The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

Those last photos made me completely forget all the remarks I had about the various characters in the race.

And Garth at the AK.

I mean how do you get that image out of your mind?

Dude, did you really need to share those? Oy.

We played on that very Twister game when we stayed at Pop last month.

Thankfully, it was the weekend before the one this TR is about.

I will never touch that Twister dial ever again.

She is wearing underwear, that isn't even a swimsuit. That is a regular bra and panties, meant to be worn under one's regular clothes.

I have considered Dave's suggestion about ending this TR here.

And, it makes a lot of sense.

But, I must continue, as I would hate to end on that note.

Plus, I have an exclusive photo of something that has never been posted anywhere on the internet before, and two very disturbing (SMB) things to report about our beloved Fort.

So, we must press on.

In order to get back on track, I'm not going to respond to all of the comments about the Seniorita in her underwear.

Just these, and then this TR moves on:

Eh I'm from Rhode Island. I've seen worse.

I call BS.

When is it warm enough in RI that the lady inhabitants take off their parkas?

And do people in RI own bathing suits?

If so, why?

Thanks a lot for that pal.

I don't get it, is it that she and others like her, live in a world without mirrors?

It's not that she's a large women, it's that she would wear something like that in public. (I doubled checked to make sure I spelled that last word right. It could have gone so wrong, especially with this topic.)

LOL. Good job, and thank you for checking your spelling.

I agree with you. A large woman has every right to be out enjoying a resort. But, not dressed like that.

Those last photos made me completely forget all the remarks I had about the various characters in the race.

And Garth at the AK.

I mean how do you get that image out of your mind?

Dude, did you really need to share those? Oy.

We played on that very Twister game when we stayed at Pop last month.

Thankfully, it was the weekend before the one this TR is about.

I will never touch that Twister dial ever again.

She is wearing underwear, that isn't even a swimsuit. That is a regular bra and panties, meant to be worn under one's regular clothes.

Two things:

1. You had me stumped with the Garth at AK reference. I thought you were talking about Garth Brooks. Then I re-read that post. I see what you did- you dropped a Wayne's World reference. Nice job!

2. Seriously? That is underwear? I thought it was just a too small swim suit. That makes it even worse.

Andrew, in my opinion you should just stop this trip report right here. There is no where else to go with it. That picture will go down in the anals of Fort Fiend history. And yes, I am aware of my spelling error.

As I said above, your suggestion has a lot of merit.

But, I have more pictures. And news to report.

So I ain't stopping.

TCD

Two things:

1. You had me stumped with the Garth at AK reference. I thought you were talking about Garth Brooks. Then I re-read that post. I see what you did- you dropped a Wayne's World reference. Nice job!

Party on, Wayne!

2. Seriously? That is underwear? I thought it was just a too small swim suit. That makes it even worse.

It was the bra that gave it away. Swimsuits don't have hooks on the back like that. Usually there are ties, or there is just one big hook. There wasn't enough of the thong showing for me to tell for certain, but my guess would be they are also not swimwear. What I am dying to know is if anyone asked her to put some clothes on? Not only is this disgusting to see, it is most definitely not appropriate for someone to display themselves this way at a family resort in WDW!! It's not like she is at a "clothing optional" beach in the Caribbean!

*edited to delete an autocorrect that made one of the sentences sound really disturbing…..for some reason this forum won't allow you to post a certain word that rhymes with "corn"……so I skipped the reference altogether.

That's why we usually say pood forn :)

"Somebody's" work filters was blocking threads when that word was used, so Jen fixed it :)

Oh, ok.

See, I thought Dave had typo'd food p---, everybody mistreated him badly over it, and as a Snarky in-joke it became pood forn.

I was blaming Dave for that one.

Makes perfect sense right?

Two things:

Party on, Wayne!

It was the bra that gave it away. Swimsuits don't have hooks on the back like that. Usually there are ties, or there is just one big hook. There wasn't enough of the thong showing for me to tell for certain, but my guess would be they are also not swimwear. What I am dying to know is if anyone asked her to put some clothes on? Not only is this disgusting to see, it is most definitely not appropriate for someone to display themselves this way at a family resort in WDW!! It's not like she is at a "clothing optional" beach in the Caribbean!

*edited to delete an autocorrect that made one of the sentences sound really disturbing…..for some reason this forum won't allow you to post a certain word that rhymes with "corn"……so I skipped the reference altogether.

Man, I'm slow.

I was trying to figure out what word rhymes with corn that could possibly have anything to do with Seniorita Underwear. I was stumped, but then I read on. Now I get it.

we can't say pictures of kitties here?

You just did.

That's why we usually say pood forn :)

"Somebody's" work filters was blocking threads when that word was used, so Jen fixed it :)

And by "Somebody" Carol means Carol.

Oh, ok.

See, I thought Dave had typo'd food p---, everybody mistreated him badly over it, and as a Snarky in-joke it became pood forn.

I was blaming Dave for that one.

Makes perfect sense right?

Yes, it makes perfect sense to blame Dave.

I'll bet somehow it is his fault.

That is also why several of my posts on the WWW TR has funny sentences. I used the original word knowing the censors would change them.

No wonder I can't figure out a lot of what y'all were talking about there.

I finally just gave up.

All I know is that you had fun. And that there are a lot of inside jokes.

TCD

I reckon there may be a few less readers as we continue on with this report.

I understand.

I don't want to see those photos anymore either.

But, unlike a few Fiends who shall remain nameless, but you know who you are, TCD finishes his TR's.

Always.

So this one continues.

We spent the rest of the afternoon hiding in our room hoping not to see the Seniorita again.

Thankfully, we didn't.

As I may have mentioned, we had big dinner plans.

And we were hungry. I had just had bird seed, a banana and a Mickey Head pretzel to eat all day.

And soon enough, it was time for us to set off on our evening adventure.

We headed out to the MK bus stop.

Anyone want to guess where we are heading?

Did anyone say 'Ohana?

If so, good guess.

And you're right.

Funny.

We had never been to 'Ohana for dinner. Ever. Until last month. And, here we were going back already. I guess that tells you something about how we feel about 'Ohana.

There was a long line of guests waiting at the MK bus stop.

Long enough that I wondered if we would make it on the bus when it came.

But, a long line isn't a bad thing. That usually means the bus is coming soon.

And it did.

As always, it took forever for the stupid people in front of us to load on to the bus. And, as always, a couple of idiots with strollers didn't bother to even think about folding them up until it was their turn to board. And, since this was going to be a full bus, once all the seats were taken, those same idiots stopped about half way down the aisle to plop their enormous folded strollers down and stand. Even though everyone could see that there were still guests who needed to board. How can people be so stupid? I mean, really?

Anyway, our driver, who I will call Not-Lou, was good. He kept on telling people to move. And, when they didn't, which is typical of the average idiots you run in to at WDW, he told them again. He was going to get us all on the bus. God Bless Not-Lou.

After a lot of effort on the part of Not-Lou, we were the last to board the bus.

Fine by me. That means we will be the first ones off.

Take that idiot stroller people.

Plus, we had a great view through the windshield.

Here is Not-Lou. You can see he is giving me the hairy eyeball because I am standing in front of that yellow line that I'm supposed to stand behind:

RoyalFamily5K2013294_zps941b563d.jpg

It was interesting to drive around WDW this weekend, as there was all kind of gear set up in the road medians for the Half Marathon, which would be run tomorrow morning- you can see tents, a generator, and other stuff set up here near the MK parking entrance:

RoyalFamily5K2013295_zps2416e87e.jpg

Lou-Lou does not like the new color scheme for the parking entrance. I didn't think to ask Not-Lou what he thought:

RoyalFamily5K2013296_zps6b2e5547.jpg

As we approached the water bridge, I saw that one of the big Ferry boats was heading across it:

RoyalFamily5K2013297_zps3f8b36f5.jpg

It would be cool to snap a photo from down below of the Ferry crossing the water bridge above. I thought I could take a photo like that, but I couldn't from where I was in the bus. Not-Lou proably could have, but I didn't think quick enough and didn't ask him.

I don't remember ever seeing a bus displaying the message "Earning My Ears," but I have now:

RoyalFamily5K2013299_zps00360271.jpg

Hopefully it won't be long before fellow Fiend Total Joker is behind the wheel of a bus with that message.

I never knew they had a pin trading board set up outside the MK. But tonight they did:

RoyalFamily5K2013300_zpsa8b076bd.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013302_zps7ef08b45.jpg

Twin #1 saw something she liked there, and made a succesful trade.

It had been a gorgeous day, and it was a beautiful evening. We had all agreed that we would prefer to take the boat to the Polynesian from the MK, so we headed that way:

RoyalFamily5K2013303_zps8414caa2.jpg

We were happy to see that the boat was loading as we walked up.

Awesome!

The line of guests in front of us moved quickly, but just as the group ahead of us was about to board, the evil boat captain told them sorry, but the boat is full.

Dang!

I guess we would be traveling via the highway in the sky instead.

A cruise across the Seven Seas Lagoon at sunset would have been nice.

Here's a look toward the Contemporary-look how the light from the setting sun is reflecting off of it- and don't miss the moon:

RoyalFamily5K2013304_zps0774d42e.jpg

Our plans for after dinner included a return to the MK. I took a look to see how busy things looked. It didn't look too bad:

RoyalFamily5K2013305_zps9423426b.jpg

We headed up the ramp to the resort monorail, and loaded right away. The boat to the Polynesian hadn't even left the dock yet.

Ha!

A view of the MK entrance from the monorail:

RoyalFamily5K2013307_zps14b83643.jpg

A shot from our stop at the Contemporary Resort:

RoyalFamily5K2013308_zps7246441c.jpg

I call this photo Moon Over Abomination:

RoyalFamily5K2013309_zps21e2005a.jpg

We made it to the Polynesian and to 'Ohana a few minutes before our ADR, and got checked in. Our ADR's were for 6:50. That was a great time. It was awesome having ADR's. While we were waiting to check in, and checking in, we witnessed several poor schlubs asking at the check-in if they could be seated without a reservation. The hosts there seem to love to smile and tell the poor schlubs, sorry but no. Just like they had done to me when we visited here on New Year's Day.

I call this photo Apostrophe Catastrophe. Check it out- it this photo you can see the word 'Ohana spelled three different ways:

RoyalFamily5K2013312_zps90f80fdc.jpg

Really, Disney?

And while we admire the stupidity of the people in charge at WDW, may I point out something else? Do you want to know how much dinner at 'Ohana costs? That might be important to some guests, right? Well good luck with that. I know that there is some complex pricing strategy that they use at certain WDW restaurants where they change prices based on the season and even the day of the week. Fine if that's how you want to do things. But, can you publish the prices somewhere so guests can make an informed decision? I tried to find an official statement on the Disney website for what we would be charged for our dinner, but darned if I could find it.

Idiots.

Oh yeah, this is a minor thing, but in addition to the mispellings, that dumb 'Ohana sign does not accurately describe what they serve at 'Ohana. Apparently, some time in January, they changed some things like the salad and the sauces they serve with dinner. But, I guess it would cost too much for them to print an updated menu on a piece of copy paper?

We had to wait a little bit to be seated.

There were a lot of folks waiting with us.

I thought this meant we might be in for a long wait. But we weren't.

The bar next to 'Ohana is called the Tambu Lounge. This is it:

RoyalFamily5K2013314_zpsb43a6702.jpg

We waited out in this area:

RoyalFamily5K2013315_zpsf04eee73.jpg

In case you're interested, here's the menu that lists the apps they serve in the bar:

RoyalFamily5K2013316_zps60b73a06.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013317_zps8045dcc7.jpg

They also have drinks listed in the menu. These are the ones unique to the Polynesian Resort. I have always wanted to try the backscratcher- it comes with an actual backscratcher:

RoyalFamily5K2013318_zpsc03bba51.jpg

What I don't know, and the menu doesn't tell us, is how much one of those drinks cost.

I guess prices are a big secret at the Polynesian.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Even though there was quite a crowd waiting, our beeper went off before all the people who had been waiting before us.

When I checked in, I had asked that if at all possible, we be seated at a window with a view of the MK.

And, that is exactly what we got!

In fact, we were seated at the same exact table that we had been seated at the month before, on our first visit.

Awesome!

We had a great server.

Soft drinks are included with the price of dinner. We didn't know that included Shirley Temples, but our server asked the girls if they wanted one. And they did. Cheers! :

RoyalFamily5K2013319_zps9d2d4fce.jpg

There is an entertainer on duty at 'Ohana to play Hawaiian music and entertain the guests. When we were here last month, it was a guy. Tonight, it was a lady with a ukelele. I think she is well known and well liked by the guests.

She got all the kids up to dance the hula. The TCD twins are there in the back row:

RoyalFamily5K2013322_zps8928006d.jpg

I don't have a bunch of food photos for you.

I took a bunch of photos and posted them in my last TR, so go look at those if you need an 'Ohana food photo fix.

I was too busy eating to take pictures.

Man, was it good!

When I made our reservations, I checked the schedule for MK fireworks that night, and knew that the fireworks would be at 8 pm. I have heard that they pipe in the fireworks music and dim the lights, but we have never been here for that. I was hoping that it was true.

Sure enough, right before 8, the lights dimmed, and we heard the Wishes soundtrack begin!

I thought it would be cool to video the fireworks, so I started. If you listen carefully, you can hear the music start to play. But, what you can mainly hear is the kid at the table next to us, who decided he should narrate the whole thing for his family. The best part was where his mom told him to look for Tinkerbell. From here, he looked like just a tiny green spot traveling quickly by, and he was easy to miss. The kid completely missed it, and spent the rest of the show pointing asking where Tinkerbell was. I stopped taping when I saw that the kid's parents weren't about to tell him to pipe down. Oh well. We actually got a good laugh out of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCUjzFGwU6E&feature=youtu.be

We snapped a few photos.

I call this one Fireworks over Carnage:

RoyalFamily5K2013326_zps4b97121e.jpg

By the way, that little blue dot you see below and to the right of the Fireworks is Cinderalla Castle. So, you can imagine how hard it would be to see TinkerBill.

One more Fireworks photo. It wasn't easy to take photos of the fireworks. But I'm sure we did better that the lady with the expensive camera at the table behind us who obviously didn't know how to use her camera and had it on an automatic setting. She kept on taking flash photos. In a dark room, through a window. I'll bet those are some good pics:

RoyalFamily5K2013329_zps3212eeb2.jpg

I'll tell you what.

Even with the kid at the next table narrating, I liked watching the fireworks from here. Not as much as I do from Clementine's Beach, but I still ilked them.

Even though I didn't take any food photos, I still had to take a photo of our bread pudding, which arrived right after the fireworks. Man was it good! :

RoyalFamily5K2013340_zps75056153.jpg

Then the check came and the party was over.

Our bill was around $120. I swear it had been under a hundred the month before. I guess we paid peak season price this time. I would have liked to have known that ahead of time.

Oh well.

Believe it or not, it's worth it, and I don't have a complaint about the price. We ate like kings and queens. Big kings and queens.

We paid and headed out.

I love how they cook the meat right out in the open. Here's one of the cooks, still going strong for the next lucky guests:

RoyalFamily5K2013342_zpsf23454e8.jpg

We walked past the place where our hostess had picked up our bread as we entered, and I snapped a bread photo. This bread is the bomb, but we forced ourselves to just eat a small piece each this time, as we wanted room for the meat:

RoyalFamily5K2013343_zps451e95a9.jpg

As planned, we headed to the MK from here. The published close time was 10 pm, and we arrived just before 9, so we knew we didn't have long. But, as we walked in, and announcement was made that the closing time had been extended to 11.

We stopped for some SOTMK cards, and just as we exited the fire station, the parade had begun.

This Tinkerbell is definitely not a dude. Thank goodness for that:

RoyalFamily5K2013345_zpsc5e147c9.jpg

Right there in front of the fire station is actually a good place to see the parade. The road is narrow there, so the floats are very close:

RoyalFamily5K2013347_zpsb6c378e9.jpg

But, we didn't want to spend time watching the whole parade, so we headed to the cross-over, then through the gift shop, and back toward Fantasyland.

We were back behind the castle, and the parade was still coming up the street, when we noticed something quite odd.

Pete was missing from Elliot's back:

RoyalFamily5K2013348_zps31f33830.jpg

We had never seen that before.

And that wasn't the only thing we saw tonight in the MK that we hadn't seen before.

There is one more thing.

But, I'm at the photo limit, so that will have to wait until the next update.

Since we have to wait, I'll give you all a chance to guess.

I will be posting a photo of something we saw in the MK that has never, to this point, been photographed and posted on the internet. Not just on ff.net, but the entire World Wide Web.

And don't worry, it's not anything gross.

Any guesses?

TCD