• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I will take a stab at translating what these questions really mean... Disney can't possibly allow bugs to intrude on my magical time, can they?!?! They'll be sorry if they do, because I promise I'll

i don't normally do this, but convince me I need to go Camping

My cousin's co-worker's SIL has a friend with 4 kids, and they stayed in the cabins at Camp Wilderness. I am SO not the camping type, but I wonder if the cabins would work for my family. I worry som

A few more.

Whispering Canyon seems nice, but my daughter is extremely shy and I'm worried that the server won't understand and we'll end up with an obnoxious server who will upset my daughter and also annoy me!

Really, I think there is a better chance that the server will be annoyed by an obnoxious mother.

We are staying at the Swan, my biggest concern is the coffee situation!

Wow, the heck with concerns about the room, housekeeping, transportation, or food, just to name a few, but this guy's biggest concern is the coffee.

Please tell me that the CMs aren't always so short and cold with guests.

Short and cold, she must have been on my bus that day.

When we do online check-in, should I put down that this is our honeymoon? I don't want to seem like I'm asking for extras or looking for attention..

Yes you are. Why else would you want them to know that you're on your honeymoon?

I hate to spoil the magic for you, that's a lie, I like doing it, but CMs really couldn't care less that it's your birthday, your brat's birthday, or your couch potato of a husband's birthday. And that goes for anniversaries too.

I want to rent an electric golf cart but I am not sure where I will be able to get gas for it at the Fort.

Maybe i will just stay at the Poly.

What should I do?

That's a silly question Aaron.

Everyone knows that the Disney Imagineers are always ahead of the technology curve and they have designed the GCs with solar panels. So don't bother plugging the cart in to recharge it, ever. Trust me on this.

And don't bother looking for the solar panels, they're concealed under the floor.

Ok Lou, you made me go look. And look at what I found...this is an actual thread:

"I just received my "itinerary" from Dreams Unlimited and it mentioned a petting zoo at Ft Wilderness.

Can anyone confirm that this is still available and where I might find it?"

So it seems that Nightmares Unlimited dispenses just as good information as their Boards do.

I shall once more put on my interpreter's cap (not to be confused with my dunce cap)...

Whispering Canyon seems nice, but my daughter is extremely shy and I'm worried that the server won't understand and we'll end up with an obnoxious server who will upset my daughter and also annoy me!

I live in an alternate reality where it makes perfect sense to take a painfully shy person to one of the most guest-interactive, boisterous restaurants availalble. I just want to be sure in THIS reality the servers will agree to go against all their training and the general theme of the restaurant to accomodate my child. Oh yeah, and I personally want to see what happens when I ask for ketchup, but I plan to have my child hide under the table when I do.

We are staying at the Swan, my biggest concern is the coffee situation!

I've heard that the Swan isn't *really* a Disney resort, and I'm very concerned they may not serve that delicious Nescrappé that I love so much.

Please tell me that the CMs aren't always so short and cold with guests.

Why aren't the CMs farting rainbows and bending over backward to accomodate guests like me with insanely unrealistic expectations for my "once in a lifetime" vacation that I'm paying damned good money for?

When we do online check-in, should I put down that this is our honeymoon? I don't want to seem like I'm asking for extras or looking for attention..

I really want Disney to "surprise" me by acknowledging my honeymoon and showering me with freebies and upgrades, but I don't want it to seem like I'm expecting them. Should I note my honeymoon on our reservation and request buttons that I can attach to my forehead every time I leave our room?

"I just received my "itinerary" from Dreams Unlimited and it mentioned a petting zoo at Ft Wilderness.

Can anyone confirm that this is still available and where I might find it?"

I was told by my sketchy travel agent that I can take the train past the peacocks over by River Country to the petting zoo. Can anyone confirm what hours Minnie Moo is accepting visitors?

Mickey wouldn't sign the autograph book and then take the picture. Mickey wanted the photo first. My little snowflake knows the proper order and Mickey ruined it for us by not following the game plan. Is this normal because it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Mickey wouldn't sign the autograph book and then take the picture. Mickey wanted the photo first. My little snowflake knows the proper order and Mickey ruined it for us by not following the game plan. Is this normal because it left a very sour taste in my mouth.

...and boom goes the dynamite.

:LMAO

This is how it's done guys, real posts. And silly at that.

I hear that Space Mountain cars can be challenging for bigger people to get out of. Is it the same as getting out of a bath tub? It’s difficult for me to put my arms on the sides and lift myself up. Is it anything like that? If it is, I'll have to practice before I go.

Buy bigger people, I think she means BIGGER people. This person is concerned about being able to get out of the Space Mt. car, so it sounds like she'll be using the bath tub to practice on. Poor bath tub. I wonder if they'll be water in it? The tub not the car.

I need ideas on what to put on my toe nails for a pedicure before I leave for WDW? I'm thinking about Mickey with 3 dots.

How about one big dot and two smaller dots?

What kind of ponchos should I buy to use at WDW? The cheapo kind meant for one time use or a more expensive kind that you can use over and over.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, what will she do?

She's not expressing a concern about when to go, what resort to stay at, what order to do the parks in. where to eat, how to get around WDW, but she is very concerned about what poncho to buy.

If you can't find Bodyglide, most Walmart stores carry Monistat anti-chaffing cream. It works really well, and dries to a nice, powdery finish. It's found in the feminine product aisle. I use it for inner-thigh chaffing.

This one gives me the willys.

When the words anti chaffing cream, powdery finish, whatever that is, feminine product aisle, and inner-thigh chaffing, comes up in two sentences, it can't be a good thing.

My father suffers from severe motion sickness and can't ride the monorail or the ferry to the MK. Is there a way to get there other than by those two methods?

You could use the Star Trek Transporter.

This post doesn't sound too bad until you consider that they are staying at OKW. There is no ferry or monorail to MK from there, just the buses.

The dad had to get to OKW either by car or bus, so he must be ok with taking a bus to the MK.

Also, you'll probably experience more motion on a WDW bus ride than on the ferry and monorails.

Just a tiny amount of research would go a long way in this case.

Lou, you made me look too.

There's a rare two page thread currently raging, where the remaining Fort wizards are jumping all over some new guy, and he's giving it right back. Somebody better report this to WMK. There's some name calling going on.

And, there's another thread there where someone is asking the resident wizard, who has been to the Fort maybe 5 or 6 times, for advice. Some other helpful experts chimed in to mention this great app that has photos and info about all the sites. LOL! I reckon we'll have some more new members here soon.

TCD