Living with the Land Inspiration

After this past Christmas trip, my DH thought it was time to bring a little bit of EpCot ingenuity home. After watching a few YouTube videos and research, my DH threw together his own plans for a hydroponic system in our basement.

So proud of him...

samu9y3a.jpg

Next step...lights and seeds!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very tasty! Just added a bit of balsamic dressing and dried cherries....and wallah!

I love posting! It's funny to see my DH and I rush to the basement to check the status of our little "sprouts". We're so proud. They're like our children...only they stay put and don't talk back.

Snow Day Salad...courtesy of our basement garden! Hydroponic Garden Harvest - Winter 2013 Hearty tomato plants look promising for future salads... :)

I'd like to try fresh herbs. Basil, chives, parsley, thyme, etc. Maybe a bit of catnip or greens for our kitty...

My DH is thinking of seeds to start our garden indoors. Tomato, green pepper, cucumber, beets, beans, etc.

We'll see... :)

Please keep us updated. The Land is my favorite ride at EPCOT. I always want to try out some stuff they do. :jumpforjoy

Tony and I talked about it last time, but would be concerned about high humidity.

And I remember and episode of Holmes on Homes where something like this was tried. But they weren't growing herbs, they were growing HERB. :flush2:

After this past Christmas trip, my DH thought it was time to bring a little bit of EpCot ingenuity home. After watching a few YouTube videos and research, my DH threw together his own plans for a hydroponic system in our basement.

So proud of him...

samu9y3a.jpg

Next step...lights and seeds!

This would be an awesome science fair project.

I like the idea of using it to start your plants to transplant to the outside garden and then reusing it for herbs/spices afterwards. Looks pretty cool. How big is it?

4' x 6' ish

Update on our mini-Living with the Land...

Tiny little seedlings of banana peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, basil, cilantro, and spinach are sprouting from the rock-wool. Almost time to insert into the hydroponic apparatus. :yay:

d071f0845c472b6cea93fa5b86340475.jpg

Very cool. That's my husbands favorite part of Epcot. He built a new greenhouse in the fall and wants to implement some of what he saw in Living With the Land to see if he can do it.