Habit Heroes reopens with new story - Epcot Innoventions

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that, after some retooling of the story of the attraction, Habit Heroes, located in Innoventions in Epcot's Future World, has reopened...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-epcot-habit-heroes-reopens-20130117,0,4369198.story

The new version may not be demonizing overweight people like the original, but it still sounds like something I have zero interest in when I'm ON VACATION! We spend every day working to provide healthy choices and positive messages to our kids. I really don't want to hear it from anyone else...not the government, not Hollywood, and certainly not Disney.

So let's play Match Game.

"Poor Disney. They just can't win. They came up with another bad idea for an attraction, so DaveInTN told them to take it and shove it up their tight, skinny, _________.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Habit Heroes closed this week with no notice, leaving only 3 operating exhibits.

From WDWMagic...

Epcot's Habit Heroes now permanently closed at Innoventions
2 hours ago in "Innoventions"

The health and wellness exhibit at Innoventions East opened in February 2012 and immediately faced difficulties with its portrayal of the overweight.

After just over a week of operation, the attraction was closed for a rework, reopening in early 2013. The buff action figures, Will Power and Callie Scenics, who fought chubby animated villains including Lead Bottom and Snacker were removed, and the storyline rewritten.

Habit Heroes closure leaves just Storm Struck, The Sum of All Thrills and the recently opened Colortopia operating at Innoventions East.

Innoventions West saw all of its activities closed in April 2015, with some off that space now being used for character meet and greets.

Article Posted: Jan 21, 2016 / 12:54pm EST

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/innoventions/news/21jan2016-epcots-habit-heroes-now-permanently-closed-at-innoventions.htm

We visited Innoventions East today. Colortopia was way less than impressive.

Not too sure what they were trying to get across, except advertising Glidden Paint.

You wait to go into a room, they only let about 8 people in.  They change the color of the lights to make the walls change color and talk about how colors supposedly affect you.

Then you can go out and play a game and make wheels spin.

They you wait again to go into another room whey eventually you are given a magic paint brush to paint a mural.  It's a big version of 100s of apps and programs you can get on line.

Then if you downloaded their app while waiting in line (you get told about it at least a 1/2 dozen times) you can send your masterpiece to the app, or without the app you can email it to yourself.  Mine arrived, my wifes never did.

Innoventions was never all that great.  It did have a couple of good moments here and there over the years, but it's a waste of space for the last few years.