AC's Fort/Bay Lake Tower February 2013 Trip Report

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to whip my iPad out in Gettysburg and block stuff just so everyone feels like they are in Disney :) I may bring Adam's stroller and ram it into people too!

Aaron, remind me when we meet in person someday to whack you over the head with an iPad.

I was going to ask the same question! LOL. Looking forward to Date Night Pood Forn. As much as I agree with you on the Boneyard...Anna says we are both wrong and that the place rocks.

The Killers were neat, but probably not enough to give up a Disney Park day for during the up coming trip. The photos look great though.

Yeah, you have to like all that stuff to make it worth your while.

DS loves orcas in particular but marine life in general so it was a sort of non-disney must do for us.

Before I can get to another update, I have to go back to 2-2-13 for a moment. When we got back from the grocery store, Familyof Bears came looping by in their truck and we had a nice chat. We hooked them up with some cookies and figured out we both had plans to hang out at the Settlement that evening. We hooked up with them again at the settlement while the kids played on the playground. Our daughter and their daughter hit it off and DS enjoyed throwing the pigskin around with Mr. of Bears. DW and I had a nice time talking to Mr and Mrs of Bears and some friends they had been hanging with that weekend. We both hope to meet up with them again in the future, whether it be at the Fort, a GG, or whatever the case may be.

Okay, when we left off, we were headed back to the Fort from Sea World. We had plans to just Fort around the rest of the day. While we were working on dinner, MomofMany, Spartnman92 and their kids looped by. We chatted with them for a bit which was nice. We had met them previously at the Michigan GG last summer. What a great family they have. We are hoping there will be some type of GG in Michigan this summer or at least somewhat close to Michigan so we can see more of them too.

After eating dinner:

IMG_2721_zps90cd5342.jpg

We looped a bit more and then headed to the beach for Wishes:

IMG_2725_zpsdee99b4a.jpg

The kids brought snacks with them and you may see DD eating a homemade granola bar while watching the fireworks:

IMG_2728_zps62746669.jpg

IMG_2727_zps209ec6ba.jpg

IMG_2726_zps24b57813.jpg

We were having a hard time hearing the music due to the boats coming into the marina and DD loves the music so I walked her up to one of the speakers and we watched and listened from there. She has seen Wishes played on Youtube on my phone numerous times but other than at Clementine's Beach when she was 1 1/2, she had never seen it in person. This didn't count either. I knew she needed to see it at the castle so that would be coming at some point later in the trip. If she can love it that much on my phone, in person it would be priceless.

Tomorrow, would be a Magic Kingdom day. We were also thinking about going to a place that we had seen a lot of pictures of, but thought we should all see in person for the first time.

Great photos and it looked like you guys had a good time. Sorry the food SMB but that's good information to know. Now get us back to WDW.

We are back. I hope you enjoy the rest of the report.

I went to Sea World a couple of years ago. Those rays are pretty aggressive. I tried feeding them and they were all over me splashing and actually killed a camera of mine with their splashes. Fortunately it was an old point and shoot.

They are aggressive and we did get splashed a couple times. DS got soaked pretty bad on one occasion.

Those coasters look pretty good. I haven't been to Sea World since 2001 or so. We're thinking of going there sometime if we get to FL to visit my parents without a Disney trip.

They are all good rides. I recommend them all but the Manta is by far the best. It's nice for me too because the way the tilt you forward to "fly"; the ride puts no pressure on my back

Fireworks on the beach..... magical. :)

It was a moment I will treasure. DD loved it and she loved finally seeing them in person with Daddy rather than just in a video.

Really odd you mentioned homemade granola bars. I was telling DH I was going to look for a recipe for them. We love the Quaker chewy bars but can't have them because of the peanut allergy. Can you send me the recipe that was used (unless its like flax seed other stuff like that!)

I will check with DW and send it your way.

I am an iPad fan, but I don't understand the use as a camera. The picture quality sucks and they are way to bulky to be used that way.

When is the future going to catch up with that ice cream? That stuff has been around at least 30 years. The first time I had it was at the Space Center in 1983.

Are you allowed to eat those fish, or is it strictly sushi for dolphins?

I am an iPad fan, but I don't understand the use as a camera. The picture quality sucks and they are way to bulky to be used that way.

The correct reference for people using iPads in public and blocking people's view is "you look like a tool and the video sucks". Now repeat after me "you look like a tool and the video sucks!".

I love iPads just not when people are blocking the view of others at stuff.

You're in a lot of trouble meatball. (obscure movie quote)

Okay, I give up. What is the obscure movie?

And by they way, I'm a little disappointed. I fully expected a snarky from Stef. Where is she?

Those coasters look pretty good. I haven't been to Sea World since 2001 or so. We're thinking of going there sometime if we get to FL to visit my parents without a Disney trip.

You shut your mouth. A FL trip without WDW and Sea World instead?

Weird.

I have never been to Sea World (went to the one in Texas a long time ago). I suppose we'll have to head over there some day, but it's hard to go there and buy tickets when we have AP's to WDW.

Decisions...

Ouch.

I must admit, most of the stink centers around that darn river and that ugly neyland stadium.

AC first, great trip report! Loving it and enjoy the time your family takes with the trip. This is how our family does it, especially when my kids were the same age as yours. I am going back to read your live report.

Now about the the stinking comment...

At least the Tennessee River had the good sense when it was forced to flow into Alabama to turn around and come back. It was fortunate enough to avoid GA completely. It is one of the few rivers in the Northern Hemisphere to flow north for any great distance.

Regardless, I love reading from all the Fiends, even those that make fun of our great state. Remember Davy Crockett is from TN. Maybe named that Stinking Creek. And we know how much Disney loves Davy Crockett and thus Tennessee by default.

Quality posts coming.

Good to know.

Agreed.

When is the future going to catch up with that ice cream? That stuff has been around at least 30 years. The first time I had it was at the Space Center in 1983.

Not sure. But it taste's good so who cares really? Bobby should add an ice cream of the future stand in Dino Land. The rest of it looks like a carnival so why not?

Are you allowed to eat those fish, or is it strictly sushi for dolphins?

They did not look or smell appetizing.

End of quality posts.

Those were mistaken for quality. There was no info from Bobby in any of those posts.

The correct reference for people using iPads in public and blocking people's view is "you look like a tool and the video sucks". Now repeat after me "you look like a tool and the video sucks!".

:rofl3: :rofl2:

I was wondering when you were going to catch your omission of the familyofbears. I mean, I'm not gonna correct a man on his own TR, but I considered it :)

And for all of you reading along, the snarky cookies were awesome.

You should have corrected me. I don't take any notes so I mostly go by the pics to remind me what we did and I was on cruise control for a bit on this TR. We need to take at least one pic of each fiend too when we meet so this doesn't happen again. My bad. Maybe you guys can make one of your famous weekend trips when we are there in December?

Okay, I give up. What is the obscure movie?

"One Magic Christmas" which is a Disney movie I believe

And by they way, I'm a little disappointed. I fully expected a snarky from Stef. Where is she?

Not sure. If I was her and Trevor, I would be in Daytona.

You shut your mouth. A FL trip without WDW and Sea World instead?

Weird.

I have never been to Sea World (went to the one in Texas a long time ago). I suppose we'll have to head over there some day, but it's hard to go there and buy tickets when we have AP's to WDW.

Decisions...

I would never go instead of WDW for an entire trip, but if you are gonna be in Central Florida for a couple weeks and you can spare one day.....that's different.

AC first, great trip report! Loving it and enjoy the time your family takes with the trip. This is how our family does it, especially when my kids were the same age as yours. I am going back to read your live report.

Now about the the stinking comment...

At least the Tennessee River had the good sense when it was forced to flow into Alabama to turn around and come back. It was fortunate enough to avoid GA completely. It is one of the few rivers in the Northern Hemisphere to flow north for any great distance.

Regardless, I love reading from all the Fiends, even those that make fun of our great state. Remember Davy Crockett is from TN. Maybe named that Stinking Creek. And we know how much Disney loves Davy Crockett and thus Tennessee by default.

Thanks.

Where as Tennessee is the gateway to my southern comfort zone of Tennessee, Georgia, the Carolinas, Florida, and Alabama.......I have nothing but good things to say. I have a feeling I would like all the other states in the south as well. Just never been there to this point.

I've never been over to the Wilderness Lodge, but we have a 9 night trip coming and only 2 1/2 park days. I want to make it there, but DH thinks I've already got us too scheduled, and we don't have enough Fort time. Apparently, hanging out at the Fort all day and then having a dinner ADR doesn't count as a Fort day. LOL. Maybe I'll sneak over solo.

Kelly, we love WL too. You can come with us in a few weeks so you don't have to explore alone.

Aaron,

I am LOVING the repeat photos!

It's fun to see how they fit into the whole vacation!

Don't listen to the easily confused on this one.

Keep it coming!

The Tennessee River must be pretty sweet, or the Georgia Legislature wouldn't be desperately trying to move the state line so they could access it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/17/water-wars-georgia-wants-slice-tennessee-river/