DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Just catching up, but great trip report Dave. That was a lot of eating two weeks. I applaud you sir!

Thanks Brent!

Yes, it was a lot of food...but we did have a lot of healthier, homecooked meals too. I just didn't post pictures of them as they are boring. :rofl3:

Hey, where you been young man?

And don't applaud Dave, he's getting way too many up arrows as it is.

Yeah, but I'm like Smith Barney. I get arrows the old fashioned way....I earn them! :rofl2:

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Earlier in the report, I mentioned how I wanted to make a shadow box of some of my favorite Fort items...including the kazoo that TCD bought for me on eBay and I found in the wall behind the cowboy butt tile at Pioneer Hall.

Well...today for my birthday INC gave me a shadow box. Here is the result:

2013-02-17%252012.37.02.jpg

On the left...a real Fort horseshoe that a blacksmith there gave me, and a River Country pin I won in one of the FF pin auctions that Mo put on.

2013-02-17%252012.37.45.jpg

And on the right....the kazoo, a Melvin the Moose pin that Izzy traded with a CM for on the Dream cruise last year, two Mickey pins (one of them Musket Mickey) I won in a pin auction, and my treasured FWRR spike from TCD.

2013-02-17%252012.37.30.jpg

At some point I will get some brown wire to mount the spike less visibly.....but I love how it turned out!

But sitting peacefully, watching the Lion King show, but more importantly, watching Anna's reaction to the show, changed me.

I got more enjoyment out of experiencing the show, with the top notch Disney music, choreagraphy and sets, than riding the thrill rides. Experiencing it through Anna's eyes made it that much better.

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter has William's Sydrome. She adores everything about Christmas and the first time we stayed at the Fort and during December, she was awestruck by all the decorations. Just watching the joy on her face makes the trip all the more special for me.

Very nice Dave.

Thanks Lou!

That looks great!

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out. It will go in my office for now to torment remind me of the memories.

I know exactly what you mean. My daughter has William's Sydrome. She adores everything about Christmas and the first time we stayed at the Fort and during December, she was awestruck by all the decorations. Just watching the joy on her face makes the trip all the more special for me.

We met Josephine our last trip to the Fort. She's such a lovely lady and spent quite a bit of time talking to our Nikki.

Loved the TR! So glad you shared all the wonderful pictures of your family having Disney fun! ^-^

Glad you have some great memories too with your kids. I guess that's what it's all about. Thanks for reading!

Well, I had to go back a bunch of pages to catch up, but it was worth the time for sure. Love the food pics, Dave. I hope that hot dog you grilled up was from WNY, where the greatest hot dogs come from.

Got a little misty with the pics of the Biergarten. Haven't been there in many years since I was banned for life from there.

Had my picture taken by a security guy at the Contemporary by the Mickey sculpture, but the jerk ran off with my camera. Guess he felt outnumbered with your group.

It appears that the Tink on the float at MSEP may indeed be female, however since it was a back shot, can't be sure.

Thanks for the one picture at the Osborne lights of the blonde girl in the tan coat.

Ponies be crazy. For shizzle.

Fo shizzle is my brother's favorite saying. It rather humorous coming from a mid 30 actuary.

Imagine how it sounds coming from a mid 50's dentist.

Well, I had to go back a bunch of pages to catch up, but it was worth the time for sure. Love the food pics, Dave. I hope that hot dog you grilled up was from WNY, where the greatest hot dogs come from.

Got a little misty with the pics of the Biergarten. Haven't been there in many years since I was banned for life from there.

Had my picture taken by a security guy at the Contemporary by the Mickey sculpture, but the jerk ran off with my camera. Guess he felt outnumbered with your group.

It appears that the Tink on the float at MSEP may indeed be female, however since it was a back shot, can't be sure.

Thanks for the one picture at the Osborne lights of the blonde girl in the tan coat.

Ponies be crazy. For shizzle.

Interesting comments, Jim.

I WISH those hot dogs had been Sahlen's. But alas, they were your run of the mill Nathan's. Blech. No wonder I had to cover them up with leftover sloppy joe meat.

Fo shizzle.

Fo shizzle is my brother's favorite saying. It rather humorous coming from a mid 30 actuary.

Imagine how it sounds coming from a mid 50's dentist.

:rofl2:

GREAT TR!! I'm so hungry now!

Happy belated birthday. I'm sure it showed up on the b'day thread, but I can't always follow it. Sorry. Too hard to keep up with! But I love that someone thought of it.

That shadow box is awesome!

Or, as my kids would say, "legit".

Dave- I love the shadow box! Great job!

Or, as FWG would say: That thing is the shizit!

TCD

Next time I get to the Fort I will bring it with me to show off my goods.

GREAT TR!! I'm so hungry now!

Happy belated birthday. I'm sure it showed up on the b'day thread, but I can't always follow it. Sorry. Too hard to keep up with! But I love that someone thought of it.

That shadow box is awesome!

Or, as my kids would say, "legit".

Legit? Is that word back? As in "too legit to quit"? ???

Next time I get to the Fort I will bring it with me to show off my goods.

Legit? Is that word back? As in "too legit to quit"? ???

I don't know, maybe it's just around here? My kids and their friends say it a lot, and I heard Stef's "adopted" son Jordan say it once. Might be a regional thing only in FL.

My husband referenced that very rap song to them and promptly received the "oh brother" eye roll.

I had a thought on your shadow box plans for the wires. You might try taking some of the steel wire you have already, that you used to secure the RR spike, and leave it outdoors. Over time, there is a chance it will rust and blend right in with the spike.

Finally caught up Dave.

A few things:

MSEP does not SMB.

But neither does Tiki Room or EWP.

Slide video=awesome

I didnt like your feet either so no worries.

All your family pics were very sweet. I love that your daughters look out for each other. That must come from you and INC which makes you both not SMB in my opinion.

Biergarten is very good and I need to go back.

I have not done BOG but I think it will be on the list for December.

Sorry Izzy got sick. That SMB.

Finally, I hope things look up sooner than later and you all get back to the Fort earlier than expected.

Peace.

I don't know, maybe it's just around here? My kids and their friends say it a lot, and I heard Stef's "adopted" son Jordan say it once. Might be a regional thing only in FL.

My husband referenced that very rap song to them and promptly received the "oh brother" eye roll.

I had a thought on your shadow box plans for the wires. You might try taking some of the steel wire you have already, that you used to secure the RR spike, and leave it outdoors. Over time, there is a chance it will rust and blend right in with the spike.

Yes! That's what I need....rusty wires.

Umm, how's INC feel about you offering up to show off "your goods"

Uh....no comment on that.

Wonderful report; it's been great seeing your girls grow up over the years! I'm sad y'all won't be back down for a while but it looks like you ended on a good note! Now we just need another cruise TR from you :jumpforjoy

I would LOVE to write another cruise TR. Really, I would. Only I have no cruises planned. So maybe I will just make one up. Stay tuned for "DaveInTN's Epic Fake Cruise Adventure".

Finally caught up Dave.

A few things:

MSEP does not SMB.

But neither does Tiki Room or EWP.

Slide video=awesome

I didnt like your feet either so no worries.

All your family pics were very sweet. I love that your daughters look out for each other. That must come from you and INC which makes you both not SMB in my opinion.

Biergarten is very good and I need to go back.

I have not done BOG but I think it will be on the list for December.

Sorry Izzy got sick. That SMB.

Finally, I hope things look up sooner than later and you all get back to the Fort earlier than expected.

Peace.

My responses to your comments:

We have to disagree about MSEP. But I agree with you regarding Tiki and EWP. Glad you enjoyed the slide video. I enjoyed filming it. Thanks for the comments on my girls...they are really good kids and I am so proud of them. They fight like any sisters...but they DO love each other and that warms my heart. Take me with you to Biergarten. I hope you enjoy BOG.

Thanks for reading!

• 1 month later...

I just spent the better part of my morning reading your TR.

Good job! Looks like y'all had fun.

Random thoughts:

- Anna is absolutely adorable!

- Nice kazoo. :)

- They should totally bring back Melvin's show.

- MSEP does not SMB. Spectro, however, does. Big time.

- I was getting all excited about waffles with maple butter and candied pecans. The fact that they're no longer there does SMB.