AC's Fort/Bay Lake Tower February 2013 Trip Report

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to whip my iPad out in Gettysburg and block stuff just so everyone feels like they are in Disney :) I may bring Adam's stroller and ram it into people too!

Aaron, remind me when we meet in person someday to whack you over the head with an iPad.

I was going to ask the same question! LOL. Looking forward to Date Night Pood Forn. As much as I agree with you on the Boneyard...Anna says we are both wrong and that the place rocks.

Could use some more pictures. Pictures of cookies if you have them.

It was a happy day for the TCD gang when the twins no longer needed car seats. We had some real battles over those.

Great update, Aaron.

Love the football tossing at the Settlement pics!

And the lawnmower tree stump.

Oh, and I saw that Southern Comfort Zone reference. I love that song (even if I am a reformed yankee).

Good job!

TCD

I'm pro-responsible-car-seat-usage, and pro-this-trip-report! I'm excited about a FW/BLT report, as I love both resorts (though BLT doesn't hold a candle to FW). I'm also looking forward to seeing pics of the rental pup, as I'm always wanting to make sure I know about all options for WDW trips!

Leslie

I have to say that we I was a total failure as far as taking inside picks of the PUP. It was in new condition though because it was well, new. They had princess and Cars bedding inside for the kids and left a new in the package cinderella figure toy and a new in box puzzle for the kids. There are some good pics on their website, FortCamperRental.com. I know some other fiends have rented that PUP also so maybe they would be willing to post some pics for you also.

Glad to have you along. I hope you have another TR coming soon. There has been a severe lack of the rhino face on FF lately.

I'm in and so impressed with the cookies! Your kids are adorable!

Thanks Rita. I will let the CM (cookie master) know.

:bravo: :thumbsup1: :yaysmilesa-smiley:

Thanks SSBB!

Add me to the pro responsible car seat usage.

DD 11 only got out of her booster seat about a year ago. I was strict about her meeting the height requirement. I also have a rule that they cannot ride in the front until they are taller than me (5'2") DS16 and DD12 can ride up front (though for DD12 not on the interstate). DD11 is getting closer, but not there yet. It does help with not having to hear the shouts of "shot gun!" that I can remember my siblings and I doing.

So,

Did you all get the "Baby-Maker" pop-up?

Part One: good for you!

Part Two: I hope not.

My 14 year old is 5'5". She just got to ride shotgun about a year ago. She's officially taller than me as well.

My son is 6, almost 7. I can't see him getting out of the booster seat anytime in the foreseeable future.

Really, if they have always been in them, they don't know any different and don't complain about it......so why not keep them in them?

Our daughter at 8 finally got tall enough to leave the booster

She is gonna be your meal ticket then. WNBA and Euro basketball contracts in her future?

I'm in the pro car seat group. My DD8 is still in her car seat and she's tall enough to ride any ride at WDW. She keeps asking about going to a booster but I just want her as safe as possible. If I had it my way she'd be in a race car seat with a helmet and five point harness.

Do you think I'm over protective?

Not at all. What's wrong with that. It works for Danica, Johanna, and Ashley.

I am from KY and had not heard of Big Bone Lick State Park, since I am more south of the park. But had to look it up out of curiosity,

here is another site with information http://www.statepark..._bone_lick.html Most of the state parks I have visited

here in KY are very nice parks.

Thanks for the link. I think their should be a Fiend GG at BBLSP.....

Great start to your TR! Looking forward to more.

Thanks Gwen. I hope you are having better days and getting some deserved rest.

I still use a car seat.

Me too. I thought I was strange. You've helped a lot.

Could use some more pictures. Pictures of cookies if you have them.

There will be more food pics but not sure if their will be any cookie pics unless the Fiends that were "cookied" want to share?

I will be driving past Big Bone Lick SP later today.

It didnt happen if you dont have pics.......never mind.

My youngest (17) just got out of his car seat only because it would not fit behind the steering wheel :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Mom!! Dad!! You're embarrassing me!!!

It was a happy day for the TCD gang when the twins no longer needed car seats. We had some real battles over those.

Great update, Aaron.

Love the football tossing at the Settlement pics!

And the lawnmower tree stump.

Oh, and I saw that Southern Comfort Zone reference. I love that song (even if I am a reformed yankee).

Good job!

TCD

Thanks. I hope to be a reformed Yankee someday too.

When I left you we were going to be headed to the Campfire show and movie.....

So we headed to the campfire in our Cart after visiting with Dave and Linda.

Feb2013DisneyTrip090_zps1e3397a7.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip087_zpsca7698a8.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip091_zps6dca36b0.jpg

IMG_2681_zpsab9460f6.jpg

IMG_2682_zpsf68b53e3.jpg

IMG_2680_zpsc1b68d92.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip092_zps9c4799c3.jpg

We watched probably the first 45 minutes or so of Toy Story 3 and the kiddies were nodding off, so we headed back to the camper to put the kids to bed. Within 2-3 minutes of their head hitting the pillows, this is what I saw:

IMG_2683_zpse44f9319.jpg

DW and I were asleep shortly thereafter.....those were two long days.

The next day would be our first full day at the Fort and it was to be a Fort only day.....we'll see how that works out in the next update.

2-3-13

In the morning we had breakfast inside the camper and then headed out to do some exploring and "cookie" more fiends. Most of the Fiends were already gone.

We looked for Devores but no such look. We found DraftHorseCrazy and had a nice conversation with her, her husband, and their guests. We also found a FF gentlemen from Madison, Wisconsin but for the life of me I can't remember the name I saw on the FF sign.

We cookied the MomofMany and SpartnMan92 Family as well.

We tried to hook up with Mr and Mrs of Bears that morning but they were gone. We hung onto the cookies because they were on the hellion 2000 loop with us and I knew we would have another chance later.

We left cookies at Podcat's place also and then went on a mission to see a few places at the Fort that you may recognize:

7B3B8C60-A1BD-4027-B47A-3260CF7D039E-318-00000115FC0F3AD2_zpseef86bbc.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip093_zpsb5334020.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip095_zpsbe52ecc3.jpg

The cool thing about this spot for me is that I can stand at the Fort also see one of our other favorite place's, Bay Lake Tower and the Contemporary......where we would be staying later in the trip.

Next we were headed to another great place:

Feb2013DisneyTrip096_zps7fca7a41.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip097_zps4706c5f9.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip098_zps8e7f6047.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip099_zps2e07a87f.jpg

One of the horses was being brought back in to the stable and by the time I was ready, this is all I got:

Feb2013DisneyTrip100_zpsd86fafb6.jpg

A couple more including the CM doing TCD's dream job:

Feb2013DisneyTrip101_zpsfe81b0c5.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip102_zps6aa72c9a.jpg

Next we saw "Doug" which happens to be FIL's name so the kids thought it was funny:

Feb2013DisneyTrip103_zpsc019ac28.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip104_zps8108b2ba.jpg

Then DD4 decided she wanted to try a pony ride so of course I had to oblige:

Feb2013DisneyTrip105_zpsb22f5645.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip106_zps7754aae3.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip107_zps5c68f324.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip108_zps52b9ef1f.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip109_zpscc06a004.jpg

She loved it and what she loves, daddy loves. DS got to "help" me walk the pony because he was too big to ride. He was more than happy to do that.

One more pick before we leave TCD's namesake:

F72E4F6A-D5C1-468A-AEB9-2E7947840077-318-0000011899CC47F4_zpsa1e795ae.jpg

After a quick break near Pioneer Hall where I got to start the live TR, we headed for the meadows for a certain all-american Super Bowl Sunday activity.

Love that you can wing it on the fly like that and made a memory for your little girl.

Thanks Annie. DW and I try our best to make it fun for them.

Photos from TCD's favorite spot and the ranch in one post?

Outstanding!

Love the pony ride photos.

That's what it's all about there. Big brother did a good job too!

I'm wondering what Superbowl Sunday activity you wil be doing at the Meadow(s)?

TCD

Thanks

You will see very soon.

PS - I can do a GG at BBLSP

If we can get some fiends to agree on a date we could probably make it work. Not sure what kind of sites, amenities, etc it has.....but I could look into it.

Reformed?

That implies a negative where there is none.

You meant to say TRANSPLANTED Yankee

There is one negative but its out of our control.......it it fricking freezing.....and I have no use for snow and cold after the holidays and hunting season is over.

Maybe not in Ohio.

But I escaped from Joisey.

And I thank the Good Lord every day that I did.

I like my Southern Comfort Zone.

TCD

me toooooooo!!!!!!

I like your southern comfort zone too. It is mine also. I just regretfully don't get to stay there for long.

When we left off we were headed to the Meadow or Meadows for an All-American Super Bowl Sunday activity.

We got there a bit early so we took the all-important side by side slide photo of the younglings:

Feb2013DisneyTrip110_zpse009c36c.jpg

Then we had to get DS7 to his game:

Feb2013DisneyTrip113_zps6c0f15b0.jpg

Feb2013DisneyTrip117_zpsb2b2ff4e.jpg

See if you can pick him out. You may also see an old fart in a red shirt and sunglasses, sitting back at free safety playing centerfield. The CM there would not allow the game to start until the odd number of players situation was fixed.....so I got roped into it. Some of you may know I have a horrible back so this was done grudgingly and I mostly stood back and watched things happen......but I couldn't let DS not get his game on bc of a stupid rule like that. Afterward and during was pure pain and it will likely not happen again anytime soon. I actually tried to get DD to play but she was content playing at the playground with DW.

I did get two interceptions playing against these teenagers and youngsters. I felt a bit like Billy Madison playing dodgeball at times, but they could handle themselves quite well so it was all good.

We got behind 28-7 and ended up losing 35-28. DS pulled the most flags by far and made a couple sweet catches on offense, but he was still pissed that we lost. He is definitely my son.

After football, we went into the trading post to get a refreshing and tasty treat. They weren't served on a platter like they are on "The Dream", but they were still just as good:

E91C702C-69D4-4658-82AE-E2A4C7CFBEDE-318-00000125656821E9_zpsbdba1e94.jpg

Just after we finished our Mickey Premium ice cream bars, everyone's favorite bus driver appeared at our site.

Lou stopped by and we had a nice conversation for awhile. He also gave me this:

50E65F88-DC0F-49B6-9EB6-88E7676021F8-318-0000012741A9C178_zps7acc0fbf.jpg

I did not get any pics of the visit but that would be remedied at the First Annual February 13th Fiend Pizza Bash later in the trip.

Thanks for stopping by and dropping off the spike. Thanks to TCD as well for collecting said spike. There will be another update later in the trip involving the spike........but for now....we will move on.

After Lou moved on to attempt to spike MomofMany and Spartnman92, we decided to head to the Marina. Where are we going? Tune in next time....