Josh over at easywdw is speculating that the Sept. park hours haven't been released on the normal schedule because EMHs are going bye-bye.

If that's the reason for his speculation, does he speculate on why the hours for the water parks, which don't have EMH, haven't been released ether?

Seems like a pretty big leap to me. It's happened before that park hours didn't come out exactly on time at the 6 month mark.

Also not unusual for them to change a bunch of times in that 6 month period.

I think last year between the 6 month mark and our trip, park hours changed at least 4 times.

Honestly at this point, I can see them doing away with EMH and just extending the hours a bit. Since they let everyone stay in the park anyway, and checking of KTTW cards is hit or miss, it's hardly an onsite perk anymore. :-

Honestly at this point, I can see them doing away with EMH and just extending the hours a bit. Since they let everyone stay in the park anyway, and checking of KTTW cards is hit or miss, it's hardly an onsite perk anymore. :-

I agree.

I think part of the plan for this Fastplass Plus crap is to do away with EMH's.

They spent a TON of money on this new technology. They didn't spend that kind of money without expecting a return. EMH's must cost them a fortune. How many people do they have to pay to keep the park open for those extra hours?

So what will replace EMH's? How about a couple more Fastpasses for resort guests? That would be easy enough to do once the new technology rolls out.

TCD

The whole idea behind building on site hotels was to keep guests from spending their buck elsewhere. By eliminating perks such as EMH, they will see a commensurate reduction in hotel occupancy. I'm sure one of the pencil pushers have done the math at Disney. I don't see how, but maybe they've determined more than break even.

The whole idea behind building on site hotels was to keep guests from spending their buck elsewhere. By eliminating perks such as EMH, they will see a commensurate reduction in hotel occupancy. I'm sure one of the pencil pushers have done the math at Disney. I don't see how, but maybe they've determined more than break even.

All they have to do is offer resort guests extra Fastpasses on their Magic Bands, and the average schmo won't even miss EMH's. And, don't think they won't cheat by making these Fastpasses for things that you don't need a Fastpass for currently.

TCD

I love EMH. It siphons off the crowds from the park I want to visit that day.

Bobbie has probably told you that it's wishful thinking on your part and I would never disagree with him.

Before the days when non-park hoppers were not widely available, the park that had EMH or a long operating day was not as affected as much, but now since so many non-park hoppers are now available at a reduced price, then the park that has EMH or longer opening hours is jammed because folks want to get the most out of their money. It stinks!!!!

On a EMH nights, the biggest exit rush actually takes place at normal park closing time. When the park closes after the EMH, the number of people exiting is quite a bit lower and it's an early night for the buses.

Based on that, it would appear that EMHs are not that busy and have minimal impact on crowd levels at the other parks.

Because evening EMHs have been discontinued at AK and reduced from 3 to 2 hours at the other parks indicates that EMHs do not attract enough people to justify the cost of keeping the park open that long as it stands to reason that if Disney was making money on 3 hour EMHs, they would still be doing them.

And based on the activity that I've seen at the 3 parks that still have them, I'm not sure if they're making money on 2 hour EMHs.

From what we've seen, the late night EMH do result in a pretty empty park (relatively speaking). Great for those of us able to take advantage of them, but yeah, probably not a big money maker for the mouse.

On the flip side, most of the crowd predictors (like Touring Plans) will tell you to steer clear of the park with morning EMH because it tends to fill up quicker/more than usual.

Again, probably great for those able to take advantage of getting there early before the park fills up, but probably also a good argument for having a park hopper to bug out when it starts getting busy.

I wouldn't know. I don't think we've ever made it to a park that early. 8)

We are not early morning people so, the late EMH are better for us.

I have to agree. If I'm on vacation, my clock isn't even on early enough for morning EMH's.

The late hours work great for us. The early ones? Have fun, and take a couple pictures of the sunrise for me. I'm sleeping in...