Joffrey's Coffee to replace Nescafé in Disney Parks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bobby told me at my blizzard party last night that Disney will soon be announcing that the official beer of Walt Disney World will be (insert drumroll here). IRON CITY BEER. All beer kiosks throughou

Here is the very first photo published anywhere that I have seen of one of the new Joffrey's machines in action.   This photo was taken at the Art of Animation food court on June 8, 2013:     First P

NEWSFLASH #1:   Joffrey's has arrived at the Wilderness Lodge.  Here are their gleaming new machines:     They serve both decaf and regular:       There are brand new soda machines here too.  So far

Here is the very first photo published anywhere that I have seen of one of the new Joffrey's machines in action.

This photo was taken at the Art of Animation food court on June 8, 2013:

What info did you think Mo's impeccable secret source gave her that was slightly incorrect?

What info did you think Mo's impeccable secret source gave her that was slightly incorrect?

I am surprised that you saw that.

I edited that out of my post just a couple of minutes after I posted it.

I thought the machine was different from the photos, but after looking again, I realized the earlier photo was correct.  Seeing it in person,  I thought the baskets for the coffee grounds were much bigger than those in the photo, but on closer examination, they are not.

So apologies to the impeccable source for my questioning his impeccableness.

TCD

So apologies to the impeccable source for my questioning his impeccableness.

TCD

That's what I figured. I'm sure Mo's source will accept the apology.

Remember that if Mo posts something from that source, it's always, always, directly from the Mouse's mouth and not an opinion or taken from another non WDW site. If it's wrong, then it's Mickey's fault.

Remember that if Mo posts something from that source, it's always, always, directly from the Mouse's mouth and not an opinion or taken from another non WDW site. If it's wrong, then it's Mickey's fault.

Why does the above make me think of  :kickinass:

..or Dave's

• 2 months later...

NEWSFLASH #1:

Joffrey's has arrived at the Wilderness Lodge.  Here are their gleaming new machines:

81413009_zpsb66c39ca.jpg

They serve both decaf and regular:

81413008_zps06af70eb.jpg

There are brand new soda machines here too.  So far, they aren't set up to require RFID chips, but it looks like that will be coming soon.  Until then, feel free to illegally fill up your sports bottles:

81413010_zpsec9f4fbb.jpg

NEWSFLASH #2

Joffrey's has arrived at the Fort:

81413063_zps66e0588e.jpg

And not only the Joffrey's machine is new.  The Fort now has a real hot cocoa machine.  Oh happy day.  So thoughtful of them to install this in August!

The Fort has not yet received a new drink machine.  It's the same old same old for now:

81413064_zpsf822b310.jpg

Note how the Fort only has one Joffrey's coffee maker.  And note how it says don't use it.  There was no coffee in it.  I guess if a guest wants coffee, he will need to track down a CM and ask her to make it:

81413065_zpsc522fcfc.jpg

I have no idea what the plan is for the decaf drinkers.

Oh, wait, I was wrong, here's another decanter, and it has coffee in it!  It's sitting off to the side by where they used to have the ketchup packets:

81413067_zps6b084dcb.jpg

Since I received demerits for not tasting the coffee at AOA, I tried a bit of the Joffrey's here.  I forget how long Lou says it's supposed to stay hot in the decanter, but whatever length of time that was had been exceeded.  The coffee was just above room temperature.  Even so, it was better than Nescafe.

Welcome to the future.

TCD

ok so we can have good coffee or hot coffee but not good hot coffee.  Maybe later.   Did you happen to check out the TP to see if they have the new machines yet?

Nope, didn't make it to the Meadow TP.  There are no drink dispensers or coffee in the Settlement TP.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the Meadow TP has Joffrey's now. 

There are Fiends on the scene who are asleep at the switch here.

TCD

Oh, wait, I was wrong, here's another decanter, and it has coffee in it!  It's sitting off to the side by where they used to have the ketchup packets:

81413067_zps6b084dcb.jpg

Since I received demerits for not tasting the coffee at AOA, I tried a bit of the Joffrey's here.  I forget how long Lou says it's supposed to stay hot in the decanter, but whatever length of time that was had been exceeded.  The coffee was just above room temperature.  Even so, it was better than Nescafe.

Welcome to the future.

TCD

Hmmm, TCD.  I seem to remember there being two Fiends in particular who suffered the wrath of the Almighty Great One for questioning this move back in February.  Those two Fiends pointed out that, if they made a move back to brewed coffee, there would be issues with the coffee getting old, going cold, or being brewed with used grounds and thus being weak.  Your Fiend on the Scene reporting seems to vindicate those two....whomever they may be. 

Hmmm, TCD.  I seem to remember there being two Fiends in particular who suffered the wrath of the Almighty Great One for questioning this move back in February.  Those two Fiends pointed out that, if they made a move back to brewed coffee, there would be issues with the coffee getting old, going cold, or being brewed with used grounds and thus being weak.  Your Fiend on the Scene reporting seems to vindicate those two....whomever they may be. 

Quote the posts where anyone suffered wrath from anyone regarding the quality of the coffee being better or worse. 

Whatever info was posted was taken from the announcement, which the two Fiends doubted was for real.

Quote the posts where anyone suffered wrath from anyone regarding the quality of the coffee being better or worse. 

Whatever info was posted was taken from the announcement, which the two Fiends doubted was for real.

I never doubted the announcements were for real, but rather expressed my belief that the switch was not to provide better coffee, it was about money.  My biggest issue has been that this switch would not work well all of the time in the "less busy" locations, or "less busy" times of day.  While one instance does not make a representative sample, it is a bit disconcerting that the very first time a Fiend has experienced Joffrey's coffee at the Fort and reported back here on it, the coffee wasn't hot.  I stand by my prediction that this will not go well.  Between the hours of 8-10am the coffee will usually be hot and fresh.  Any other time of the day it will be hit or miss.   

Nescafe may not have been the best coffee in the world, but the quality (good or bad) and temperature were consistent.

At the end of the day, I really don't care though.  In the event I get back to the Fort, I will brew my own anyways.  And enjoy it with a nice, gooey MSB cinnamon roll. 

I never doubted the announcements were for real, but rather expressed my belief that the switch was not to provide better coffee, it was about money.  My biggest issue has been that this switch would not work well all of the time in the "less busy" locations, or "less busy" times of day.  While one instance does not make a representative sample, it is a bit disconcerting that the very first time a Fiend has experienced Joffrey's coffee at the Fort and reported back here on it, the coffee wasn't hot.  I stand by my prediction that this will not go well.  Between the hours of 8-10am the coffee will usually be hot and fresh.  Any other time of the day it will be hit or miss.   

Nescafe may not have been the best coffee in the world, but the quality (good or bad) and temperature were consistent.

At the end of the day, I really don't care though.  In the event I get back to the Fort, I will brew my own anyways.  And enjoy it with a nice, gooey MSB cinnamon roll. 

I recall all that, and I don't agree, or disagree, but you accused someone, who shall remain nameless, of giving two Fiends wrath of which you have been vindicated. Where is the quote(s) of the two Fiends receiving wrath?

Maybe "wrath" is a strong word....how about "strongly pushing back on any opinions not in line with Mouse propaganda"?  :rofl3:  

No BS here "oh great one", it's true.

What doesn't sound right?

The Starbucks deal is for only one location at each park.

Anyway, if Mo says it's official, it's official.

Yes it does. They are very clear about it.

I think TCD finally accepted it, but he's very skeptical and will be watching them like a hawk. And if it fails, watch out for the wrath of T.
Yes T, short for TCD. We're on a first name initial basis.

WHAT is there not to accept?

Maybe "wrath" is a strong word....how about "strongly pushing back on any opinions not in line with Mouse propaganda"?    

No propaganda on Disney's part. It's what they announced that they were planning to do, and in fact, did do.

No wrathing going on there. I think the quotes posted above speak for themselves. 

• 3 months later...

Joffrey's opens two new kiosks in Hollywood Studios. 

Run them out of town on a rail!

How dare they invade sacred ground that Walt may have sloshed through. 

I've heard that if you stand on your head and look at their logo with one eye closed, and squint the other eye, it kinda, sorta, almost, looks like a satanic mermaid giving you the bird.

Speaking of satanic mermaids, do the Joffrey's kiosks mean no Starbucks for Hollywood Studios?

TCD

Below was released by Disney in March of 2012.

The first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open in June at Disney California Adventure Park, followed by locations in Disneyland Park and, at Walt Disney World Resort, in Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Each of the Starbucks locations inside the parks will be designed to fit the theme of its surroundings.

Below was released by Disney in March of 2012.

The first of six planned Starbucks locations is scheduled to open in June at Disney California Adventure Park, followed by locations in Disneyland Park and, at Walt Disney World Resort, in Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom. Each of the Starbucks locations inside the parks will be designed to fit the theme of its surroundings.

Goody.

Plenty of coffee for everyone!

So what's taking so long for the Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom Starbucks?

TCD