the bear's features:

bearrockannotated.jpg

Can you see the bear now?

TCD

Well, Dave, I was away from the computer all weekend, and I come back to find that I am way, way behind on this report.

Great job.

Your best Trip Report ever!

And that's saying something.

I loved:

-Gwens videos!

-Anna riding the pony, and Stella being a great big sister!

-Free cookies and cider!

-Donald!

-Santa!

-Tinker-Bill (well, I really don't like him, but I loved the discussion about him, especially how Lou tries to defend him).

-The Big Red Wagon (I didn't get a chance to see it in person).

-The Christmas Story!

-Crock Pot Lasagna! (I am totally making that the next time we camp!).

OK, I think that's it.

But, I'm sure I missed something.

This is a great report!

TCD

Dave, love the gift of the scotch glass. That is very sweet. Your parents seem to be really great. We did the same thing a few days later with my parents, show them around and spent some good quality time for 24 hours. I owe my parents my love of the fort, they raised me pop up camping there. :)

As Dave Devores posted, it's a girl.

I guess you six knuckleheads don't remember my recent thread about me being backstage and watching her come in for the catch. She comes in pretty fast and is caught by a guy holding a big pad. While it's screened-in and you can't see the final seconds, you can see who comes down from the rooftop platform. I saw a girl that night, I'll say it again, it was a girl in a very tight white body suit that walked down from the roof. The only other people up there was a very large man that actually catches her and and another male CM carrying a very large bag with everything she wears. That's it, 3 people and one was a girl.

Is it always a girl? Don't know, but because of the special nature of the act, whoever it is, has to be very similar in size and weight. Why would Disney risk the embarrassment if someone got a photo, and anyone can go back there if they really want to, of Tink being a guy? Why in world wouldn't they use a girl?

Wait. Did you just call me (and 5 others) a knucklehead?

Well, this is all I have to say about that: :raspberry2:

And I will be reconsidering my pie offerings in the future!

I have carefully examined the picture and have had it analyzed by my friends at CSI. The conclusion is that Lou has some gender identification issues. Tink is a dude.

I'll take this one.

Here's a good photo of the bear when the water is higher. Can you see how it looks like a bear swimming in the water going after that stick? :

FWVacOct09350.jpg

TCD

I so wish to see the water level back at that point. Bear Rock is not Bear Rock high and dry like it is now.

Wait. Did you just call me (and 5 others) a knucklehead?

It's not the first time and I suspect not the last time.

Well, this is all I have to say about that: :raspberry2:

Ditto!

And I will be reconsidering my pie offerings in the future!

You got me. I'll take you off the knucklehead list...........for now.