I've only had a GAG once, sad I know. It was on our trip last April, and we paid a little extra for all white meat. We were shocked to receive all breasts, no wings. It was a CRAZY amount of food, and we ate it for days. Was that a fluke, or is that how it usually comes? Just curious because we're going to have visitors one night and plan to get a GAG or 2 for dinner.

I've only had a GAG once, sad I know. It was on our trip last April, and we paid a little extra for all white meat. We were shocked to receive all breasts, no wings. It was a CRAZY amount of food, and we ate it for days. Was that a fluke, or is that how it usually comes? Just curious because we're going to have visitors one night and plan to get a GAG or 2 for dinner.

Wings are dark meat so I would assume if you paid the extra for all white meat that's what you would get. I hope so anyway 'cause I am planning on having on in July. With all white meat.

I think it all depends on who is getting it for you, Kathy eats white and I only eat dark so I tell them no wings and a little more dark than white. Sometimes I wind up with 15 pieces with no wings and sometimes I wind up with the regular GAG with 2 boobs,2 thighs 3 legs and 3 worthless freakin wings it all depends on the server.

I learned something today... I've always considered wings dark meat (and not worth the effort).

PS: I searched google and found out there are varying opinions as to whether wings are white or dark meat.

I had always believed them to be dark. I know they have tasted more like dark when I have tried them in the past.

According to a TE Manager: " all white is usually wings and breasts, but you can ask for all breasts". If you don't specify you could have 5 wings and 5 breasts.

Well, I will! I believe we just got an answer live from the Fort!

Jason, get ready for a FEAST!

Ok, being from Buffalo I consider myself an authority on wings. And wings are most definitely white meat. That is why, if you ever order a 1/4 chicken dinner in a restaurant, if you want white you get a breast and a wing, or dark you get a thigh and drumstick (otherwise known as a leg quarter). Think about the anatomy...the wing is attached to the breast. It is the breast muscle that makes the wing move. Furthermore, wings are NEVER a waste of time. They are God's gift to us. I mean, chickens can't fly. If we weren't supposed to eat them why in hell would they even have wings? God would have given them stumps. Nobody wants stumps. Even the homeless people won't eat stumps.

Well, as a newbie and a truly causal observer, I can assure you that I chose to read this thread thinking the subject was about something totally different. Guess we'll have to add this to our "bucket" list. (Actually, that's pretty bad even by my standards. I'll go now.) David

Our order last time was all screwed up. My dd and dh wanted 4 legs 2 thighs and I wanted 4 breasts (so I would have some leftover for another dish). That's NOT what we got after we were promised the order taker would personally see to it.

We also asked for all cornbread as we don't like the biscuits TE serves.

They gave us biscuits and we couldn't even get the ants to eat those all weekend. Also the order was cold when we got it back to the RV.

DD looks forward to that as her first night dinner, but I don't think we'll be getting it anymore.

So make sure you check it before you leave TE so if it's not right they can fix it then.

While I consider myself a leg man, I do like a good breast once in a while.