The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

Congrats to twin #1 for keeping it in the SEC even if it is at Gatorland. That looks like a great program she is in. I can't wait to hear what her coming years hold. Keep those three guys in mind with SOTMK cards or the rest of us will be bored without your TRs to read.

Lawd! Grown men discussing spells, Santa runner scratching an itch and men running in skirts. Some days there just isn't enough brain bleach.

brain_bleach.jpg

Congrats to Twin #1 !!! Way to go!! Looking forward to seeing which school Twin #2 chooses. She has some great choices! And another big congrats to First Born Daughter! The TCD girls rock! :)

TMI, TMI.

For once (OK, maybe twice), I agree with Lou. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all the race pics!!!! We need a mega-Fiend race event. I vote Expedition Everest!!!!! It's a 5K with obstacles and clues you have to solve at the end. Short enough for easy training, but packs brain power and a little extra challenge.

Congrats to twin #1 and having one child that graduated from FSU and another from USF, it didn't really matter. Made for a nice in state rivalry sometimes.

I don't think that the Jumbo Three Amigos are going to come close to filling your WDW void.

Yes, wherever they end up, we will make it work. It will be fun, our extended familites already have ties to all the schools that are in play.

Jumbo Three Amigos! That's a good one!

And you're right, hanging out with the SOTMK nerds isn't going to be as much fun as hanging with the TCD girls, but what can I do?

Ok, you caught me. I don't have a zoo. There is a zoo in Greenville, SC which is about a 20 minute drive away and which my tax dollars ehlp fund. But it is not my zoo. OTOH, my 16yob does hope to have a big cat rescue of some sort when he "grows up" (already 6'4"!! How much more growing up can he do??).

Even just looking at running made my innards ache. Oy, it is tough to get old! :wheelchair:

That's an awesome dream for your son! But probably a little scary for you.

I agree that the three amigos are not going to be as much fun.

Santa needs ointment? Who would have known.

Love the backstage stuff.

If Dave would have been with you, you would have been yelled at for taking photos.

Having seen the backstage stuff, both here and at the MK, it's overrated. Big deal- they have a bunch of old junk backstage. I don't know why they get so worked up with people taking photos of it.

Great photos. Butt scratching Santa...eww

I just don't get that Harlem Shake thing.

Aladdin & Jasmine are cute.

The Harlem Shake will probably disappear as fast as it came.

I agree about Aladdin and Jasmine. And props to the dad for running in a Genie costume.

TCD, enjoying your report!

Marty, I have a 13 year old grandson who's 6'6"! We're asking how much more too!

Thanks, Gwen.

I hate to think what your grandson's food bill comes to.

Congrats to twin #1 for keeping it in the SEC even if it is at Gatorland. That looks like a great program she is in. I can't wait to hear what her coming years hold. Keep those three guys in mind with SOTMK cards or the rest of us will be bored without your TRs to read.

Yeah, it looks like I may have daughters at two SEC schools next year. Football season will be interesting.

I have a Saturday in September circled for when the Vols visit the swamp.

Love the race photos. Could have done without the Santa photo. But I guess we can be glad he wasn't wearing a speedo.

Sorry about the Santa photos.

And I apologize in advance for the few more that will be featured in the next update.

Lawd! Grown men discussing spells, Santa runner scratching an itch and men running in skirts. Some days there just isn't enough brain bleach.

brain_bleach.jpg

Congrats to Twin #1 !!! Way to go!! Looking forward to seeing which school Twin #2 chooses. She has some great choices! And another big congrats to First Born Daughter! The TCD girls rock! :)

Thanks.

Please order some more Brain Bleach stat.

And get the extra strength. All you can get your hands on.

There is a photo coming up later of the grossest thing I have ever seen at WDW.

Coming from me, that is saying something.

And I promise that I am not exaggerating. In fact, I'm afraid there is no Brain Bleach strong enough. You'll see.

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

Ah, New Jersey humor.

There is nothing like it!

TMI, TMI.

Agreed. But, it's my fault for posting the photo.

TCD

For once (OK, maybe twice), I agree with Lou. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all the race pics!!!! We need a mega-Fiend race event. I vote Expedition Everest!!!!! It's a 5K with obstacles and clues you have to solve at the end. Short enough for easy training, but packs brain power and a little extra challenge.

Have you done the EE challenge? It does sound fun. But, I doubt everyone is dressed up like at the Royal Family 5K.

I would like to give the EE Challenge a try some time. Not this year, though.

TCD

I love the idea of a group of FF running in a Disney race. Or maybe I just love anything that sounds like an excuse to escape from the stresses of everyday life and hang with some fiends. OTOH, doing a race would mean training and running is a good daily escape fromt he stresses of life. :)

Let's move on.

We left off with us approaching the backstage area of Epcot.

Much to our dismay, look who we caught up to here:

RoyalFamily5K2013114_zps4a6a597d.jpg

We finally made it to the first mile marker. The time posted reflects the time that the first group started, which was about 15-16 minutes before we started. Considering all the goofing around that we did, we did pretty good running that first mile in about 13-14 minutes. We knew that once we got in the park, there would be photo ops and water stations to slow us down, so we knew the second and third miles would be much slower:

RoyalFamily5K2013115_zps6ad00243.jpg

I ran ahead a bit here to get a photo of the girls running in to Epcot. I couldn't resist:

RoyalFamily5K2013116_zps1a9e74ed.jpg

Gross.

Here we are running in to the backstage area. The outdoor Test Track track is on the right behind the trees:

RoyalFamily5K2013117_zpsd601d253.jpg

This building looked like it was some type of water treatment facility. I think they process the waste water on site here. They take the waste water, treat it, and pump it back into the park through the water fountains. That explains a lot:

RoyalFamily5K2013118_zpsb0d12d0d.jpg

We kept running toward Test Track:

RoyalFamily5K2013119_zps4fb2c264.jpg

There were some securtiy types guarding the parking lot on our left. That must be where they keep Walt's head:

RoyalFamily5K2013120_zps9c8f5d9c.jpg

Getting closer:

RoyalFamily5K2013122_zpse65df4f5.jpg

I turned around to take this photo- it shows how many people were behind us, and you can see that the sun is finally rising:

RoyalFamily5K2013123_zps52421749.jpg

We could see the old Wonders of Life pavilion off to the right:

RoyalFamily5K2013124_zps1b4ae511.jpg

They had us run right under the Test Track track. You can see how banked the track is here. It doesn't seem that much of an angle on the ride:

RoyalFamily5K2013125_zpsb77fd08c.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013126_zps1900fc7a.jpg

After passing under the track, we ran past the Mexico pavilion, which is on the right in this photo:

RoyalFamily5K2013127_zps37f918ba.jpg

We got to see the reserved parking spaces of the managers of the San Angel Inn restaurant. It would be pretty cool to have a reserved space here:

RoyalFamily5K2013131_zpsba4a348d.jpg

Some used beer kegs out back:

RoyalFamily5K2013132_zps8c285f0f.jpg

Then we ran through these gates. On the side we were entering from, it looked like the back of any large restaurant. But through these gates, we will be running right in to the World Showcase right next to the Mexico pavilion:

RoyalFamily5K2013133_zpse46fabbd.jpg

The first view of the World Showcase at sunrise was just awesome!:

RoyalFamily5K2013136_zpsd285888a.jpg

You can see they had the torches around the lagoon lit.

We had to stop for a photo:

RoyalFamily5K2013138_zpsda3eeb88.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013139_zps8ffcce76.jpg

And then we ran off toward Norway:

RoyalFamily5K2013140_zps374c147b.jpg

They had a water station set up there:

RoyalFamily5K2013141_zpsbcf3c05b.jpg

As we passed China, we saw that Mulan and Mushu were posing for photos. The girls wanted to stop for a photo. Fine by me, I wasn't in a hurry. So we got in line:

RoyalFamily5K2013142_zpsfc1a9341.jpg

This was going to take a while.

But that was OK, because the people watching was great. Hundreds of people ran on by as we stood there:

RoyalFamily5K2013143_zpsce64dbf9.jpg

Here's a guy in a King costume:

RoyalFamily5K2013144_zps610f868f.jpg

And, do you see that dude running by in the overalls and orange shirt with the freakishly big hands? Wreck It Ralph! :

RoyalFamily5K2013145_zps315eb1dc.jpg

Princess Leia ran by:

RoyalFamily5K2013147_zpsfd987bff.jpg

And Mickey Mouse was just ahead of us in the Mulan line:

RoyalFamily5K2013148_zpsa80815ac.jpg

I guess these were the Faries from Sleeping Beauty:

RoyalFamily5K2013149_zps0df9c98e.jpg

And the runners just kept on coming:

RoyalFamily5K2013150_zpsd02d901f.jpg

I'm not sure what this mom was trying to do with the yellow gown. Maybe Belle? If so, fail on that:

RoyalFamily5K2013151_zpsf93cb652.jpg

So, how are you enjoying the race?

I hope you like all the photos, because we are just in to Mile 2, and we have quite a ways to go.

TCD

Sorry about the Santa photos.

And I apologize in advance for the few more that will be featured in the next update.

Thanks.

Please order some more Brain Bleach stat.

And get the extra strength. All you can get your hands on.

There is a photo coming up later of the grossest thing I have ever seen at WDW.

Coming from me, that is saying something.

And I promise that I am not exaggerating. In fact, I'm afraid there is no Brain Bleach strong enough. You'll see.

That apology was not good enough. :))

Brain Bleach is ordered...in bulk. Mental Floss will be added at no extra charge. Fingers crossed that it will be enough.

I used to run track. It has occurred to me that I have never run a race wearing a tutu. Or a cape. Or a Princess Leia costume. Or a yellow ball gown.

Maybe I should put that on the bucket list. Yeah I'll do that.

Brain Bleach is ordered...in bulk. Mental Floss will be added at no extra charge. Fingers crossed that it will be enough.

I used to run track. It has occurred to me that I have never run a race wearing a tutu. Or a cape. Or a Princess Leia costume. Or a yellow ball gown.

How about you wear those at the next www and them we will put Missy in gear....whole I take photos

Good. But, I looked at the photo again, and I am afraid Brain Bleach and Mental Floss will be no match.

I'll warn everyone not to look at the time.

It was from after the race, so it will be a while until we get there.

How about you wear those at the next www and them we will put Missy in gear....whole I take photos

This doesn't sound like a good idea.

But, since when has that stopped any of you Wild Womenz?

TCD

We will press on, because we have a lot of ground to cover.

We left off still in the Mulan and Mushu line.

And, people kept streaming by. But, we are getting closer:

RoyalFamily5K2013152_zpsd6f88223.jpg

There were just one or two more groups to go until it was our turn.

And that is when Mushu decided to take a break.

Fail.

The girls were OK with that, because they hoped maybe that meant that Mulan's boyfriend, Shang, would come out to replace Mushu.

But, he didn't.

At least not while we were there.

To which I say- bad form Disney. Buy another freakin' costume and don't have a character disappear right when guests who have waited a long time are about to get their turn.

The photo is still good:

RoyalFamily5K2013153_zps1f0dd29e.jpg

That took a long time. But, it gave us a chance to catch our breath, and we were ready to run on. I noticed some new kiosks that will probably be used for the Flower and Garden Show:

RoyalFamily5K2013154_zps71142776.jpg

Just when we fell into a good running pace, we came to a new line. This one was for the apple muncher. Why would so many people want to meet her? I don't know, but the line was long:

RoyalFamily5K2013155_zps59446b41.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013156_zps69f39c2b.jpg

And it was slow!

Oh well, it was a good thing we got in the line when we did, because soon all of these people were behind us:

RoyalFamily5K2013157_zpsa01b2166.jpg

And, just like the last place, we were treated to some great people watching:

RoyalFamily5K2013158_zps974517ca.jpg

The TCD girls liked these girls' costumes, so I took a photo. They are supposed to be Boo and Sully. Great idea:

RoyalFamily5K2013159_zps4b8606eb.jpg

There was an area right next to us that was being prepped for the Flower and Garden show:

RoyalFamily5K2013160_zps17355e9b.jpg

As I stood there waiting in that slow line, I heard someone call my name.

I looked, and saw a guy in a Fort Wilderness t-shirt running along at a good clip.

I went over to say hello.

It was Live4FW aka Scot!

Running along with a big pack.

Wow!

8000 people, and two Fiends find each other.

Fiend Nation!

Scot said he couldn't stop- he wanted to keep his pace, so he ran on.

I snapped a photo of him as he ran away. He's in the center of this photo- do you see the brown Fort Wilderness shirt? :

RoyalFamily5K2013161_zps2bdefa7f.jpg

Let me help you with a zoom and purple crayon:

scot_zps10fb1c22.jpg

How cool is that?

Good job Scot!

Notice that he was running while we were just standing around to meet Dave's girlfriend.

And here she is:

RoyalFamily5K2013162_zps7e4eddd8.jpg

Do you notice how awkward that pose looks?

It was.

I was kind of sweating.

And Miss White was trying to avoid TCD sweat.

Which she well should have.

But, if you think that's awkward, just wait.

In a few more photos I will post one that is even more awkward.

Remember that I declared a moratorium on snarky comments about the runners?

It was hard for me to honor that with this next lady. But I will:

RoyalFamily5K2013163_zps6557efcd.jpg

Please do not miss the Peter Pan on the left of that photo.

One more photo of the runaway bride:

RoyalFamily5K2013164_zps8f910254.jpg

If you plan to run one of these, please make note that bride dresses are a bad idea.

I kind of felt sorry for that lady- she had a long way to go.

They already had some of the Flower and Garden show topiaries out around the America pavilon:

RoyalFamily5K2013165_zps24432367.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013166_zpsd650383e.jpg

This costume gave me a great idea:

RoyalFamily5K2013167_zps454e88b4.jpg

Next year, I'm running as TinkerBill.

I just need a TinkerBell dress, my spankula, some lights, and to grow a nice 5 o'clock shadow.

Genius.

My new buddies, the Three Amigos could dress up as the rest of the fairies.

Fun times!

This is Alice, not Belle, right?:

RoyalFamily5K2013168_zps7bf0a412.jpg

We stopped in Morroco for another meet and greet.

This lady was right in front of me:

RoyalFamily5K2013169_zps1d240875.jpg

Her shirt says: "Dear God, Please Let There Be Someone Behind Me to Read This."

Funny.

And her prayer was answered.

Boo and Sully came by again:

RoyalFamily5K2013170_zpsa2061495.jpg

The Morocco line was long too. But Aladdin, and more importantly, Jasmine were there.

So we watied and people watched:

RoyalFamily5K2013171_zps5d66fb05.jpg

I have no words:

RoyalFamily5K2013172_zps77b42163.jpg

Wow:

RoyalFamily5K2013173_zpse842ae79.jpg

IDK:

RoyalFamily5K2013174_zps5008c052.jpg

More princesses:

RoyalFamily5K2013175_zpsc4c13fe0.jpg

This is Belle, not Alice, right? :

RoyalFamily5K2013176_zpsd060c54d.jpg

So, as we waited to meet A & J, I couldn't help but notice that Jasmine was bundled up in her winter coat. But, it had to be at least 75 degrees this morning.

What is up with that?

Who wants to see Jasmine in a winter coat?

Just before our turn, a CM came and led Jasmine away.

Not again!

But, Jasmine ducked in to a doorway to take off her winter coat, and then came right back.

Winning.

Here's our awkward photo. So awkward, that I considered not posting it. But, it's the only one I have, so have a good laugh at my expense. Jasmine was doing her best to not let me touch her in any way. Story of my life:

RoyalFamily5K2013177_zps03ce2bb0.jpg

That is a strong Jasmine.

As much as I wanted to hang around and catch up on the Agrabah gossip, we had to get a move on. Walkers were passing us. And people with walkers probably wouldn't be far behind. We didn't care about our time, but we sure didn't want to come in last.

So, we ran on.

TCD

Just what I need. More incriminating photos. :))

Good. But, I looked at the photo again, and I am afraid Brain Bleach and Mental Floss will be no match.

I'll warn everyone not to look at the time.

It was from after the race, so it will be a while until we get there.

This doesn't sound like a good idea.

But, since when has that stopped any of you Wild Womenz?

TCD

This is really going to be bad isn't it? I'll add high tech sunglasses to the list or maybe just a blindfold soaked in brain bleach. Will there be any damage to my computer due to this shocking display?

The womenz cannot be stopped. But that is another discussion altogether.

Fist up!

It's up! Except I am not wearing a tutu.

I love the race photos! I don't run, but I think that if someday I was inclined to run in a Disney Race, I would be wearing a costume for 3 reasons.

1 - It's Disney.

2 - I could end up in someone's trip report

3 - when I finish dead last and drag my behind over the finish line I can blame it on the stupid costume.(eg too heavy, too long etc...)