DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Since my no disney for a while status maybe changing I asked Jordie about the under the sea. Remember this is a 5yr old princess nut.

I didn't like it she said. Ursula was tooo scary. I guess all that twisting and stretching Jason mentioned is not appriciated by all the younger set.

So I guess we are on the suck monkey butt wagon.

Great Splash Mtn photos - that's a whole lotta screamin' right there! And totally agree on the ride as a whole.

And FWIW, I've been singing those lyrics for years. You meant to tell me they're wrong? 8)

I always thought those were the lyrics, and finally Googled to see. Nope. Never would have guessed what they really are. But even knowing the real ones doesn't change what's in my head everytime I hear the song.

When you're right, you're right.

We finally agree on something?

Love the update, the waffles are on the list... way to many fiends recommend them. The pretzels I have not tried either. I need to eat more snacks.... Yeah thats it.... We got stuffed behind Main Street during July one time, definately took away some of the magic.

Yes, more snacks would definitely be a good idea. Just don't spoil your dinner.

You should proud of all the tags created within this TR.

I cant believe you or Stef dont have one that says "Show us your bone" though

He waffles all looked good. That is on my list of things to try.

The no backstage pics thing was a bit confusing. They asked you to go that way and then you got yelled at for taking pics even though they didnt tell you not to take pics prior to you taking pics and the CM subsequently yelling at you. Perhaps there was some Disney Imagineering subliminal message thingy that needs to get fixed? They will do that when they fix the Yeti.

It was very odd....definitely not Disney at it's finest. Not sure who's call it was to start sending guests backstage...but I'm going to blame it on the idiot whose portrait hangs in the gift shop by Gaston's.

I also like how FWG turned your TR into the shameless thread for a minute.

He was on a roll for sure.

I haven't rode the Ariel ride yet. Seems some like it and some hate it, can't wait to find out for myself! I wouldn't want to go backstage, it would mess up the magic. Enjoying your pics!

Thanks! I do hope you enjoy the ride. Maybe I need to give it another try. Unfortunately that won't be for quiet a while.

Loving your pictures!! You really do have the loveliest ladies.

Whose sweatshirt is Anna wearing? She looks like she has a snuggie on, all bundled up and cozy! And that pink hat. Totes adorbs!! (you have teenage girls, I assume you've heard this terminology?)

Agree w/ FWG…..careful about the clandestine photography. Or at least, don't post any of it on Youtube like that Adam fellow did.

I think it's just a big sweatshirt that INC brought to fit over her coat in case it got cold...which it did!

Since my no disney for a while status maybe changing I asked Jordie about the under the sea. Remember this is a 5yr old princess nut.

I didn't like it she said. Ursula was tooo scary. I guess all that twisting and stretching Jason mentioned is not appriciated by all the younger set.

So I guess we are on the suck monkey butt wagon.

Alright! Bo is on Team Dave. I think I'm way in the lead.

Ok someone needs to tell us newbies about this Adam the woo guy and what he did to get banned.

Thanks TJ!

Nice job on the backstage photos.

For clarification, where did you exit? Was it by the Plaza restaurant, or over by the Buzz meet and greet? I had never seen an exit by the Buzz meet and greet, but they were using it on 12/30. We weren't leaving then, but I really wanted to walk back there to see where we would end up.

TCD

We exited by the Plaza...near the bathrooms. Straight back to Tony's.

Dave,

Such a great trip report! Such fun everyone is having.

My Mom also got yelled at one year for taking photos while exiting thru that back area in the Magic Kingdom. She was so embarrased, she is quite a rule follower and didnt even realize that she as doing anything wrong......course, then I was ticked that they yelled at her......

Ready for the next update!

Heidi

I would just like to applaud FortFiends.Net and it's supporters for not being a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking A-Holes. Other, lesser forums would never tolerate an individual rating a Disney attraction as "sucking monkey butt." If anyone be so foolish as to suggest such a thing they would immediately be flamed and possibly accused of actually sucking monkey butt themselves...literally.

So here's to you, Mr. and Mrs. non kool-aid drinking A-holes.

If anyone be so foolish as to suggest such a thing they would immediately be flamed and possibly accused of actually sucking monkey butt themselves...literally.

You got that right.

Thank you, thank you very much.

We can add that to what we were called by someone on the other board.

Let's see how well it rolls off the tongue. Loud, foul mouth, obnoxious, drunk, non-kool-aid drinking A-holes. I like it.

You got that right.

Let's see how well it rolls off the tongue. Loud, foul mouth, obnoxious, drunk, non-kool-aid drinking A-holes. I like it.

:thumbsup2:

Walt wouldn't approve of the backstage reroute.

No, he wouldn't.

Dave,

Such a great trip report! Such fun everyone is having.

My Mom also got yelled at one year for taking photos while exiting thru that back area in the Magic Kingdom. She was so embarrased, she is quite a rule follower and didnt even realize that she as doing anything wrong......course, then I was ticked that they yelled at her......

Ready for the next update!

Heidi

On behalf of your Mom, I say "poo" to the nasty CM's.

I would just like to applaud FortFiends.Net and it's supporters for not being a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking A-Holes. Other, lesser forums would never tolerate an individual rating a Disney attraction as "sucking monkey butt." If anyone be so foolish as to suggest such a thing they would immediately be flamed and possibly accused of actually sucking monkey butt themselves...literally.

Are you saying I'm foolish? :rofl3:

j/k...I know exactly what you mean.

You got that right.

:thumbsup2:

Well said BFF!

And well said Lou; every fiend's BFF!

That sounds about right, Lou.

But Aaron, please don't encourage him.

I'm starting to wonder why Disney doesn't somehow 'dress up' the backstage escape route in a way that would make it un-photogenic, or so boring that if anyone did take a picture, it would be no big deal. It sure seems like they use it often enough, judging by how many people here have actually had to use it to get out of the park.

Oh, and I'm totally enjoying your trip report. Your girls have the most striking eyes and hair! (spoken by someone with hair that wouldn't curl if my life depended on it :) .)

You Stick A Guy With A Camera In A Restricted Area, What Do You Expect?

At about this point, a CM yelled at me, telling me not to take pictures back here. I snapped this one right as he was yelling, startling poor Emma.

I call that last shot "Caught Red Handed".

So I put the camera away and we walked on.

But seriously??

I have some advice for Disney. If you don't want the public taking pictures back there, DON'T LET THEM WALK BACK THERE!! Wow, that would be simple. I do not believe that Walt would approve of letting guests get so much as a peek of a backstage area, much less use it to funnel guests out of the park! Sure, I appreciated the speedy bypass of Main Street during a very busy parade time. But there certainly was something un-magical about it, and I frankly regretted that we had gone that way.

Amen mah friend! Been there done that! Got accosted by a CM during The Great Splash Mountain Evacuation of 2010! There are now photos of The Snickering Rabbit Room and a storage building w/parade floats on the internet! Serves them right! If they don't want it photographed then they'd better hide it! Warning has been served. :))

Great update! The castle photos are beeeautimous!

Makes me feel very insignificant, having only been called a pot-stirring idiot. But at leat I can say i am friends with loud, foul mouth, obnoxious, drunk, non-kool-aid drinking A-holes. :D

I'm starting to wonder why Disney doesn't somehow 'dress up' the backstage escape route in a way that would make it un-photogenic, or so boring that if anyone did take a picture, it would be no big deal. It sure seems like they use it often enough, judging by how many people here have actually had to use it to get out of the park.

Oh, and I'm totally enjoying your trip report. Your girls have the most striking eyes and hair! (spoken by someone with hair that wouldn't curl if my life depended on it :) .)

I know....you would think they could create another exit route if crowd sizes have reached a point not anticipated when the parks were designed.

Amen mah friend! Been there done that! Got accosted by a CM during The Great Splash Mountain Evacuation of 2010! There are now photos of The Snickering Rabbit Room and a storage building w/parade floats on the internet! Serves them right! If they don't want it photographed then they'd better hide it! Warning has been served. :))

Great update! The castle photos are beeeautimous!

I cannot imagine any CM yelling at you. Unfathomable. :rofl3:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, you bunch of pot stirring, loud, foul mouth, obnoxious, drunk, non-kool-aid drinking A-holes....I am going to try to get this report moving again. Working on an update.

I'm starting to wonder why Disney doesn't somehow 'dress up' the backstage escape route i

They try. They usually bring in large planter tree boxes to somewhat obscure the view along one side. There is nothing on the route that any normal person, remember we're talking about Dave here, would want a photo of. The CM was probably yelling at Dave, hey dummy, why are you taking a picture of that plastic fence?

You'll also read elsewhere that there are dumpsters along the route, that's false. It's one mostly hidden trash compactor. There's a big difference between the two. You don't see any trash with a trash compactor.

So you see the very mundane backs of the Main St. USA buildings or a white plastic fence, big whoop. Everyone knows that the buildings are just facades, they're fake. You all know that, right?

Un-magical, get over it. It's an amusement park. It's not a holy shrine. Everything backstage is what it should be.

If someone doesn't want to see all that real stuff and be scarred for life, then they should wait until Main St. reopens or look down if they do walk back there.

And BTW, Walt is still dead and couldn't care less what you knuckleheads see backstage.

After being funneled through the backstage area to exit the park and being yelled at by a rude CM for taking pictures, we found ourselves in Town Square. It was during that time of the evening between the MSEP and Holiday Wishes, which were taking place at 10pm that night IIRC. Our intention was to hightail it straight to the boat and get outta Dodge.

But on our way past the Town Square Theater, INC asked me what goes on in there now. I told her I think they do Mickey greetings. So, we decided "what the heck" and into the theater we went.

There were two seperate queues you could choose from....a Mickey queue and a Princess queue. The princess one was shorter, so we decided to get in that. But a CM informed us that they had closed off that line, but we could get in line for Mickey if wanted to. So we did.

DSCN1418.JPG

This is a really odd use of space, if you ask me. When standing in line, it is obvious that this building was intended to be much more than it is being used for. That character meetings are such an afterthought for this beautiful building. But at least it is being used.

It obviously can get much busier than it was at that moment.

DSCN1419.JPG

No way would I ever wait if those queues were filled up. Yikes!

The wait for Mickey takes you through a room set up like an old bank office. Very odd.

DSCN1420.JPG

DSCN1425.JPG

DSCN1426.JPG

DSCN1427.JPG

What in tarnation was that area used for before Mickey showed up?? I can't imagine they decorated it this way for him....it's quite strange. When standing in there, you just feel like you are inside someplace that was used for something else, and then they stopped that use and the building was simply locked up and abandoned. Then they needed someplace for Mickey to greet guests after they bulldozed Toontown, so they just unlocked the doors and BAM, there's Mickey.

In any case, after just a few minutes in the office setting, a CM took us into the next room where Mickey himself was greeting folks. When it was our turn, the girls took turns getting hugs.

DSCN1429.JPG

DSCN1430.JPG

DSCN1431.JPG

Anna had a cute look on her face here I think.

DSCN1433.JPG

And she looks so happy here too...as do they all!

DSCN1434.JPG

How can you NOT be happy when you are meeting The Big Guy himself?

After that, we were filed through another doorway and back into Town Square.

It was getting close to 10 now. We debated whether we'd hang out on Main St for Holiday Wishes, but it was very crowded, and seeing Mickey didn't change the fact that it was cold and we were tired.

So we headed to the boat, and one was arriving right when we walked up. I told the girls to get seats on the left side of the boat if possible. They argued a bit and said they could see the fireworks better on the right side as we sat at the dock. But I told them to trust me. Sure enough, the fireworks started just as we shoved off, and they had a great view as we made our way across Seven Seas Lagoon.

Why do kids argue with their parents? They don't respect the experience we have! :rofl3:

That's it for 12/26. The next morning we got up and headed to Hollywood Studios. That is coming up in the next update, along with.....STELLA!!!!!!!

They try. They usually bring in large planter tree boxes to somewhat obscure the view along one side. There is nothing on the route that any normal person, remember we're talking about Dave here, would want a photo of. The CM was probably yelling at Dave, hey dummy, why are you taking a picture of that plastic fence?

You'll also read elsewhere that there are dumpsters along the route, that's false. It's one mostly hidden trash compactor. There's a big difference between the two. You don't see any trash with a trash compactor.

So you see the very mundane backs of the Main St. USA buildings or a white plastic fence, big whoop. Everyone knows that the buildings are just facades, they're fake. You all know that, right?

Un-magical, get over it. It's an amusement park. It's not a holy shrine. Everything backstage is what it should be.

If someone doesn't want to see all that real stuff and be scarred for life, then they should wait until Main St. reopens or look down if they do walk back there.

And BTW, Walt is still dead and couldn't care less what you knuckleheads see backstage.

Until now, I had figured that the first thing out of Walt's mouth after they thaw his head would be "Hey you idiots, close that gate. I don't want guests back there". Now I'm convinced that will be the second thing out of his formerly frozen lips. The first will be "Fire that idiot bus driver".