Tangled Area/Restroom in Fantasyland Opening Soon

From WDW Magic - follow the link for photos...

The new Tangled themed restroom area being built in Fantasyland is expected to open later this month and we've got a new photo update showing you the latest progress.

It appears that the work on the buildings is now largely complete, and crews are busy on the ground working on the rest and relaxation area. Head to the photos below for a look.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/fantasyland/news/12feb2013-photos---tangled-themed-restroom-area-in-fantasyland-set-to-open-soon.htm#.URqRNBqX8T4.twitter

We have been by this several times. Its hard to believe it is just restrooms and a rest area.....anything about the meet and greet there?

I still haven't seen anything official, but I agree, this is way too much work for just a restroom.

I also agree.

And it's very odd that there has not been any official announcement from Disney about what this is all going to be.

It is very unlike Disney to not hype something.

The TCD twins are convinced there will be a Rapunzel meet and greet there. And, I think they're right.

TCD

I also agree.

And it's very odd that there has not been any official announcement from Disney about what this is all going to be.

It is very unlike Disney to not hype something.

The TCD twins are convinced there will be a Rapunzel meet and greet there. And, I think they're right.

TCD

So we are going to meet a princess by a toilet. That will be a Royal Flush.

I think I heard somewhere that this area will include at least one family bathroom and alleive traffic congestion going from Fantasyland to Liberty Square with extra path space. And hey, as a female, I believe there can never be too many bathrooms! :yay:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually looks pretty cool....they have really gone specifically into the "Tangled" theming - I immediately noticed the lanterns that are hanging all over the area. I predict a "Flynn Rider" meet and greet, similiar to Gaston by his tavern. Flynn Rider can be almost as entertaining as Gaston and could also work the open space like Gaston does.

It's interesting that this area is referred to as part of "New Fantasyland"...at least on some of the non-Disney sites. It is not at all contiguous with the New Fantasyland area. But the general look and theming fits more into NF than into the existing Fantasyland area of Small World and PP. Makes me wonder two things: 1. will the existing Fantasyland area be updated at some point with new theming, like new building facades that tie into the NF "look", and 2. how long until the tag "New" is dropped and the entire area is just known as Fantasyland.

...will the existing Fantasyland area be updated at some point with new theming, like new building facades that tie into the NF "look"

They've already been doing some of that over the last couple of years. I forget exactly which facades got the updates, but I seem to recall part of it was also changing up the roof on the tea cups.

They've already been doing some of that over the last couple of years. I forget exactly which facades got the updates, but I seem to recall part of it was also changing up the roof on the tea cups.

Yes, and there has been a scrim (one of those painted fabric things) hanging on one end of Small World for a while now.

Rumor has it that once these new Tangled restrooms open up, there's going to be work done on the Peter Pan queue, which may be expanded to include the space currently used by the restrooms over there. It will probably be an interactive queue. They're all the rage now, you know.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Peter Pan exterior get a New Fantasyland makeover.

TCD