Oh, and I just want to say, I am sooooo happy you joined and are asking all these questions! Our little group is only two years old, and while we have gotten lots of new users, most have been to the Fort before and saw our signs, or was referred by someone else.

It has been fun and refreshing to introduce a true Newbie into the proper Disney ways and the Fort!!!!!

Agreed! I think it's especially exciting to help someone plan for the first time.

But for the record, I found FF through google. However, I was far from a Disney newbie.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I can translate.... Y'all=Southern Southern=good

Masshole, residents of Massachusetts, it is an achieved title for driving faster, being reckless cutting other drivers off, and having no patience for other drivers. I grew up and lived a third of my

Well golf carts help one get off their feet....so it's a pretty natural progression to then talk about chicken feet. Obviously.

No, carts are not necessary. They are just plain FUN! I like tooling around and looking at other peoples campers, and the little nooks and crannies of the Fort I would never walk to, and couldn't drive to.

I wouldn't rent one from Disney though, way too expensive.

You have the right idea about not rushing at the parks, and spending time at the Fort. If you are planning on coming back through the years, then take it easy and do one park a day, and get a good feel for each park. Do your research on what you want to see in each park, and use the fast pass system. Read the trip reports here to learn some tidbits of how other people do it and what there is to see.

For your days at the fort I'd suggest renting a cart. If you have two or three days that are together you will be spending at the Fort, get the cart for those. As others have said, your car is useless unless leaving the fort. If you are going to pick up pizza ( I can't believe they don't have delivery) at Trail's end, you will have to take bus, unless you can balance a pizza on the handlebars of the bike. If you are very far from Trail's end, that pizza will be cold by the time you get it back to the camper.

I love carts, and have four or five laying around the farm, for different purposes. I bought an old 8 passenger limo cart in florida and have used that at Disney in the past.

Ahhhh yes. Definitely lock your bikes up!

Mine got stolen from the bike rack at the marina in 2009 after a marathon 14 plus hour day at Magic Kingdom. Hubby notified a CM who called OCPD. They came and took a report but the bike was never found. OCPD told Hubby that since the Fort is a "transient" park - meaning more folks than just campers come through there - it isn't the typical camping crowd once you get outside the loops, with whom you can leave your wallet on the outside table and never worry about it, etc.

Never owned bike locks before then, definitely do now.

(for the record.....the thief did me a favor because I hated that bike. HAHA. Santa brought me a new one that year)

Fort management did provide me with a free bike rental for the remainder of the week, I thought that was nice.

I'm pretty sure that cakehenn is a dude.

As far as I know he hasn't explained What The Fort a cakehenn is, or why he isn't cakerooster.

TCD

Yep...I'm a man... haha. Henn is my last name...it's actually Marc Henn. Cake is a nickname a bunch of guys gave me during a long (and drunken I might add) night at a BBQ cookoff. Apparently I woke up in my sleep and walked toward my friend with my arms stretched out like a zombie saying "CAAAKKKE!" Instead of brains I wanted cake I guess. Ever since then all the guys call me Cake. There are worse nicknames I suppose. My wife won't allow me to take our RV on any of these BBQ cookoffs for some reason. HAHA

Yep...I'm a man... haha. Henn is my last name...it's actually Marc Henn. Cake is a nickname a bunch of guys gave me during a long (and drunken I might add) night at a BBQ cookoff. Apparently I woke up in my sleep and walked toward my friend with my arms stretched out like a zombie saying "CAAAKKKE!" Instead of brains I wanted cake I guess. Ever since then all the guys call me Cake. There are worse nicknames I suppose. My wife won't allow me to take our RV on any of these BBQ cookoffs for some reason. HAHA

Now that was a story worth waiting for.

LOL!

TCD

We rented carts twice before buying our own. We use it at the Fort at least oce a year and at home around the yard or neighborhood. Our kids are special needs and wheelchair bound, so a cart make moving them around a lot easier. We still use the internal busses to reach the Outpost or Settlement to go to the Parks unless just one kid is with us. We go looping, runs to the Trading Posts, the Outpost for mail, laundries, boat watching, visiting, etc. But we are usually at the Fort for weeks and spend as much time at the Fort as we do at the Parks. Our (relative) visitors often borrow it to make late evening EMH trips via Outpost bus or Marina boat. The drawback to a cart is that you can't drive outside the Fort, even to the Lodge....and you must have a drivers license.

...Apparently I woke up in my sleep and walked toward my friend with my arms stretched out like a zombie saying "CAAAKKKE!" Instead of brains I wanted cake I guess. Ever since then all the guys call me Cake. There are worse nicknames I suppose. My wife won't allow me to take our RV on any of these BBQ cookoffs for some reason. HAHA

Wow, you really are in the right place!

You may now be aware that Lou goes around yelling "PIEEEEEEE!!!" all the time.

Difference is he does this at random people's campsites... and he's not drunk. :rofl2:

man or woman doesn't matter to me, so long as you say 'y'all' CakeHenne then we'll be keeping you :) Cute story too

I was born a Mass-hole and have been living in NH for the past 23 years and I now walk around saying "y'all" all the time! :heartsmiley:

Pretty much what it sounds like. ;)

Urban Dictionary has some pretty funny (and sadly somewhat accurate) definitions of your typical Mass-hole.

http://www.urbandict...p?term=Masshole

In my case it mostly just means I was born and raised in Massachusetts, and most of my family is still there.

I long ago unlearned the typical driving habits of the average MA resident (primarily in the East-Central part of the state) that earned us the name in the first place. 8)

Masshole, residents of Massachusetts, it is an achieved title for driving faster, being reckless cutting other drivers off, and having no patience for other drivers.

I grew up and lived a third of my life in Mass and the next third 15 minutes from the Mass border. Based on that description, maybe I shouldn't be driving a bus.